mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what trans is in it?
Old 08-21-13, 11:18 PM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

The car looks pretty rough and beat up. Not the most desirable color(s) either. Why is the engine bay red? Stock 1JZ twins have a bad rep of early failure. If one is leaking the other will soon follow. The interior is what is really killing it for me. Not that it's dirty but that awful steering wheel and those seats. Very ricy. I'll be generous and give a $2500 price tag but honestly you'd probably make more parting it out. I wish you the best of luck though with your future endeavors.
Old 08-22-13, 10:16 AM
Uhhhsc300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty rough? Ya the interior isn't so good but the body is straight with new paint. A little dirty in the pic. I'm not here to argue and say my car worth more then it is that's why I asked for your guys opinion. I'm not selling my problems to someone else I'm at the point where I've put a good amount of money into this car and I'm deciding to build something else I don't want to put more money into this car. And sorry for not being "discriptive" in my title I wasn't trying to be sneaky lol.

You guys make good points though my car for sure has some problems that lower the price, at the lowest this is worth no less then $5000 I'd say. It's hard to find 5 speed sc's.
Old 08-22-13, 01:28 PM
Lokz
Driver

You are probably looking between 3 - 4.5K, anything over that the buyer must be hella desperate for a 1JZ SC3. It might be functional but its not neat. It all comes into account when selling a car. Body and interior are more judged than motor by people. Does everything else work in your car? Clustors, A/C?
Old 08-22-13, 01:49 PM
TimSC300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Uhhhsc300
Hey guys I'm thinking of selling my sc. I know it sucks but I'm wanting something different I love my sc but it's time to movie on. So my question is its hard for me to put a value on my car as there isn't alot of others to compare to.

93 sc300 250,000 on body
5 speed conversion
Stock 1jz swap
New c8 sport coilover, I've never heard of them before $900 few thousand on them
Big sway bars front and rear
Turbo xs front mount with 2.5 piping t-clamps
Cx racing radiator
Dual flex lite fans
Momo seat
Nardi wheel
Cobra wheels 17x11 rear 17x 9 front
Newer paint and straight body
Apexi turbo timer
Welded diff
Drift button(woo)
Full tan interior not in good shape, seats ripped, carpet has stains
Auto meter boost gauge
Maybe some other small stuff

Pics in a sec

it depends who your selling to IMO if it's some teenage kid hed love it and pay higher but how much money does the average teen have? , but if you show some one who's had a few cars like me that engine bay i would say no thank you no matter how low the price . Not trying to be a **** but different people are looking for different things the older crowd who are the ones willing to pay more are looking for something that hasnt been abused or ****ed with.

Last edited by TimSC300; 08-22-13 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-22-13, 02:29 PM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Uhhhsc300
body is straight with new paint. .
And with a different color engine bay. That's a major red flag, no pun intended. And from looking at the pics, the reflection in the new paint looks dull, like maybe a single stage paint job from Maaco or something. Sorry, but I stand by my original statement. Rough. It's a tough crowd here with all the true enthusiasts. Again though, good luck.
Old 08-22-13, 02:31 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be honest - I don't think I'd pay more than $2000 for that car. The paint looks dull, interior is terrible, engine bay is red, wiring doesn't look pretty, there's not even a battery tie-down. Turbo is leaking... I think the 1j and w58 is about 90% of the value of that car - and I'd put those at about $1500.
Old 08-22-13, 03:01 PM
Lexusexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dx3
I'll be honest - I don't think I'd pay more than $2000 for that car. The paint looks dull, interior is terrible, engine bay is red, wiring doesn't look pretty, there's not even a battery tie-down. Turbo is leaking... I think the 1j and w58 is about 90% of the value of that car - and I'd put those at about $1500.
I'm sorry but $2k for that car is just insulting and asinine.
Old 08-24-13, 09:31 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusexus
I'm sorry but $2k for that car is just insulting and asinine.
the car does not have one single positive, its negative from top to bottom, front to back.

Its basically a parts/scrap car with a swapped in 1jz that im assuming has been pushed and abused(why else swap it in)

The paint is not dull, its overspray from a home made spray job, probably did himself, its not even the original color, turbos leaking, high mileage , interior is junk, missing pieces the list would only grow once we see it closer.

$7 grand , your dreaming, ill be perfectly honest , even at 1 thousand dollars I would pass on it, unless it had parts I need, which it doesn't, I wouldn't want it for any price.
Old 08-24-13, 12:02 PM
standpipe
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^^
I wasn't brave enough to do it, you sir have ***** ! LOL
Attached Thumbnails another whats my car worth question, now that the title is descriptive-putin.jpg  
Old 08-24-13, 12:54 PM
Lexusexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
the car does not have one single positive, its negative from top to bottom, front to back.

Its basically a parts/scrap car with a swapped in 1jz that im assuming has been pushed and abused(why else swap it in)

The paint is not dull, its overspray from a home made spray job, probably did himself, its not even the original color, turbos leaking, high mileage , interior is junk, missing pieces the list would only grow once we see it closer.

$7 grand , your dreaming, ill be perfectly honest , even at 1 thousand dollars I would pass on it, unless it had parts I need, which it doesn't, I wouldn't want it for any price.
It's worth no where near $7k but if you folks don't see that it's worth more than $2k then I just don't know how else to get the point across. You could part the entire car out for far more than $2k.
Old 08-26-13, 07:10 AM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks pretty rough man, even if it was a clean inside out these cars don't go for much. If I'm paying that much for the car then the car should at least be clean inside out or a total beast under the hood
Old 08-27-13, 11:11 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah......... i can build a 1jz r154 sc300 for like 3500 bucks if i play my cards right.. and it would be way cleaner than this.. sorry bro no more than 1500 if that.. your radiator is being held with a bungee cord what happen to the engine bay on the passenger side front looks like battery acid spill.. wires everywhere, 10000 hose clamps and 200 piece intercooler piping interior is horrid, kragen 20$ boost gauge dangling, no battery tie down.. you bought wrong battery with terminals swapped so its all rotated weird, ebay radiator, ebay fan. paint looks terrible, no antenna, probably doesnt have proper fuel pump, what wing is that just makes me sad looking at it..
Old 08-28-13, 12:46 AM
Lexusexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
yeah......... i can build a 1jz r154 sc300 for like 3500 bucks if i play my cards right.. and it would be way cleaner than this.. sorry bro no more than 1500 if that.. your radiator is being held with a bungee cord what happen to the engine bay on the passenger side front looks like battery acid spill.. wires everywhere, 10000 hose clamps and 200 piece intercooler piping interior is horrid, kragen 20$ boost gauge dangling, no battery tie down.. you bought wrong battery with terminals swapped so its all rotated weird, ebay radiator, ebay fan. paint looks terrible, no antenna, probably doesnt have proper fuel pump, what wing is that just makes me sad looking at it..
Seriously? Why/how are so many of you people so brain dead about this?

93 sc300 250,000 on body (Shell could pull upwards of $1000+)
5 speed conversion (W58 could easily sell for $600+)
Stock 1jz swap ($800-ish, 1jz longblocks that need a rebuild sell for that on eBay)
New c8 sport coilover ($0 if included with the shell, $3-400 if not)
Big sway bars front and rear (Not sure, probably $100+)
Turbo xs front mount with 2.5 piping t-clamps ($200-ish)
Cx racing radiator ($100 +/-)
Dual flex lite fans (Include with radiator or ~$40-50
Momo seat ($150+)
Nardi wheel ($100+)
Cobra wheels 17x11 rear 17x 9 front ($0 if included with shell, otherwise ~$3-400)
Apexi turbo timer ($~50?)
Auto meter boost gauge (~$30)

On the LOW SIDE, that is roughly ~$3500. He could potentially get more for a couple of things. Even if he parted the entire shell out and sent the rest to the scrapyard (3600lb car would pull decent scrap value) that's still almost $1000 for the shell once you sell the climate control and other interior pieces as well as headlights/taillights, whatever else you can possibly manage. That stuff goes for decent money since these cars are fairly rare.

I'm trying very hard not to be insulting here so I hope some of you can understand now how this is in no way a "$1500 car" that is just absolutely absurd.
Old 08-28-13, 04:44 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusexus

Seriously? Why/how are so many of you people so brain dead about this?

93 sc300 250,000 on body (Shell could pull upwards of $1000+)
5 speed conversion (W58 could easily sell for $600+)
Stock 1jz swap ($800-ish, 1jz longblocks that need a rebuild sell for that on eBay)
New c8 sport coilover ($0 if included with the shell, $3-400 if not)
Big sway bars front and rear (Not sure, probably $100+)
Turbo xs front mount with 2.5 piping t-clamps ($200-ish)
Cx racing radiator ($100 +/-)
Dual flex lite fans (Include with radiator or ~$40-50
Momo seat ($150+)
Nardi wheel ($100+)
Cobra wheels 17x11 rear 17x 9 front ($0 if included with shell, otherwise ~$3-400)
Apexi turbo timer ($~50?)
Auto meter boost gauge (~$30)

On the LOW SIDE, that is roughly ~$3500. He could potentially get more for a couple of things. Even if he parted the entire shell out and sent the rest to the scrapyard (3600lb car would pull decent scrap value) that's still almost $1000 for the shell once you sell the climate control and other interior pieces as well as headlights/taillights, whatever else you can possibly manage. That stuff goes for decent money since these cars are fairly rare.

I'm trying very hard not to be insulting here so I hope some of you can understand now how this is in no way a "$1500 car" that is just absolutely absurd.
Yeah let's see how quickly it sells at $3500. And lose the insults there chief.

Quick Reply: another whats my car worth question, now that the title is descriptive