SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

A request for all SC forum members, PLEASE finish your Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-13, 10:42 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default A request for all SC forum members, PLEASE finish your Thread

Me and Roger had a conversation the other night. It was about people posting up on here concerning questions and answers on there SC's. We further went into details about, "Hey did you ever find the problem, etc?". Well did he ever call you after you PM'd them your cell phone number? Roger and I were in agreeance to everyone ought to post their results and findings. There are many threads on here that people post there setup, mods, if any, and what they have done up to this point, and they finally started a thread for help. Roger and I get irritated when we go above and beyond, in our opinion, and the OP doesn't even say thank you or your information you all provided worked or didn't work. Sometimes the OP even questions the senior builders on here on their knowledge, trials and errors, and troubleshooting. Roger wanted to start a thread, even tho he doesn't check this section out much, just the classifieds and the performance and maintenance. I told him to start it, and I would chime in.

This thread is for people who hasn't found the resolution to their answers about their SC.

How many of you feel the same way, that the threads ought to be finished????

I think this would limit the same old questions being asked from newer members.
Old 06-29-13, 10:59 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

AWESOME idea!
I HATE it when I see you guys (many get paid for advice such as this) go the extra mile to provide an answer and the OP does not check back in. It is unappreciative at best.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 06-29-13 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-29-13, 11:01 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Sometimes I wish I had an SC due to the wealth of information you guys provide!
Old 06-29-13, 11:11 AM
LEXZILLA
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

never found problem or reason why my temp gauge is pegged at hot
thanks guys for your help
Old 06-29-13, 12:02 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Lex... bump your thread again. Allow others to review it again and see if any other new ideas arise.
Old 06-29-13, 12:05 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Guys I couldnt tell you how many dead threads they are or never finished, including build threads. I wonder if they are still in the game or sold the car. I texted Roger about this thread. I cant wait to see what he states. This thread is to get people to really finish there thread in its entirety. It would make it so much more entertaining and more enjoyable to read. I also might add to add pictures of the before and after. Pictures makes the thread. I understand it is a little bit more time consuming but more enjoyable for the readers.

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 06-30-13 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-29-13, 12:11 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

It is frustrating when there are all kinds of threads on one problem but nobody even graced to come back and went the extra inch to further help other SC'ers. "Use the search function" works sometimes, but usually there are tons of unfinished threads that leave you hanging. In result, ancient threads from 2005 pop randomly up as people experience the same issue and ask the OP what fixed it. (of course he's far gone) I don't think it's necessary to make it a rule, but it does need to be a priority. I was going to ask why you put this in the SC forum...
Old 06-29-13, 12:12 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Guys I couldnt tell you how many dead threads they are or never finished, including build threads. I wonder if they are still in the game or sold the car. I texted Roger about this thread. I cant wait to see what he states. This thread is to get people to really finish theie thread in its entirety. It would make it so much more entertaining and more enjoyable to read. I also might add to add pictures of the before and after. Pictures makes the thread. I understand it is a little bit more time consuming but more enjoyable for the readers.
Apple forums have coded a "Solved" icon into the site for inquiries. It encourages the "solved" status for the OP and contributors. When a question is answered, it gets this special 'star" icon after the original post that is visible from the thread list. It is initiated by the Op once he or she is satisfied and alerts people to unsolved inquiries to be reconsidered or bumped.
Old 06-29-13, 12:20 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by SC400slide
It is frustrating when there are all kinds of threads on one problem but nobody even graced to come back and went the extra inch to further help other SC'ers. "Use the search function" works sometimes, but usually there are tons of unfinished threads that leave you hanging. In result, ancient threads from 2005 pop randomly up as people experience the same issue and ask the OP what fixed it. (of course he's far gone) I don't think it's necessary to make it a rule, but it does need to be a priority. I was going to ask why you put this in the SC forum...
I put this in the SC forum cause I can... didnt you know I was a moderator? ??? Lol

There are many SC threads that could have been finished but they wasnt. I wanted to start here and possibly make a change in this section. Then reach out to the others. We have to start somewhere and I thought this would be as good place as any. I also believe we have alot of mature and respectful people on this section.
Old 06-29-13, 12:22 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

The main thing about this is people get lazy to update threads! It takes a lot of time to post up a DIY or snap pictures along a build thread and post them!
Old 06-29-13, 12:30 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great idea
Old 06-29-13, 12:41 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
The main thing about this is people get lazy to update threads! It takes a lot of time to post up a DIY or snap pictures along a build thread and post them!
It does take a long time to do this. Other option is to use a smart phone and download the app Photobucket. Uploads are almost instant with most users having 4G service now. This is what I use and it works great, Just copy the link and paste it. Very little effort.

Pictures makes the thread much more enjoyable to others viewing it.
Old 06-29-13, 05:47 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Me and Roger had a conversation the other night. It was about people posting up on here concerning questions and answers on there SC's. We further went into details about, "Hey did you ever find the problem, etc?". Well did he ever call you after you PM'd them your cell phone number? Roger and I were in agreeance to everyone ought to post their results and findings. There are many threads on here that people post there setup, mods, if any, and what they have done up to this point, and they finally started a thread for help. Roger and I get irritated when we go above and beyond, in our opinion, and the OP doesn't even say thank you or your information you all provided worked or didn't work. Sometimes the OP even questions the senior builders on here on their knowledge, trials and errors, and troubleshooting. Roger wanted to start a thread, even tho he doesn't check this section out much, just the classifieds and the performance and maintenance. I told him to start it, and I would chime in.

This thread is for people who hasn't found the resolution to their answers about their SC.

How many of you feel the same way, that the threads ought to be finished????

I think this would limit the same old questions being asked from newer members.
Thank you for creating the thread we spoke about the other day.
My idea behind the thread was to give both new and old alike the ability to do a search which we harp on the newbies to do before making a dup thread but I have encountered on many occasions that the search reveals several threads possible on the topic but it ends up with no answers to the problem the answer maybe in the thread but it was never closed out with the resolution.
Hence the reason for this thread, Sometimes speaking for myself I will not even bother to post answers to issues because alot of times the solution never gets posted or who helped you get the resolution or for that matter just a thank you to whoever helped.

I know sometimes I can come off very strong but don't let that skew the message if it got fixed LET THE THREAD?MEMBERS KNOW!!!!!
Old 06-30-13, 06:49 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Yeah Roger I agree. It appears the name of my thread has been changed. I wonder who?? You know who you are! This thread is based on to pay more attention to the answers that has been posted, wether it has been five years ago or sooner. The bottom line is that this site is full of knowledge and with the help of everyone it can become even better.

So I ask everyone, are you up to the challenge, to post up your findings and finish your thread?
Old 06-30-13, 12:51 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Thank you for this 1JZPWRD and blk&blu*j. I have encountered so many unfinished threads or threads with virtually no answer since being on the forums. Sometimes this is because no one has come up with a solution, though.

I'll check through mine and see what I can find that has been left open-ended. Full DIY write-ups are involved and while I do them occasionally I don't always have the time. I do know I have one project thread focused on making factory 92-94 keyless entry systems beep that is unfinished. I haven't abandoned it but it's a head scratcher. I'll get to it again soon.

Quick Reply: A request for all SC forum members, PLEASE finish your Thread