SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My FIRST CAR ! Guess what it is?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 08:03 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice pick up. i didnt buy my first car until i was 21. but it was a 98 GS400 so i was a little spoiled, but nice pick up. i would get an exhaust, drop, and maybe some different wheels but those dont look half bad either. good luck
Old 10-02-13, 09:14 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Mastana
Thanks alot, preciate that bro
No problem man. Good luck with your SC. It will be a lot fun driving a 290 HP SC around.
Old 10-02-13, 01:01 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Very few get a chance having a 98+ SC400, so make it count!
Old 10-02-13, 02:50 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I wish my parents had this kind of money to buy a car like this when I was in high school. I pimped in my 1975 Chevrolet long wheel base pick up truck. Oh BTW, my parents still have it. I thought about driving my wife and I to the 25 year reunion in it.

Nice find BTW. All your friends must be jealous. I would keep it so CLEAN !!!!
Old 10-02-13, 06:19 PM
Mastana
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Welcome to CL nice SC man.
Thanks a lot man

Originally Posted by Boltzmann
Your SC is so much sweeter than my first car, which was a 1980 Olds Cutless Supreme.

That car could have been sweet had I turned 16 during the early 1980s rather than the late 1990s.

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Beautiful ride kid!!! Take very good care of your ghost, one of the cleanest cars around. And drive safely!!
Congrats!!!!
Thanks a lot man i will

Originally Posted by SCstone
wow lucky guy and nice find! My first car was a 86 caprice classic that I totaled on pourpose I hated it so much compared to your chic magnet.

"oh, you dive a lexus? can you give a ride me home after school?"
"oh, thats your car? umm I think i'll walk. see ya around! "
Lmao, sounds accurrate

Originally Posted by SportC400
Nice SC looks real clean. My SC is a Florida car to at a 113k no rust but that Florida sun sure doesn't do justice to our headlights luckily there's many informative DIY on here. My first car was an Acura Legend which would have been cool except it was a first generation 171k 1989 sedan and it was 2002. And yes I also wanted a SC when I was 16.
thanks a lot bro, i like legends one of my friends had a legend it was a 94 . Those cars look nice

Originally Posted by crenfro
Congrats man on the pickup! I have a 92 Sc400 for my first car! I just turned 18 a week ago I've had my car for about a year and a half. Unfortunately nowhere near the condition yours is in but take care of that gem! You're definitely gonna be driving a head turner!
Appreciate that man , i will take care if the SC lol

Originally Posted by hoosier58
SWEET! That's a beautiful car, Mastana. Congratulations on finding it!

Please don't do to it what I did to my first car, at 17. I put a maintanance challenged, but completely straight, 1969 Fiat 124 sport coupe into a big tree. Today, 38 years later, you can't even find one of those. In 38 years you'll never be able to replace the SC.
I will take that into consideration thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by Duck05
Great find. If the inside is anything like the outside then there is almost nothing to do to it....

Just keep it safe and garaged during those NJ winters.... It is a 15 year old, after all (almost as old as you!!!).

Congrats.....
I will take pictures of the interior tomorrow, its really clean. Its like no one ever sat in it . Thanks man !

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
congrats on the new car, drive safely and watch out for other drivers too! and if possible keep mods on this beautiful car to a minimum, maybe a drop and different wheels but keep it nice and simple.
Thanks for the advice !

Originally Posted by Maserati
Nice! I wanted an SC since i was 18 lol, and i got mine at 21! But nice pickup, we're all dying to know the mileage and how much it cost
The Mileage is 108k and i got it for a great price !

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Yeah...my first car was an Oldsmobile Cutlass...a 1971. Got it when I was 14. I'm now 17 as well, and I couldn't stay away from the SC!

@ OP: Car looks great! 108k is not many miles so this SC should serve you well. To start out, you might want to polish those headlights.
Yea, i heard at autozone you can buy the headlight kit and it does the trick . Thanks for advice !

Originally Posted by bigwes
very nice pick up. i didnt buy my first car until i was 21. but it was a 98 GS400 so i was a little spoiled, but nice pick up. i would get an exhaust, drop, and maybe some different wheels but those dont look half bad either. good luck
Yea im not quite sure yet what i want to do with it. Thanks for the advice man !

Originally Posted by Kira X
No problem man. Good luck with your SC. It will be a lot fun driving a 290 HP SC around.
Im excited to drive lol thanks !

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
Congrats on the new car! Very few get a chance having a 98+ SC400, so make it count!
I will man thanks !

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I wish my parents had this kind of money to buy a car like this when I was in high school. I pimped in my 1975 Chevrolet long wheel base pick up truck. Oh BTW, my parents still have it. I thought about driving my wife and I to the 25 year reunion in it.

Nice find BTW. All your friends must be jealous. I would keep it so CLEAN !!!!
Yea man im so happy about it . Im going to baby this car lol
Old 10-02-13, 07:24 PM
moretoys
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great find, you should be proud that you paid for it.
I must be older than many of you as my 1st car was a 70 Chevelle with a 307 and a horseshoe shifter in 1977. Mine only cost a 100 bucks back then.
Old 10-02-13, 07:52 PM
Mastana
Rookie

Originally Posted by moretoys
Great find, you should be proud that you paid for it.
I must be older than many of you as my 1st car was a 70 Chevelle with a 307 and a horseshoe shifter in 1977. Mine only cost a 100 bucks back then.
Thanks man i worked two jobs and saved for a while but it finally paid off. I dont even know what that it lol
Old 10-02-13, 07:58 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Be careful with this thing in the winter, itll suck haha. Even with snow tires, no experience/rwd/ and almost 300 horses will be a lot to handle. I just turned 20 and if you drive anything like i did when i just got my license, especially with the 400, tickets will come in a steady never ending stream haha. Congrats and enjoy it. I sort of wish i went with an sc400 instead of a gs.
Old 10-03-13, 04:11 AM
Mastana
Rookie

Originally Posted by gray_es300
Be careful with this thing in the winter, itll suck haha. Even with snow tires, no experience/rwd/ and almost 300 horses will be a lot to handle. I just turned 20 and if you drive anything like i did when i just got my license, especially with the 400, tickets will come in a steady never ending stream haha. Congrats and enjoy it. I sort of wish i went with an sc400 instead of a gs.
Thanks a lot bro, im going drive safely this thing is like my baby . Thanks for the heads up
Old 10-03-13, 07:26 AM
njsc3000
Rookie

Congrats very nice find. I also own a dwp 98 sc300.
Old 10-03-13, 07:46 AM
Mastana
Rookie

Originally Posted by njsc3000
Congrats very nice find. I also own a dwp 98 sc300.
Thanks man , gotta love the sc bro
Old 10-03-13, 09:40 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Congratulations - a 98 SC400 owner here also

Keep it clean and stock as possible-please remove those chrome badgeries

Originally Posted by Boltzmann
Your SC is so much sweeter than my first car, which was a 1980 Olds Cutless Supreme.
I remembered drooling over that car back then when our neighbor bought one brand new.

AC?
Power window?
Power steering?
Digital am/fm?
V6?

We had a 79 chevette so you can see why

Last edited by GS3Tek; 10-03-13 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 12:10 PM
BigPeteSC4
Driver School Candidate

Nice pick up, I wish my SC was that clean when I bought it.
Old 10-03-13, 12:45 PM
Mastana
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Congratulations - a 98 SC400 owner here also

Keep it clean and stock as possible-please remove those chrome badgeries

I remembered drooling over that car back then when our neighbor bought one brand new.

AC?
Power window?
Power steering?
Digital am/fm?
V6?

We had a 79 chevette so you can see why
Thanks i want to keep everything stock, i just need to polish the head light lol

Originally Posted by iBungholio
Nice pick up, I wish my SC was that clean when I bought it.
Thanks man suprisingly I got it great condition
Old 10-06-13, 11:52 AM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

and remove the silly ghetto chrome/plastic "thingies" on the front qtr panel. Otherwise you have an absolutely beautiful SC400! New, that car would be pushing high end Jag prices in today's dollars and to think your 17 and it's your first car.....jesus, If I had owned something like that as my first car I would have truly think I had died and gone to heaven. You should have seen the rusted out POS VW beetle I had back in the 60's as my first driver. You son.... are one fortunate SOB! Baby it and please do not wrap it around a tree anytime soon. You should be able to get another 200K miles out of that engine with ease. You are on the best site to learn EVERYTHING about how to maintain and care for this fabulous machine. Thks for posting and Good luck and enjoy!

Quick Reply: My FIRST CAR ! Guess what it is?????