SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ExtremeDimensions Duraflex VSpeed bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 11:36 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ExtremeDimensions Duraflex VSpeed bodykit

so i orderd a body kit from---> http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/1992...-p-275664.html <--- not the exact sight but same kit so fist off it took forever to get here and a lot of problems on the way the distrubuter didnt contact me ect.. full post about what happend https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...impressed.html so the kit finaly arrived and in good condition no cracks any thing too bad just some scratches in the gel coating nothing big but then i went to test fit the side skirts and rear valance both side skirts and rear valance where about a inch off on both sides ??? but could be fixed with some sanding and dremaling but then the front bumper i put it on and where the front bumper butts up around the fender (for that clean wheel well look) is like 2 inches off and and where your soposta mount the bumber wont reach and where the 5 screws that hold the wether strip and the top of the bumper isnt even wide enough to get all the bolts through like what the FU*K come on i understand being a little bigger and needing shaveing but its like what the hell did you guys use to mold this kit? because my buddy got a kit from you for a 240sx and it was cheeper than mine and it just fit right on no gaps ect what the hell? i know rep kits need work but this is beyond work. I will post pictures of the kit on my car and the fittment issues tomorrow after school its pouring rain right now so...
Old 01-07-13, 11:43 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

2" off is bad.they give you the right kit?
Old 01-07-13, 11:48 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

this is the picture of "there kit" witch does not fit any where neer like that? the yellow spots are the fittment issus side skirts are about an inch off on both sides valance is about and inch and the bumper to the fender is like 2" its bad
Attached Thumbnails ExtremeDimensions Duraflex VSpeed bodykit-92_sc300vspeedside.jpg  
Old 01-07-13, 11:48 AM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

yes jadu i dont know whats wrong with that kit but its fittment is **** i have lernd my lesson with buying cheep crap
Old 01-07-13, 05:36 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

yea man when i first joined here I used to contemplate if buying a cheap kit is worth while, but I know now that it is not an option anymore, if I were you I would return the kit or sell it to someone and then just buy a used 97 + kit you wont have ANY fitment issues and it looks really good too.

You can bguy one used for under a grand and most times you only need the sides and rear anyways, keeping it OEM will raise the value of your car and not kill it like having a knock off kit on with loads of bondo and body work to get it to work.
Old 01-07-13, 09:28 PM
need2boost
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from my experience...if you want cheap kit.... go with AIT, they fit a whole lot better than extreme dimension!
Old 01-08-13, 07:12 AM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

Dude I know what you are talking about the molds they are using must be really old or the kits have been on a shelf for a long time. I have the same kit you do and everything is taking twice as long to kit than it should the rear bumper took 3 hours and is still not right. my right side skirt was to short so it had to be modified and the same with the front fenders. I have yet to get to the front bumper yet but looking at it it looks like it will be way to wide and twisted.
Old 01-08-13, 07:48 AM
need2boost
Pole Position

My old ait front bumper fit almost perfectly, but the side skirts didnt fit too well, rear lip fits fine!

I had some extreme dimension stuff later on, and they didnt fit worth a damn!
Old 01-08-13, 08:27 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

2jznoshizz do you still have the original factory steel crash bar on the car while trying to fit the front bumper?
Old 01-08-13, 11:01 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a rep rear and sides, fit great. The hard part to get to fit like a glove is the front. So i went with an authentic vertex front, not a single problem, fits almost good as oem. The driver high beam is like 1/8 off but other than that its all good and used all oem hardware!
Old 01-08-13, 12:09 PM
cashed350
Rookie

Origin is good as well, fits perfectly.
Old 01-08-13, 12:49 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

well glad i saw this pop up since i was going to order the vspeed kit for my track car this weekend. **** that if its as bad as you say it is.
Old 01-08-13, 01:20 PM
sc400ka
Pole Position

before the bashing continues on extreme dimension. has anyone called to see if they want to fix this issue? also molds go bad from time to time. i know they do on some of the locomotive parts we make at my work. it just a matter of trowing the old mold away or fine tuning the one they have.
Old 01-08-13, 01:49 PM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

The reason they fit so bad is due to old and overused molds they have. You get such a good price on there kits because there not having to put any money into new molds and any r&d. The materials they use are ok tho. Wish someone made a polyfin or a polypropylene one that would be awesome I'd pay anything they ask for that.
Old 01-08-13, 01:50 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sc400ka
before the bashing continues on extreme dimension. has anyone called to see if they want to fix this issue? also molds go bad from time to time. i know they do on some of the locomotive parts we make at my work. it just a matter of trowing the old mold away or fine tuning the one they have.
ED Is pretty good with that or atleast from what ive seen on here and on zilvia with fixing what is messed up. they were willing to ship out another kit. but at the same time not everyone has that kind of time etc for there cars to sit around and wait while another "potentially terrible fitting" kit comes in. Then you have to deal with shipping it back and everything else. especially for those of you who dont do your own body work if your paying for someone to put on a kit that doesnt fit at all. then your sitting there spending even more money. at that point they shoudlve just coughed up the extra cash for a legit one. maybe some test chassis would help sold this issue for those of you that are local to ED

Quick Reply: ExtremeDimensions Duraflex VSpeed bodykit