Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aftermarket Climate Control (Popformance LXCC for 92-00 SC/Soarer)

Old 08-24-16, 04:43 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HankAaron
Read through the whole thread and really love this product. I was a bit bummed when I went to try and buy one and they said they were sold out. Well, I emailed them asking if they planned on making another batch, and turns out I'm not the only one asking. There is a group buy going on right now for 50 more of these. I already have mine reserved. Cant wait because the screen on my current one is going out.
Link to the group buy?
Old 08-24-16, 04:59 PM
HankAaron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ar3
Link to the group buy?
http://www.popformance.com/lxcc_gb/
Old 08-24-16, 05:44 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HankAaron
Thanks I'll get on the list as well
Old 08-25-16, 01:05 PM
YotaSC400
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So cool, wish I could afford to purchase one but it doesn't fit the budget right now.
Old 08-25-16, 03:21 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still waiting for a cleaner UI and some additional functionality. For me, stock SC setup (with alternate colored LEDs) suits the car better.
Old 08-25-16, 03:54 PM
HankAaron
Driver School Candidate

I think it fits great when you have a full touch screen head unit as well. And for the price of fixing my stock steup, this is a good deal for me. Cant wait to see it all together. New shift boot, handbrake boot, arm rest. shift **** and steering wheel all going in at the same time.
Old 08-25-16, 07:47 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Great to see that Patrick is offering more units. I have really enjoyed having one installed and it does upgrade the interior look and feel to a more modern appearance. He has done well in standing behind his products and my experience was positive when my first run unit had an issue which he fixed right away.

Good luck to the group of 50 who will get to add this mod to their SC......

Name:  SC300209.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  91.0 KB

Last edited by Duck05; 08-25-16 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-10-16, 08:15 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Just 2 days left on the group buy. How many of the members here are taking advantage of the group buy?
Old 09-10-16, 01:40 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Whoa... only two days now? Here's hoping they've had a good turnout!

I have been waiting to reinstall the one I bought from the original production run. I just need to finally switch from my factory Pioneer stereo (an aftermarket stereo is best with the LXCC controller) and route my electrical harness for those eight gauge inputs through the firewall.

I've been meaning to contact Patrick about the boost controller add-on function progress as well. We went into it at some length previously and since he's already been selling a stand alone boost controller I imagine he's planned to integrate some version of that unit soon with perhaps different settings.

I gave him some feedback regarding the G-meter function menu and I'm hoping he'll try some version of that in the coming months as well. Pretty simple suggestions mostly wishing to allow the system to hold onto G-meter data that a car has triggered and show it visually after slowing down or having come to a stop to review, save, data log, etc. It was mostly meant as a fun function by his intention originally since it wasn't difficult to include the sensor(s) on the logic board. After using it I suggested it could be set up a bit like the simple G-meter function in the R34 Skyline GT-R or similar early 2000's production cars. He'd said to me that he was open to suggestions and feedback from his customers on how to revise (within reason) menu functions via new firmware updates in the future so I offered

I did the same in suggesting that one of the eight gauge inputs could be repurposed via menu toggle for an outside temperature gauge and he did this, even going so far as to design his own outside temperature gauge sensor! He programmed it so that the sensor's input would display on one of the main menu screens with the date and time rather than one of the eight virtual gauge input "dials". This should be an option for anyone who's a current or prospective LXCC owner even if it's not explicitly listed on the LXCC main pages. I'd just ask Patrick directly if anyone is interested.

That's the cool thing about this unit. Within reason its firmware can be tweaked a bit to improve what it does already.

I imagine he's got his hands full between this group buy production run and his regular work so here's hoping!

Last edited by KahnBB6; 09-10-16 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-12-16, 10:08 AM
BrokeEF
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm on on the group buy, and cant wait to get mine! I think this with a double din screen really update the look of the interior. I also just shot Patrick a message about the outside air temp thanks to this thread.

Sean
Old 09-18-16, 11:02 AM
reydio
Driver School Candidate

Wow! this is really nice. Thinking of purchasing an SC300, just need to make a deal with the dealer. Hopefully I can get it by the end of the month.
Old 09-20-16, 11:06 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a brand new never used LXCC climate control for sale if anyone is interested. $350 shipped- pm if so
Old 09-21-16, 08:14 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Sold!
Old 07-23-17, 02:37 PM
BlueJ
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Popformance CC Unit Install, Help Needed, PICS INCLUDED

Just recently purchased this popformance climate control unit, and it cam put together and all that's left for me is to plug in the original harness in the new unit, however could someone please point me in the right direction as to how to connect these last four wires pictured below; btw, install is being done on a 92 SC400....
Here are the popformance instructions, page 2 mentions the four wires I'm having trouble with
The four wires I need help with

QuickInstallationGuide.pdf
Old 07-24-17, 08:46 AM
BlueJ
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BUMp....
Just need help on where to splice these four wires...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket Climate Control (Popformance LXCC for 92-00 SC/Soarer)