SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Locks

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-13, 08:37 AM
Volume123
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locks

Hey guys, I just recently purchased my sc300 and I am fixing all of the little problems. First of all the Locks on it work as I can hear them unlock and lock, BUT the actual little moving piece above the handles on the inside do not move back and forth all of the time. Sometimes they work, other times they just simply get stuck... What is the fix for this? I tried just to use lube and it seemed to help a little but still not working as well as I want them to, as I need them to work every time so I don't accidentally leave my car unlocked...

One other thing, the steering wheel, I searched this but I can't seem to find someone with my problem as everyones electric adjuster steering wheels just are off the track while mine doesnt even seem to make any sound at all. Honestly I dont even really care about the motor inside of it, if their isn't one I'm not even sure, but I really need to move it to the position of what I'm confortable with because right now it's literally unsafe in the position it is in... is their any way I can manually move it or is it possible that a fuse is blown or something just isn't plugged in? My horn on my wheel also does not work, I can feel the button, but it doesn't make any sound while I know my horn does work since the horn goes off when my alarm is triggered... maybe these two things are the same fuse or plug?

Thanks for any help guys..
Old 03-16-13, 04:12 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would venture to guess that your rods connecting to the lock are possibly stuck. Lubing it may help but I would take off the door panel and investigate further. Once its off, lock and unlock the door to see if there is a problem.

As for the steering wheel, I would check your fuse panels and see if anything is missing or blown. Especially since yours makes no noise nor the horn works. That's probably your best bet. Maybe someone who's come across this can help or you're on your own. Pm me if you need any help finding anything out. I'll go outside and check it for you. Welcome to the Club, by the way.
Old 03-18-13, 09:58 AM
Volume123
Driver

well which ones would actually be for the steering wheel? None look blown but my kick panel fuse box is missing/has the wrong fuses in some slots lol... so I really hope that is the problem.. is there a fuse that is for the horn/steering wheel? Would make sense...
Old 03-18-13, 10:21 AM
Volume123
Driver

I mean i've always used this page to look at fuses https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...picture-2.html but honestly i have no idea what the electronic steering wheel would be called, there are "preset steering" and fuses like that but not only are there 3 , all i want to do is adjust the steering wheel lol and I highly doubt it just doesnt have a motor in it so leads me to believe it is a fuse since it isn't even making a sound. Which fuses or relays would need to be checked? I've searched for days and noone seems to have had this problem, leads me to believe there isn't even a fuse?! I hope that's not the case...
Old 03-25-13, 09:23 AM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get this fixed? I wonder whether, if you can't find any blown fuses, if someone has jacked up a power or ground wire for it... I've seen it happen. Did you check the steering wheel fuse circuits?
Old 03-26-13, 06:35 PM
Volume123
Driver

I did not get it fixed and I am not aware of where the wheel fuse circuits are as I just recently purchased the car and have had barely any time to get acquainted. As for the steering wheel, I did take it apart the other day and found to be missing the tilt motor, Although everything else looks to be in tact and in there, I am not 100 percent positive that the telescopic motor is even in there, I posted pictures in another thread if you want to search my recent opened threads specifically on that subject, maybe you could help !