could have been worse

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-02, 06:29 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy could have been worse

Well, I was driving on this road

faster than normal traffic, but not too fast... i've went much faster before. when i hear a "poom" and my car starts going into a skid to my left. I try to correct, but the combination of inertia, gravel, possible wheel problem, and lack of tread (thank you dealership for such a good alignment ).

Old 12-24-02, 06:29 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy

Resulted in the above plus damage to my two front wheels. My brakes might also be damaged, not sure yet (they aren't sounding like they used to).

The driver side wheel wasn't too bad considering my little trip to the other side of traffic

Passenger side... well...

This used to be a little dent... weird that its at the same place... not sure if this is what caused it or if this was a resultant.
Old 12-24-02, 06:48 PM
AzLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How fast were you going? How did you lose control?

-Steve
Old 12-25-02, 03:28 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Ouch, are you insured?
Old 12-25-02, 04:30 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Ouch I am sorry to see that, atleast you are ok and there wasn't a big accident. Insurance hopefully will cover it!
Old 12-25-02, 06:11 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

yup the lil dent caused the big dent thats the way it works the area where the dent is will be weaker and more prone to be dented by potholes and curbs

hope your car is ok, hope no one was hurt!!
Old 12-25-02, 02:04 PM
Sooner
Pole Position

thats not the dealerships fault you crashed your car so please dont try to imply anything.you stated that you had some dents in a rim.that is childish to say this and i will not stand for it you crashed your car and you and only you did it.i am glad no one was hurt but people need to accept responsibilty for there own actions and not try to pass the buck to try to make them sound better
Old 12-25-02, 03:05 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Who are you, the judge? He was not trying to blame anyone.
Old 12-25-02, 03:40 PM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys,
I think it in the neighborhood of 40-45 mph at the time, not too sure. An Acura TL was behind me, so I'm glad I didn't get smacked by him.
I'm not sure if I want to deal with insurance, for the money they give me for the wheels, i'll probably end up paying 2-3x more in the next 3 years. I still need to check if I hit anything on the undercarriage, but I don't think I did.

Nick

Last edited by hellasboy; 12-25-02 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-25-02, 04:23 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wait, so if you lose a wheel/tire like that, then your car DOES veer off to one side, doesn't it...hellasboy, do you remember which way (left or right) your car first veered off to when your wheel popped?
Old 12-25-02, 04:37 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default that sux!!

Man,...hate to see that,...bent rim and all, and sure that was a scary feat to roll thru,...but you're still around, and as you said, could'a been worse.

Be sure to have all your suspension checked,... the struts/shox could have been busted from the jolt,...and will be probably ruined, the control arms probably need lookin' at too,...my roomate ran into a curb and bent somethin' on his control arm linkage, and his wheel literally was rollin/draggin' at a 45 degree angle inward of the car,.... he had to get that replaced just so he could get his junk realigned.

Peace and good luck with the R&R on tha coupe!

N-A-Z-T-Y 97 (normally azpirated, the year 97)
Old 12-25-02, 04:58 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Hellasboy,

I think you may have suspension/control arm damage that you may not be aware of....please have it checked. That curb will cause some damage.

As for insurance, you better have a close look at your tire tread depth as if you try to claim this...and have worn tires. No go, and you may be up for some tickets as well. Worn tires are worn tires no matter who to blame you are resp for driving a veh on the roads that has good tires. So many accidents are not accidents and just lack of proper veh maint. If you have a dented rim, fix it..if your tires are worn replace them....if you drive in the mountains in the winter you better have some good winter spec Blizzaks or something.

Hope you dont have to claim anything on insurance and too bad for all the damage. Those are pricey rims, arent they?
Old 12-25-02, 05:53 PM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

If you want to claim your insurance for the damage on your car, you might as well have a doctor check you out for soft tissue damage on yourself... insurance rate is going to go up no matter what...
Old 12-25-02, 08:12 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

SC4,

Yep, I would have to agree. The rate will go up with any claim. Geez, god knows we pay enough already in Colorado.
Old 12-25-02, 08:27 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

NICK!!!. this is the first time i've seen pics of your car man. nice rims. but i'm really sorry this has happened. just keep your head up. only a few more days until the new year. at least it didn'thappen in the new year. try not to think aobut it too much. material things can be replaced. but your life cannot. i'm glad your ok. keep us up to date.
John aka. 24hourfitness adict. lol thanks again bro

Quick Reply: could have been worse