SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Inexpensive Rear Lower Lip That matches 97+ Sides?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-13, 11:40 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Tabaka, you're Rideskinz rear lip you applied, was it onto a 97 rear bumper or a pre-97 rear bumper?
Old 05-17-13, 01:09 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 97 bumper, but I can only imagine it would be worse on a 95 rear. Though it would follow the body line on a 95, I can't imagine that the contact from lip to bumper would be any better.
Old 05-17-13, 04:41 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are some options while I try to find the other thread that had them installed with 97+ sides on.

92-96 is limited on what we have. As you all know, any and every kit is built off the 97+ styling. If you're lucky enough to source, and have money for the GOOD old fashioned kits for the 92-96 body style, go for it and don't second guess it.

VIS Racing / Velocity

V-Speed

^These two would probably fit the cleanest with 97+ as their design is just a simple rear lip.

J-Magic rear lip

As you can see. J-Magic has that outward flare towards the wheel well. OVERALL the JIC MAGIC / J-Magic have that round-to-squared-off bottom that looks great with the whole kit.

I'll keep looking, and doing more research for the both of us. I've got a pair of rare side skirts for 92-96, and I'm looking for a rear lip/bumper to go with it. I've a vertex rear bumper. I'm just not a fan of how it's 97+ styled. So we'll see what I'll find. Until then I'll be rocking paint matched OEM mud flaps.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Tret; 05-17-13 at 04:43 PM. Reason: *Fixed some text/code
Old 05-17-13, 04:46 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I have a 97 bumper, but I can only imagine it would be worse on a 95 rear. Though it would follow the body line on a 95, I can't imagine that the contact from lip to bumper would be any better.
Mr. Tabka, I appreciate your feedback (as always). But If you bought their latest rear lip for about 380. I believe that was for the 92-96 ones. There was a bunch of complaining in their thread when they were first making it. About how people would have to "Downgrade" their 97+ bumper just to get this one if they made it for 92-96.
Old 05-17-13, 05:18 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Tret
Mr. Tabka, I appreciate your feedback (as always). But If you bought their latest rear lip for about 380. I believe that was for the 92-96 ones. There was a bunch of complaining in their thread when they were first making it. About how people would have to "Downgrade" their 97+ bumper just to get this one if they made it for 92-96.
They were sold as being for both applications. 1 lip that would fit all years.
Old 05-17-13, 05:22 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Thanks Halon. I guess he would be correct about the fitment then. lmao...
Old 05-17-13, 05:44 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Don't get a lip or the 97 rear if you plan to stick with 97 sides. Go straight for the shine bumper. It's $350+ shipping. It will be very close to matching your 97 sides. In fact, I believe it's just a hair above in measurement.

DO NOT GET THE RIDESKINS REAR LIP IT'S ABSOLUTE JUNK THAT DOESN'T FIT

You will hate yourself, hate your car, and hate America. You've done a good job of cleaning up and removing a crappy body kit from your car. Keep up the good work.
lol

Originally Posted by Halon
They were sold as being for both applications. 1 lip that would fit all years.
i think thats where the problem lies, no one could agree on what years to make the lip for, so they made a "one size fits all"
Old 05-17-13, 05:50 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Agreed with the second portion of what 1WILLU1 said.

There is no "Universal rear lip" for 92-2000
Hell, I even tried to install mud flaps on a 97+. NO GO Why would they market it as that without interchangeable/extra parts for different years?
Old 05-17-13, 06:29 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't get a lip or the 97 rear if you plan to stick with 97 sides. Go straight for the shine bumper. It's $350+ shipping. It will be very close to matching your 97 sides. In fact, I believe it's just a hair above in measurement.

DO NOT GET THE RIDESKINS REAR LIP IT'S ABSOLUTE JUNK THAT DOESN'T FIT

You will hate yourself, hate your car, and hate America. You've done a good job of cleaning up and removing a crappy body kit from your car. Keep up the good work.
I don't know how long it will last but i have an affinity for the stock 95' bumper with a Wise lip. I really like the 97+ but I want to start with the stock bumper for a bit (i have been deprived by this kit).
I have the 97+ sides already but I want to try Shine sides and a rear lip. I don't want to spend big money on any of my body pieces until i land on the look i want. My plan is to get parts i like, paint them and swap things out as I wish until i fall in love. I have a great body guy and I'm getting a good deal on the parts.
What do you hate about the rideskins so much. Every thread I have seen with one being fitted, it fit pretty well. Point me to bad ones if you have seen some please. If you know where i can get a nice rear lip that is inexpensive, let me know please.
EDIT: i had not seen the rest of the thread when i replied. I see what you did not like. Please elaborate if there is more (fitment issues).
Thanks,
SG

Last edited by Studiogeek; 05-17-13 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-17-13, 06:41 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

TRET!
DUDE, Thank you so much man!
I really appreciate your research and team spirit!

Thanks Again!
SG
Old 05-17-13, 07:32 PM
Tac1sc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, You beat me! I was gonna make the exact same thread but got lazy.lol I would be like many people here and go shine all the way if the front bumper was a lil flexible and wont crack into pieces when I scrape driving around LA like the oem ones. The 97 front/rear bumper in my opinion is as dull as 92-96 ones without any lip so I decided to stick with I have (92 with 400 lip) and went junkyard hunting for 97 sides which I scored for cheap. We dont have to be like everybody else here, 97, vertex, a/c, shine. Lol
Old 05-17-13, 07:43 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tac1sc
Ahh, You beat me! I was gonna make the exact same thread but got lazy.lol I would be like many people here and go shine all the way if the front bumper was a lil flexible and wont crack into pieces when I scrape driving around LA like the oem ones. The 97 front/rear bumper in my opinion is as dull as 92-96 ones without any lip so I decided to stick with I have (92 with 400 lip) and went junkyard hunting for 97 sides which I scored for cheap. We dont have to be like everybody else here, 97, vertex, a/c, shine. Lol
You got pics yet? I'd love to see how it came out!
Old 05-17-13, 10:27 PM
Tac1sc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Needs paint

In need of rear lip
[IMG][/IMG]
Without sides
Old 05-18-13, 07:05 AM
Tret
Pole Position

Tac1sc - High five to another junk yard Dog. Luckily for me. The other SC was Renaissance red as well LOL

StudioGeek - Yeah man you can count on me. I'm a lover of 92-96 (especially 95-96, I converted my last SC into a fake 95-96 lol). A lot of people go 97+ which leaves usthat are, happy and wiling to work with what we have. In the dark about older kits and options. It's just sad.

Another downside is cost and source-ability. 97+ fits like a glove. Most of the older 92-96 kits do as well, and you'll notice there aren't knock offs everywhere like all these current kits built off 97+. BUT THERE IS HOPE! Keep up the search. Wise lip is probably the best and easiest to get for us.

But, one day... <3
Old 05-18-13, 08:23 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tret
Tac1sc - High five to another junk yard Dog. Luckily for me. The other SC was Renaissance red as well LOL

StudioGeek - Yeah man you can count on me. I'm a lover of 92-96 (especially 95-96, I converted my last SC into a fake 95-96 lol). A lot of people go 97+ which leaves usthat are, happy and wiling to work with what we have. In the dark about older kits and options. It's just sad.

Another downside is cost and source-ability. 97+ fits like a glove. Most of the older 92-96 kits do as well, and you'll notice there aren't knock offs everywhere like all these current kits built off 97+. BUT THERE IS HOPE! Keep up the search. Wise lip is probably the best and easiest to get for us.

But, one day... <3
Hey man, Whats that above? Looks like the fog is recessed. Thats not stock is it?

Quick Reply: Inexpensive Rear Lower Lip That matches 97+ Sides?