SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Inexpensive Rear Lower Lip That matches 97+ Sides?

Old 05-16-13, 04:42 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Inexpensive Rear Lower Lip That matches 97+ Sides?

Hi,
Does anyone know who makes an inexpensive rear lower lip that fits OK with the 97+ sides?
I was about to get the 97+ rear bumper but i was just wondering if i could just put a rear lip on the bottom and skip the 97+Rear bumper and lower rear panels. It seems i can just bolt those on to my existing 95 bumper. Is this so?
When i search for rear spoiler, I get mostly "wings", even if I add lower. Are they called something else? Is Vertex a wrap around whole bumper or just the lower "wrap around" part?

Thanks,
SG
Old 05-16-13, 05:17 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

not really man the only one is the erebuni rear lip ,,,,,rideskins made one its selling for around $350 iirc

just go with the 97 rear if you can ,just my opinion
Old 05-16-13, 05:58 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
not really man the only one is the erebuni rear lip ,,,,,rideskins made one its selling for around $350 iirc

just go with the 97 rear if you can ,just my opinion
I likely will, I just thought painting that little lip would be easier than painting a whole bumper and rear lower panels. I have a deposit on a 97+ bumper, I'm just exploring all options before jumping.
Old 05-16-13, 06:20 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

yea i was in the same boat a few months ago, looking for a decent lip for a good price that fits the 97 sides but i don think it exists.

the vertex and other body kit lips are too agresive and dont flow, then you have to worry about fitment and quality etc....

I just went with a 97 rear and im more then happy with it now.
Old 05-16-13, 06:25 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
yea i was in the same boat a few months ago, looking for a decent lip for a good price that fits the 97 sides but i don think it exists.

the vertex and other body kit lips are too agresive and dont flow, then you have to worry about fitment and quality etc....

I just went with a 97 rear and im more then happy with it now.
Yeah, i'm 85% there just a bit bored by it unless its slammed with huge wheel. Guess i gotta get coilovers and new lips

Last edited by Studiogeek; 05-16-13 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-16-13, 07:23 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a 92, and currently have both the Rideskinz rear lip, and a 97 rear bumper sitting in my basement. Trying to decide which one I want to go with, and then will sell the other. Those are pretty much the only two options I think flow well with the 97 skirts.
Old 05-16-13, 07:54 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Halon
I have a 92, and currently have both the Rideskinz rear lip, and a 97 rear bumper sitting in my basement. Trying to decide which one I want to go with, and then will sell the other. Those are pretty much the only two options I think flow well with the 97 skirts.
Let me know if you sell the Rideskins plz.
Old 05-16-13, 08:40 PM
Axmily
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got a rideskinz rear lip that i will sell... shoot me a pm.. also have a front lip for 97+ and shine auto side skirts for a 95 lexus
Old 05-16-13, 09:15 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on what you're going for. Most people are too idiotic to KNOW that there are rear lips for 92-96 that want to "convert over" or have their on finishing touch. I know T&E makes a vertext lip kit specifiably for these years.

So depending on what your base year is. Yes there is the option. Along with a few other knock off brands that have rear lips. imo a fully lip kitted 92-96 SC craps all over the softer 97+ feminine design.

Last edited by Tret; 05-16-13 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-16-13, 09:50 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tret
It depends on what you're going for. Most people are too idiotic to KNOW that there are rear lips for 92-96 that want to "convert over" or have their on finishing touch. I know T&E makes a vertext lip kit specifiably for these years.

So depending on what your base year is. Yes there is the option. Along with a few other knock off brands that have rear lips. imo a fully lip kitted 92-96 SC craps all over the softer 97+ feminine design.
Hey genuis we all know vertex makes a lip kit, hes asking what rear lip matches with the 97 sides, the vertex does not.

so why dont u tell us idiotic people what lips are available and where to get them?

come on buddy hurry up
Old 05-16-13, 10:22 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Obvious aggressive response from another Fake 97+ SC owner. Don't rush me, if you're in a rush you can check the other threads that have gone over this.

I know vertex sits way low. I've been there and done that.

THIS LIP kit that fits the wise lip height and design is a good one, for a nice finisher

OPTIONS:
Height wise the Origin (Knock off) is close in height and shape (and easily sourced still), but not 100% like a 97+
The JIC Magic one has a slightly flare in design near the wheel well, but is still an option if you wish
The CBK one would fit best, but it looks like they took it down...

Until then I'd have to do more research and eye to eye matching with my boy's 97 to see what's close, and what isn't. pictures can only say so much when I look at options online.

We don't have much option, so if you want, you can do a "kouki" conversion like everyone else does/recommends.
Old 05-17-13, 02:21 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Treat each other nicely guys, I have benefitted from every answer here.
Keep the ideas flowing please.
PS, I will be using a Wise front lip if that helps any.
PPS: Pictures are really helpful.

Thank You All!
SG

Last edited by Studiogeek; 05-17-13 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-17-13, 05:06 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Axmily
ive got a rideskinz rear lip that i will sell... shoot me a pm.. also have a front lip for 97+ and shine auto side skirts for a 95 lexus
PM Sent!

10char
Old 05-17-13, 06:41 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tret
The JIC Magic one has a slightly flare in design near the wheel well, but is still an option if you wish
This would be my suggestion, it's pretty close and flares out a bit, so it might match.
Old 05-17-13, 07:50 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't get a lip or the 97 rear if you plan to stick with 97 sides. Go straight for the shine bumper. It's $350+ shipping. It will be very close to matching your 97 sides. In fact, I believe it's just a hair above in measurement.

DO NOT GET THE RIDESKINS REAR LIP IT'S ABSOLUTE JUNK THAT DOESN'T FIT

You will hate yourself, hate your car, and hate America. You've done a good job of cleaning up and removing a crappy body kit from your car. Keep up the good work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inexpensive Rear Lower Lip That matches 97+ Sides?