SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2000 Toyota Soarer

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 04:25 PM
Ashtrail
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Toyota Soarer

G'day guys, I'm a relatively new Soarer, or at least new to the modding and improvement side of things. I bought this Soarer about a year ago, 226 000 Km on the odo, owned it for about 6 months where it basically sat at my house until I got my licence (P licence in Australia)
Been driving it since about halfway through last year with no major issues, simple engine problems have been fixed and maintained by me and my mechanic mate.
Alas, he can not help me with the Soarer specific side of things, which is where I'm hoping a lot of people on this site can
So yeah, this is my Soarer, this is more an introductory thread than anything else, but feel free to give suggestions if you wish.
Only modifications I've done so far are the rims, was in desperate need of new tyres and was wanting bigger rims, Bob Jane had a deal on these with tyres so I couldn't say no , think they flow well with the care nonetheless though, could just be my joy in having brand new rims 2 inches bigger haha.
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Toyota Soarer-20130118_150514-copy.jpg  
Old 01-22-13, 04:38 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Cool. Color is nice.
Old 01-22-13, 04:45 PM
Ashtrail
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Cool. Color is nice.
I do quite like it myself, always a good conversation between people trying to decide if it's blue or purple too haha
Paints fading a little in certain areas, various scuff marks and scratches from previous owners, I'm hoping these won't be too hard to fix though.
They bloke who sold me the car said there were only three this colour in Australia, it doesn't seem to be the most common colour but that claim did seem a bit far fetched, can anybody lend any validity to this?
Old 01-22-13, 04:50 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is RSP then yes it is a very rare color, even here in the United States. I don't know about the numbers in Australia, some SC expert will chime in here shortly.

Nice car, people always trying to figure out if my car blue or purple as well
Old 01-22-13, 05:29 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's just my opinion, but I would ditch the wheels. The offsets are pretty poor and the rim design is questionable on this type of car.

However, the blue is epic. Easily my favorite color for the JZZ30s!
Old 01-22-13, 05:33 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice Soarer, congrats
Old 01-22-13, 05:37 PM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet looking, really like the color. I'd get rid of those wheels though.

What other plans or mods you have for this beaut?
Old 01-22-13, 07:07 PM
Ashtrail
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
If that is RSP then yes it is a very rare color, even here in the United States. I don't know about the numbers in Australia, some SC expert will chime in here shortly.

Nice car, people always trying to figure out if my car blue or purple as well
Did some quick research at work and it seems that the Soarers and SC300's were released with different colour code options. Most of the information I found was about the SC's and they seemed pretty adamant there was never a blue for the SC's but the Soarers were released with this colour, Royal Blue Mica I think it was called?

Probably won't keep the rims forever since I've already had 2 negative reviews haha, they're definitely an improvement over the ones it came with though so maybe a replacement is in order when I've got a bit more cash flow, apprentice wages in Aus are far from plentiful.
Glad people like the colour though, haven't seen another one in person this colour so I wasn't sure if it was appreciated or disliked haha

For now I want to improve the performance as much as I can, but am extremely limited due the the P plate restrictions in QLD, next mod will probably be extractors and a custom exhaust system, or is that unadvisable if I eventually want to go turbo? I'm a bit new to this game as this is my first car and first that I have/will work on.
Aesthetically I would love to redo the interior black and a new sound system would be lovely too.
Old 01-23-13, 08:02 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ashtrail
next mod will probably be extractors and a custom exhaust system, or is that unadvisable if I eventually want to go turbo? I'm a bit new to this game as this is my first car and first that I have/will work on.
is this not a 1j? if ur getting a new exhaust of course its advisable if your going turbo. you'll just need to modify a few things for it to work on a turbo set up
Old 01-23-13, 04:53 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

2000 Soarer , very cool, color is great too
Old 01-23-13, 05:52 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Soarer, I love the color!

Agree with everyone else and ditch the rims. If the cash flow is tight buy some OEM TT Supra wheels to help update the look a bit.

I'm really interested in seeing some more pics of this car. Inside, outside, and engine bay.
Old 01-23-13, 06:06 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Nice car, awful wheels. They must go.