SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Addition / Member

Old 05-23-13, 07:32 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Addition / Member

So long time lurker, but I have decided to finally come out of the woodwork and introduce myself, about a little over a year ago I went on a search to find a project that would get more away the ubiquitous Honda scene, I've owned 240's, a Fox body, but I ultimately wanted something Japanese could make a lot of power and had great support. I honestly thought about a supra, but they are stupid expensive and I didn't want to completely dedicate funds to one project, so it was a very pleasant surprise to learn about the SC chassis, especially the detail that pretty much everything could swap over, and that the most bang for the buck 2JZGTE could be swapped in reasonably.

So I searched and somewhat settled, I found a 94 that had a blown headgasket, all for what I thought was a reasonable $1250.00, she was a bit of a dog yes she needed shots, heartworm medicine and a good scrubbing but I thought I had finally arrived.

Thus far I've swapped the engine, which was a steep learning curve in itself, and dropped it on Tien springs, then sold the SC430 wheels for a set of Konig Monsoons I had laying around. The interior is garbage, so I found a fully intact and extremely clean and plush 96 black interior, I spent about a week everyday after work using leather conditioner cleaner, and massaged the daylights out of the leather components. Needless to say, my wife was very jealous of the royal treatment they received, I then bought a MKIII R154 trans, opened it up all looks good, so it seems a little more shopping and some more work and this thing should hold me over till I can make the next hurdle of NA-T or GTE. For now, I'm just glad to be apart of the community.
Old 05-23-13, 07:37 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Welcome and good luck with your build, you are right on track.
Old 05-23-13, 07:59 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome to CL. Clear up those headlights, paint the gas cap cover, and make it lower. Look in the struts, there might be stabilizers, which contribute to the height.. Enjoy your new SC!
Old 05-23-13, 08:27 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome Looks like your off to the right start
Old 05-23-13, 08:38 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sensing a great build in this car
Old 05-23-13, 08:48 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome, and you're definitely off to a great build as others have stated. Should hit up those headlights when you get a chance?
Old 05-23-13, 10:17 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome aboard man. I might ought to move this thread to the build section if it gets interesting.
Old 05-24-13, 12:39 AM
zzobeyyzz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats bro , and welcome to the community! Hope to see u in the build thread.
Old 06-18-13, 05:56 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

So I have a confession, the car I originally showed is not my only SC. a while back a deal came up and I bit off on it. The other car is a 92 SC300 with a 1JZ swap, autocoture kit, it's black on black, with tien suspension EDFC, it's clean it was owned by two prior club lexus owners. My dilemma is as nice as the black car is I feel like it's just not my car, I have ran into the dilemma of just building the power plant in my black car, especially since it runs a speed density ecu making a piggy back a tad easier to dial in.

I really don't know what to do, I am at such a cross roads, also the black car has dyed interior and I HATE dyed interiors, so pretty much the all complete black interior would go into the 92, but what about the dash I would have to leave the original dash in because everyone knows 92's came with no pass airbag.

I seriously need some advice on a solid path, I want power and we are talking in the 7-800 range.

Old 06-18-13, 08:13 PM
93Gotjuice
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my me like
Old 06-19-13, 10:31 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Last two pictures are the bomb diggity. Absolutely love the wheels.
Old 06-19-13, 11:22 AM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the side mirrors. Where'd you get them from?
Old 06-19-13, 11:26 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 1of120
I like the side mirrors. Where'd you get them from?
I'm getting rid of them in the near future you can have them, they don't really work the last owner retrofitted them and never got the lights to work or the servos to change the angle of the mirrors
Old 06-19-13, 11:32 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Concentrate the black car. It may not be your taste right now but it's nothing that can't be changed. Finding a tan dash with no airbag may be an issue, but then again you could go two-tone and not have to buy as many factory-colored OE parts. The Turbo'd swap has already been done for you. Most of the parts you'd probably like to change could probably be put on/in without pulling the engine and the black exterioris gonna pop way better than that green with some detail/touch-up work. Saw those LS brakes too. I wanna upgrade to Supra calipers BUT if I bought a car that already had those on it, I wouldn't be in a real rush to change those. Pick the green one apart and make ONE PROPER SC animal. But it's your life.....

Last edited by Sweatshop; 06-19-13 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-19-13, 01:41 PM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by kbb
Concentrate the black car. It may not be your taste right now but it's nothing that can't be changed. Finding a tan dash with no airbag may be an issue, but then again you could go two-tone and not have to buy as many factory-colored OE parts. The Turbo'd swap has already been done for you. Most of the parts you'd probably like to change could probably be put on/in without pulling the engine and the black exterioris gonna pop way better than that green with some detail/touch-up work. Saw those LS brakes too. I wanna upgrade to Supra calipers BUT if I bought a car that already had those on it, I wouldn't be in a real rush to change those. Pick the green one apart and make ONE PROPER SC animal. But it's your life.....
Thanks for the response, I guess no one's realized what I was asking before, funny thing is I have another ls bbk setup for the other car sitting in the garage, I just need the proper offset wheels before I toss them on.

Yeah you and some of my friends said the same thing especially about the swap, I'm just trying to swallow my pride. Who knows maybe a new set of rims, some works or volks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Addition / Member