SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My Hardtop SC is no more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-13, 09:04 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My Hardtop SC is no more.

Hey guys it saddens me to write this but my car is totaled from an accident. A young woman in her SUV ran into my rear while I was at a stop light. Got hit so hard made my SC hit the car in front of me who was also at the light. I basically don’t have a rear end any longer, whole rear is pushed in my trunk and back windshield is out along with frontal damage. Girl claims she fell asleep at the wheel but I have a strong assumption she was texting and not paying attention. I saw her coming really fast in my rear view mirror and within a split second braced for impact and got hit. I got some back and neck injuries and released from the hospital with pain mediation and muscle relaxers. I pretty much feel like a train wreck. Thank God for my life and the other drivers were ok, SC took it like a champ and was still drivable which my bro in law drove it home where it now sits in my garage till everything gets taken care of with insurance along with my health...

Well guys this is my goodbye, for now anyways hopefully be riding in another Lexus in the future but ill be keeping my options open…. it was a good run and I loved that car but wasn’t in love with it and I don’t ever think ill find another clean SC hardtop like mine ever again but we’ll see, it was truly one of the best cars ive ever owned. Hate the fact I didn’t write a build thread or show it like I wanted with the plans I had in mind. It’s a very unfortunate event but only God knows why things like this happen and I hope the reason is revealed soon and God grant me the knowledge and strength…….All you guys take care and God bless.

Joey-E
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (12-15-16)
Old 09-27-13, 09:09 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident Joey, I hope you didn't get hurt.
Sc's are dime a dozen, it's just a matter of time before one falls into your lap
Take care of yourself!!
Old 09-27-13, 09:34 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sucks to hear. I know how ya feel.
I got hit by a texter myself, the light turned green and i started to go and then hear tires screeching and BAM! It's a chance we all take while driving. hope everything works out. theres always another SC out there waiting to be rescued.
Old 09-27-13, 09:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Sorry to hear about this Joey and glad you weren't injured worse than you were. Take care of yourself and heal up.
Old 09-27-13, 11:01 PM
Bix49
Rookie

Joey Joey, Joey, You gave me such good advice before I bought my, I mean my daughters car and now you've lost yours It just ain't right ,pal. But you are alright and you will have another. Take care,
Bix
Old 09-28-13, 05:38 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bummer! Hope you recover fully and find another nice project. Too bad a hardtop is out of the game now, there weren't that many to start with.
Old 09-28-13, 07:16 AM
SportC400
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this tragic event at least it sounds like no person was seriously injured. I hope you have a quick recovery from your injuries and find a car being a SC or not that makes you happy. Good Luck
Old 09-28-13, 12:01 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

These are threads that I hate to read about. It also saddens me to hear from another member who is no longer with us. I consider everyone on here like a family member. At least you are alive and able to tell us about it. Take care of yourself and get to feeling better! We hope to hear back from you real soon.
Old 09-28-13, 05:53 PM
bmxkeeler
Rookie

Sounds exactly like my accident where I lost my Evo. It sucks man, I'm really sorry to hear that.
Old 09-29-13, 12:24 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw man sorry to hear about this Joey. Not enough of us hardtop guys around. Glad you are ok though, and have fun picking out a new car!
Old 09-29-13, 01:20 AM
RicoLSX
Driver

Sorry to hear bro. I haven't been around the SC game long enough, but I'm guessing non-sunroof SC's are rare eh.

Hope you find your way back to another toy soon, Lexus or not.
Old 09-29-13, 06:39 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

damn joey really?

get well soon buddy and get back in the lexus game when youre ready

Its nice to see your a man of faith, with a little hard work and a little help from the man above its amazing how things tend to work out for the best.

One door closed, u can be sure another one will open , lets see where this leads
Old 09-29-13, 08:07 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

i got into too many accidents and thank god im still alive, its bound to happen, at least it wasnt your fault so get ready for some insurance $$$, hopefully you get into another sc or another lexus wish you all the best!
Old 09-29-13, 12:25 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys I really appreciate all of your guys concerns, encouragement and support, it means a lot too me during this time. You guys are like my internet fam…Lexus will definitely be my number one choice for my next vehicle but we’ll see ill keep you guys informed. Thanks everyone.
Old 09-29-13, 01:47 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Wow man, I'm sorry to hear you lost the SC. I'm glad to see you're alright though. That sounded like a pretty bad wreck.

Quick Reply: My Hardtop SC is no more.