SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

mishimoto fan shroud

Old 06-06-13, 10:33 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mishimoto fan shroud

hey guys. i dont know if anybody is interested or if i shouldve posted this in the "what we did to our sc's today" section but i wanted to see how well this shroud would work and if it would be enough for our 2jz's. but a couple months ago i bought a mishimoto fan shroud for a mk4 supra. specifically 95. i got this from thmotorsports.com.
now when i got the part i new that the supra and the sc300 radiators were a tad different. so i ordered the part anyways. comes with 2 12" electric fans that i wired to 2 derale 16749 fan switches. <bought seperately as well. so when the part arrived, it was a little bit short with 2 of the brackets and 1 one in a ok spot but i wanted it in a better spot since im kind of a perfectionist. so i had to buy a raw aluminum rod from lowes and a couple of bolts and nuts. the only fabrication i had to do was cut off 3 brackets, and cut the raw aluminum to put the brackets where i needed them.
surprisingly enough, this fan shroud and these fans together work flawlessly for my car. car never overheats. fans work great. shroud is steady as can be.
one small problem is i dont know the cfm of these fans and i know theyre terribly small and not nearly enough as we need, which isnt that bad. the real problem is that i dont have a/c in this horrible vegas heat because the fans work great for just the radiator. not the condenser. i dont think they move enough air to keep the condensor cool at a red light. so my next step is probably to send this shroud out to get custom made by fiberglass. actually make it so it can cover the whole radiator. then send it out to get made by aluminum so i can fit bigger fans. maybe 2 15's or 16's.
heres some pics.

^this is the one that was a bit off but i wanted to fix anyways. it was in the right place just would've needed a big spacer inbetween the shroud and radiator.
since i had some extra raw aluminum left over i decided to make a mount for a transmission cooler and i actually really liked the way it came out. simple and effective.

^i guess from the pictures it looks like the bolts are going through the condensor but they arent. i'll take some more pics tomorrow and post. let me know what you guys think. and feel free to ask any questions.
Old 06-07-13, 09:00 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

May not be what you were looking for but the IS300 fans and shroud would have been perfect for what you are trying to accomplish. The shroud is a very close fit and the fans move more than enough air for full use of your AC in the Vegas heat.
Old 06-07-13, 04:17 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I knew that but I didn't want the bottle that it has. Forgot if it was the coolant overflow or the wiper fluid. I also like the look of aliminum a lot more than plastic.