SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 Headlights will not turn on.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 03:14 PM
scguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same problem, right now, tails, parking and turn but no head lights. i can turn them on if i pull back high beam leaver but if i push it forwrod nothing, im gona try to replace the relay behing that thing see what happends
Old 06-10-13, 03:16 PM
scguy
Driver

obewon i changed the relays under hood i changed fuses under dash and rewraped and fixed all the wire harness, just like u im gona try to change that part behind fuse panel see if it works any tips??
Old 06-10-13, 03:18 PM
scguy
Driver

and is the brown box i c in that pic behind fuse panel thankz
Old 06-11-13, 06:22 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its brown on the Soarer. SC's are green. Dude, if you don't have much time or patience I suggest bypassing it. Getting the thing turned around to get that relay out is a MASSIVE pain. Getting it back in is an even bigger pain. You will want to move the carpet out the way too which is tough if you have a 3rd pedal.

Just be super patient and unplug everything going to the fuse panel.
Old 06-11-13, 09:24 AM
Quocsc400
Driver School Candidate

I removed my fuse box and checked the integration relay, i looked for burn outs or damage didnt find any, the relay looks fine, so i thought it was the switch. replaced the switch and still no power to the headlights i may have a bad wir,e going to keep looking.

Another issue popped up, my auto tilt system. When turned off it still activates when i put the key into the ignition cylinder. Im gonna take another look...
Old 06-11-13, 09:27 AM
Quocsc400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
Its brown on the Soarer. SC's are green. Dude, if you don't have much time or patience I suggest bypassing it. Getting the thing turned around to get that relay out is a MASSIVE pain. Getting it back in is an even bigger pain. You will want to move the carpet out the way too which is tough if you have a 3rd pedal.

Just be super patient and unplug everything going to the fuse panel.
^^^^
Yes huge pain!! But just unplug everything to make everything easy.
Old 06-11-13, 12:14 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

My relay looked fine too. I changed it just to make sure and that was the issue.
Old 01-10-14, 12:41 PM
Quocsc400
Driver School Candidate

Question Time For Bypass

1st Pic is Red wire(Switch) going to red green/silver dots
2nd Pic is Red Green/Silver dots running into intergration relay.
What do i have to do now to bypass the relay?

Originally Posted by PeteSoarer
Disassemble your steering wheel plastic covers and around the keyhole. You have to find a wire harness which goes to light switch and cut right wire and connect other end of the cutted wire to other wire. I don't know wire colors for SC and i don't remember which wires i cut. You need a multimeter to find correct wires.

If i remember it right, you have to cut a headlight wire that comes from integration relay and goes to light switch. Then you connect the light switch end cut end to a wire that is the ground side for hibeam FLASH. I figured out the right wires with a multimeter and jump cable which I stick into different wires and at the same time i turned the light switch on and off. You have to be absolutely sure which wire you cut before you cut any.

location of ground side for hibeam flash?

Thanks any help would be thankful
I dislike driving around at night holding my hibeam for my low beams to turn on.
Attached Thumbnails SC300 Headlights will not turn on.-photo-1.jpg   SC300 Headlights will not turn on.-photo-2.jpg  

Last edited by Quocsc400; 01-10-14 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Quote
Old 01-11-14, 03:03 AM
PeteSoarer
Driver

Originally Posted by Quocsc400
location of ground side for hibeam flash?
It's red/white (in Soarer) wire which is connected to light switch and goes somewhere. Connect the red wire to red/white and it should work. I tested this with a jump wire, but this can be dangerous in air-bagged car (if you dont know the wires) but i don't know is it even possible to blow the airbag accidentally. I didn't have airbag so i wasn't afraid that it explodes.

Here is a pic of final "installation". Red was cut too short so it was extended with yellow wire to red/white wire. You can see on the (down) right, cut red wire's integration relay side hanging free.

Old 01-11-14, 08:33 PM
Quocsc400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PeteSoarer
It's red/white (in Soarer) wire which is connected to light switch and goes somewhere. Connect the red wire to red/white and it should work. I tested this with a jump wire, but this can be dangerous in air-bagged car (if you dont know the wires) but i don't know is it even possible to blow the airbag accidentally. I didn't have airbag so i wasn't afraid that it explodes.

Here is a pic of final "installation". Red was cut too short so it was extended with yellow wire to red/white wire. You can see on the (down) right, cut red wire's integration relay side hanging free.

Found it! same colors
Red -> red/white

Thanks so much!
Old 01-12-14, 10:58 AM
PeteSoarer
Driver

Originally Posted by Quocsc400
Found it! same colors
Red -> red/white

Thanks so much!
Your welcome. Low beams working now?
Old 10-26-14, 08:07 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Digging this back up, did you guys take apart the whole steering column? There is 1 set of wires that go into the head light switch, but you cant access them with enough room to splice them until they join the other steering column wires at which point, you cant tell which red wire goes where. Are you guys even splicing at the steering column or down at the integration relay?
Old 10-27-14, 12:21 AM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

If I find these 2 wires at the integration relay, can I just bridge them to solve my problem?
Attached Thumbnails SC300 Headlights will not turn on.-headlight-bullshit.png  
Old 10-27-14, 09:19 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

In my mind that should work and makes sense, but it might not. Give it a shot.
As of now my headlights work but I still cannot figure out my wipers not working.
Old 10-27-14, 03:43 PM
marucus1
Driver School Candidate

Default 96 sc300 low beam and fog light not working

I bought the car 2 weeks ago and the driver side low beam and fog not working
It was working when I bought the car. The previous owner has hid bulb on the low beams
I did fix the fog light yesterday and tested before i put the unit back but the low beam is out along with the fog. Any ideas please chime in
Thanks

Quick Reply: SC300 Headlights will not turn on.