SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

You let your girlfriend or wife drive your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 04:20 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default You let your girlfriend or wife drive your SC?

I was thinking on the way home this morning. You know come to think about it, my wife has never driven my SC since I tore it apart and now have boost. She does rag me about it, but I intentionally tell her how hard the Stage 4 clutch is, and she couldn't handle it and keep it from stalling. Like she knows what Stage 4 means anyway. She drove it a few times before the build but NEVER since then. I would honestly be afraid she would curb a rim or tire, or more so wreck it.

Do you let your wife or girlfriend drive your SC?

Let the story telling begin.
Old 07-02-13, 04:53 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No, and honestly it's not because of her driving skills. It's more or less for my wifes safety. I have no driver airbag, front driver side tire loses 5lbs of pressure every other day, the steering is loose like a **** star, the car continues to move a few inches at a full stop, it shakes and rattles at 65+mph, the subframe is completely rusted, and it has no A/C to help defrost the windows in extremely humid rainy days. That's all I can think of now.
Old 07-02-13, 05:00 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

I don't let ANYONE drive my SC. My steering is really messed up and it's pretty dangerous to drive.... unless it's me driving.
Old 07-02-13, 05:09 PM
uppercase1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I started modding it yeah I would let her borrow if I needed to work on her car.

Now...No...I will drive her any where she needs to go and leave her car with my mechanic.

And I guess I'll be the honest one here and yes its cus of her driving. I love her but seriously she can't drive my car.
Old 07-02-13, 05:58 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife hasn't touched my 350Z, S14 or my new baby SC300. She does however drive the GS when thirsty time calls.
Old 07-02-13, 06:00 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Many times I told my wife to drive my SC or even the MKIV ... or just her riding with me while I drive when we had to go somewhere ... SHE WON'T DO IT ! Why ? First , because damn MKIV has no cup holder and second SC has small cup holders, her large cup of soda or coffee won't fit ! GOOD FOR ME !!!

Two years ago I brought her with me in Colorado . Told her we will not take the plane back home cause I was buying a car. I didn't tell her what car I was buying. You guys have no idea how mad she was with me while we were heading home.. 1500 miles , she had to hold her cup because the MKIV had no cup holder.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-02-13 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 06:33 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think all the SC owners think the same way. We all deep down inside doesn't wont anyone driving it, even the wives. Man, that's pretty bad, when our life partner isn't even allowed to. The cup holder is another great idea, but I will stick the clutch issue right now. Its seems to be working. LOL

Ok, now that I have a few answers to my thread, would you let me drive your SC? Or vise versa?
Old 07-02-13, 06:48 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my wife drives mine with a stage 4 clutch, just dont get in her way
Old 07-02-13, 06:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Ok, now that I have a few answers to my thread, would you let me drive your SC? Or vise versa?

Sure why not ..I will hand you my keys on the Red Mamba but you will have to find out where the two secret switches are to get the car started . You don't find them , you can't start it thus you can't drive it .

Originally Posted by Vwpride12
my wife drives mine with a stage 4 clutch, just dont get in her way
Oh shoot ! I better get the phone ready to call 911 for an ambulance .. lol.
Old 07-02-13, 07:08 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

My wife drives mine whenever she wants. I trust her completely she knows its my pride and joy so she doesnt act a fool in it!
Old 07-02-13, 07:25 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tabaka
No, and honestly it's not because of her driving skills. It's more or less for my wifes safety. I have no driver airbag, front driver side tire loses 5lbs of pressure every other day, the steering is loose like a **** star, the car continues to move a few inches at a full stop, it shakes and rattles at 65+mph, the subframe is completely rusted, and it has no A/C to help defrost the windows in extremely humid rainy days. That's all I can think of now.
No ac that insane! and you still trying to turbo your car. LOL
Old 07-02-13, 07:27 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Not in NYC, she drove it in VA for the first time 3 weeks ago. She is a good driver just not used to a dropped car.

Actually she drove once in NYC for 5 min a few days ago while I find a rattle from the rear seat (coil over extenders rattling against rear speaker magnet).
Old 07-02-13, 07:30 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Only one girl i was close with drove, but her braking almost gave me an heart attack :/. Other than that nope, its not the same riding in the passenger seat.
Old 07-02-13, 07:32 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow man,your in a rolling death trap!
Old 07-02-13, 07:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

How did I miss this ? This is funny . Man , is this the car you are trying to boost ?

Quick Reply: You let your girlfriend or wife drive your SC?