SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New SC400 owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-13, 12:45 PM
TTRedline
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SC400 owner

So let me start off by saying I'm new to the whole forum thing lol. Well I got a 95 Lexus SC400 from a trade, I like the car but the interior is crap so I was pissed about that, Radio wires were cut, and passenger window wont roll down. So I need some suggestions on where I can get some interior, and what some good mods for my sc400. I have done is so far is full 3in exhaust, and changed the intake. What I want to is a manual swap, turbo kit, and coilovers. So hit me up with suggestions pls
Attached Thumbnails New SC400 owner-sale.jpg   New SC400 owner-lexus-3.jpg  
Old 09-22-13, 01:33 PM
Boltzmann
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We love pics around here. Got any of the interior?
Old 09-22-13, 05:03 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

First off welcome to CL...congrats on becoming part of the SC family. As far as the interior parts, check out the SC3/4 classifieds. Also remember the name "Aliga" chances are he can get what ever pieces you may need?
Moving along to the MODs question. What is your goal? Will this be a daily driver, etc. On a side note, I see you're in LA-what part? I'm in Leesville for now. Either way, keep us posted and GL with your build!

steve
Old 09-22-13, 07:45 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to CL, congrats
Old 09-22-13, 10:26 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to CL. There aren't any real mods for this car. If I was u I think I would supercharge it. Turbo SC4 are really expensive.
Old 09-23-13, 02:25 AM
SCstone
Pole Position

Nice catch with decent wheels. you've come to the right place. what was the trade? what color interoir? milage? easier to help with more info tell us more about it.

sources for interior - Classifieds(craigslist). Part out's, Salvage/Junk yards. Ebay. Here on CL. there is a classified section. many members have parts for sale.

Turbo kit - you have the SC400, which has the 1UZ-FE. a 4.0 Quad-Cam V8 of Japanese muscle with exhaust manifolds on both sides of the engine. I'm not saying its not possible... but the 1UZ just simply isn't built for boost atleast on the exhaust side of things and would require ALOT of fabrication and even more $$$. you should look into supercharging for boost which involves the intake manifold. the m90 or M112 units. I vote no boost at all and go ITB but thats just me, and im silly.

Manual Swap - I'd use Quantum Auto's kit. theres a few others out there.

and again Welcome, and good modding!
Old 09-23-13, 05:41 AM
NazanS
Driver School Candidate

What's going on man. I'm new to the Club myself and will be posting pictures of my sc400. I was and still am fixing and paying for repairs to my 95 sc400. I was in the same predicament with my radio when I bought my car. All I can say is that if you're like me and have always luved that style of car...It's going to be frustating, but stick with it and it will eventually pan out. Trust, I'm learning my car as I go. The toyota dealership just told me an outrageous price for some repairs to my car...However I've put toooooo much time and money into this thing and I'm going to see it through...
Old 09-23-13, 06:59 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I would just start out by doing the small things. This builds confidence in working on a Lexus. Your window issue is probably a regulator. Sort of a pain to put in but can be done with basic hand tools. You need to ask yourself how much are you willing to spend on the car, daily driver, and do you have another car to drive while it is being completed. The stereo is simple. Replace the factory with another unit. Tap into the factory wiring and reuse the speakers if not dry rotted and you like the sound from them.

Welcome to CL!
Old 10-27-13, 12:29 PM
TTRedline
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys got an update on my SC400, I found the first owner of my car and he told me what has be done to the car. full 3 in exhaust, blox racing intake, comp cam, supra stock suspension, supra diff and supra auto shift kit. I don't know how true this is so any input on this guys ?
Old 10-27-13, 12:30 PM
TTRedline
Driver School Candidate

Also he said he runs low 13s in the 1/4 but the car doesn't feel that fast
Old 10-27-13, 12:33 PM
TTRedline
Driver School Candidate

My goals with this car is just a quick DD that I can take to the track on the weekends
Old 10-27-13, 02:45 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Comp cam? As in one? Also with the 3in exhaust(if that's accurate) you may be losing power...I'd try and verify what is actually done to it and where it stands maintenance wise, then start fixing the little things
Old 10-27-13, 03:38 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks very nice. Welcome to CL!
Old 10-27-13, 07:35 PM
TTRedline
Driver School Candidate

I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow, I have done full maintenance on it when I got it, and comp cams not just one lol @2jznosht
Old 10-27-13, 07:38 PM
V8drummer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TTRedline
Also he said he runs low 13s in the 1/4 but the car doesn't feel that fast
haha what a liar. I would take whatever this guy said about the car with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply: New SC400 owner