Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Aftermarket Climate Control (Popformance LXCC for 92-00 SC/Soarer)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 07:19 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered mine from Patrick on the 11th and will it will be delivered by this Friday. Looking forward to having it installed.
Old 04-21-14, 09:05 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

What's the price for these now? Still 300?
Old 04-21-14, 09:13 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oldManTan
What's the price for these now? Still 300?
I wish these things were still $300. They are now $428 + shipping.
Old 04-22-14, 11:30 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good, methinks. And I'm digging that people are still making aftermarket parts for our cars.

$428 is a little hard to swallow, but not a huge deal in the long run. It breathes life back into our cars.

One mans opinion, anyways.
Old 04-22-14, 11:25 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

$428 isn't bad considering what Lexus MSRP is for the antiquated stock HVAC electronics with less modern features-- assuming they even stock them any longer. It's a chunk of cash to be sure but at least this guy has even made a great modern and programmable design available.

I'll be putting in my order in a month or two. Given that Apple's CarPlay isn't available yet in any aftermarket double-din stereo units I'd probably opt for one of these first and throw some support to an SC parts manufacturer.
Old 04-23-14, 01:20 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely, Kahn. I'd rather support a local genius than those snooty retards at the Apple Store.

I might add one myself I the summer. I'm waiting to see what the ownership feedback is... and some extra $$$, of course.
Old 04-24-14, 01:09 AM
KahnBB6

I agree-- I don't mind a bit supporting this guy's handiwork since it seems to have a lot of features and versatility. And it looks clean, simple and modern in the dash. The virtual gauge feature is a big interest of mine.

I like a lot of what comes from the engineers in Cupertino. Not so much a fan of the "genius bar" and the hindrance of not being allowed to think outside of the standard policy parameters that dictate planned obsolescence.

Anyway, it would be Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, Panasonic, Nakamichi and other brands who would sell you a stereo deck running the Apple Carplay OS, not Apple themselves.

I have been looking at reviews and menu screens for the Kenwood DNN770HD since it uses a Garmin OS port for its navigation. It's almost too full featured and colorful. Another thing I like about the GUI design on this HVAC unit: from the few videos it looks simple and to the point while, as the designer stated, retaining some semblance of the original layout of the LCD shapes.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 12-01-15 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Grammatical correction.
Old 07-06-14, 08:47 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how are these units holding up a few months in?
Any thoughts for those of you who have one installed? Positive, negative?
I'm thinking of buying one with friday's paycheck, just want to make sure before I go through with it.
Old 07-07-14, 06:27 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eknine9
So how are these units holding up a few months in?
Any thoughts for those of you who have one installed? Positive, negative?
I'm thinking of buying one with friday's paycheck, just want to make sure before I go through with it.
So far this item has been amazing! I love the product and highly recommend it. I have zero issues with it.
Old 07-07-14, 07:46 AM
Murco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
So far this item has been amazing! I love the product and highly recommend it. I have zero issues with it.
Very good to hear! I will be getting one soon, after I recover from spending $2000 on my front suspension! Grrrr
Old 07-07-14, 03:40 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I was part of the 1st group buy. My unit will freeze on the Lexus boot screen maybe 30% of the time. They told me it may be a firmware issue and to update it to the latest version. They admitted some of the units were rushed out and some weren't updated. Problem is it still does it with the latest firmware. It's not the biggest deal though I just have to restart the car. But for paying that kind of money it should work flawlessly imo. They told me it sounds like an isolated incident because i'm the only one who has complained about that after updating. Lame
Old 07-07-14, 04:49 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Durrby
I was part of the 1st group buy. My unit will freeze on the Lexus boot screen maybe 30% of the time. They told me it may be a firmware issue and to update it to the latest version. They admitted some of the units were rushed out and some weren't updated. Problem is it still does it with the latest firmware. It's not the biggest deal though I just have to restart the car. But for paying that kind of money it should work flawlessly imo. They told me it sounds like an isolated incident because i'm the only one who has complained about that after updating. Lame
That's too bad, are they willing to replace it, or are you stuck with that unit?
Old 07-08-14, 04:54 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by eknine9
That's too bad, are they willing to replace it, or are you stuck with that unit?
Never tried to get a replacement nor did they offer one...
Old 07-08-14, 07:42 PM
KahnBB6

Originally Posted by Durrby
Never tried to get a replacement nor did they offer one...
You should ask them for one, or at least to inspect and repair the one they sent you. It's a new product and there may be a couple of glitchy ones in their first batch. They should stand behind it if you can send it in.

If for some reason they won't honor an inspection/repair/replacement.... then that's another story.
Old 07-08-14, 09:50 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
If for some reason they won't honor an inspection/repair/replacement.... then that's another story.
Also if they don't want to do that I'd like to hear about it since I intend on dropping part of my paycheck on it in 2-3 days.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Climate Control (Popformance LXCC for 92-00 SC/Soarer)