SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My First Lexus(former honda owner)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 11:48 AM
JayJappyV8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400ka
another fellow honder buddy switching sides welcome sir. just as long as you dont use JDM as **** you should be ok. lol

your seats are better then mine. best of luck on the car the way you want it.
Naw bro I never been into the whole jdm BS, Im going to keep it clean and stance it out.

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
Nice pickup with that wald lip...
Thanks man. Hey what did you use to change the color of your panels?
Old 12-19-12, 11:54 AM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JayJappyV8
Thanks man. Hey what did you use to change the color of your panels?
I've used SEMS paint to do interior color changes. you have to prep the panels correctly though.

acura TL daily.. Civic autox car gsr swap soon to be h2b. I had a integra gsr 4dr before the LS400.
Old 12-19-12, 05:10 PM
JayJappyV8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dengman
I've used SEMS paint to do interior color changes. you have to prep the panels correctly though.

acura TL daily.. Civic autox car gsr swap soon to be h2b. I had a integra gsr 4dr before the LS400.
Ok that sounds good, yeah once I get the interior where I want it color change may be down the road. Your vehicle collection sound pretty dope. I am thinking about turning my teg into track car. I like road course driving.
Old 12-19-12, 06:20 PM
omglookSC
Rookie

Finally somebody I know personally on here lol. Can't wait to see what you do with this one. We need to find some more locals out here too lol hit me up when u wanna cruise
Old 12-20-12, 06:00 AM
FrshPrince
Rookie

Nice car man! I remember my seat looked like yours haha
Old 12-20-12, 07:24 AM
JayJappyV8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by omglookSC
Finally somebody I know personally on here lol. Can't wait to see what you do with this one. We need to find some more locals out here too lol hit me up when u wanna cruise
Yeah man once I get my car tuned up we need to hit the streets and find more SC drivers so we can all ride out.

Originally Posted by FrshPrince
Nice car man! I remember my seat looked like yours haha
Yeah man when I first saw the seat I smh, I asked the last owner if he had got attacked by a bear. Did you get new seat covers or did you replace the whole seat?
Old 12-21-12, 12:33 AM
Bertman
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL! Way to score on a WALD SC! What are your long term plans with this car? Thinking of modding the V8 or are you considering the 1JZ/2JZ route?
Old 12-21-12, 04:57 PM
JayJappyV8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bertman
Welcome to CL! Way to score on a WALD SC! What are your long term plans with this car? Thinking of modding the V8 or are you considering the 1JZ/2JZ route?
Thanks bro for the welcome. Well long term goals, to be honest is to bring it back to life drive it and enjoy her. Ive always wanted a chill low and slow car this is what she is. As time goes by and finances increase I'd like to put a supercharger on it may a vortech. What have you done to your V8 so far?
Old 12-22-12, 12:52 AM
Bertman
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks bro for the welcome. Well long term goals, to be honest is to bring it back to life drive it and enjoy her. Ive always wanted a chill low and slow car this is what she is. As time goes by and finances increase I'd like to put a supercharger on it may a vortech. What have you done to your V8 so far?
That's what a soarer is overall, a nice cool little cruiser. They have enough pep in stock form to be a good enjoyable car on the street, but there's always room for improvement. My vision for my car is to take advantage of the SC's rigid chassis. But I completely hear ya on bringing your car to life first. I'm on that same plan currently with my 400. I purchased my car in february of this year and have been doing nothing but playing catch up on maintenance that has been neglected by the previous owners. Among the things I've taken care of so far are:

- New set of Denso Oxygen Sensors
- New Spark Plugs and Plug wires
- New LCA Bushings
- Replaced stock front lip (bought car with it missing)
- New Alternator and Serpentine Belt
- New Thermostat & Housing
- Differential Fluid Change
- Replaced Broken Passenger Side interior door handle
- Repaired inoperable passenger side power window
- Replaced battery
- Replaced Trunk & Hood Struts

There are a few things I still need to take care of, like my bad #2 shift solenoid, replace the rack and sway bar bushings, and completely overhaul the brakes. Hopefully I'll be able to get to these items next month. Then from here on out I'll be able to begin modding once those items are taken care of. I'm thinking about starting with removing the stock Air Intake and going with the BFI setup a lot of the guys here on CL run. I was leaning on going the Injen intake route but many people have talked me out of it. The BFI is much cheaper and it is proven to outperform the Injen setup. I also want to completely replace my exhaust. I bought the car with nasty exhaust cans that are so gross they qualify me to be featured on the fail thread. Long term mods include engine teardown, Port & Polish heads, and upgrade Rods, Crank, injectors, fuel pump, and cams. I'm also going with the gixxer drew suspension set up because it offers great flexibility and is track proven, which is where I'll be using my car most of the time. I'd like to keep the setup open to future F/I. A friend of mine owns a 2003 SVT Cobra and once he goes Kenne Belle I'm taking his stock M112 Eaton blower, which works on the 1UZ. Of course with all of these upgrades I'll have to run a standalone ECU. I know some may flame me for going this route, but I'm upgrading the slushbox, upgrading to a Torsen LSD, and opting to run the Suprastick Transmission Controller.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of my car as I've only had it for almost close to a year. I still have a lot more to learn. That being said if there is anything you need help on don't hesitate to post on here or PM me or some of the guys. We're all open to lending a hand!

Now post more pics of the beast and keep us updated on your progress!
Old 12-22-12, 08:18 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

I'm gonna chime in, what you just described is one helluva undertaking. I just did something similar with my 92 and its not quite finished, (need to mount wheels, exhaust baffles, and new front seats) but in the end it will be north of 7,000. Pictures to be expected by February for all to see.

Take it from me tho... I've had the car for over 10 years and the unity I feel for this machine is unsurpassed.

What’s going on CL, I am new here and I must say I love every moment I spend on this site. I picked up this beauty a couple of months ago 1992 SC 400(front end converted), and had it sitting in the driveway for three months while getting registration and the title straight and now that she is legal I just started driving Monica. This is my first V8 and RWD vehicle , which by way it runs pretty decent and strong just needs a tune up and maybe some Trans work. Anyway when I first got her, it was nasty on the inside the previous owner didn’t keep up the inside of the car and let it go down. Before I do any mods I am going to focus on getting my car running like a Lexus should then redo the interior and then last the exterior will be taken care of. I am excited about this build and will be an ongoing build that I will update with lots of pictures. Any advice is welcomed and you can be honest. Oh also I want to convert to black interior however If I can’t find everything I wouldn’t mind staying with the tan color. I also posted a picture of my daily as well.

1 Full tune up, with all new fluids
2 Replacing worn bushing, Motor mounts, and Trans mount
3 Replacing driver’s door panel and window trim.
4 Fix driver side window regulator
5 Replace both interior door handles
6 Replace both driver and passenger seat covers and rear seat cover
7 Fix the gauge cluster needles

Mods: After Maintenance is complete
1 Megan EZ street coil overs
2 Wheels haven’t decided on, I would like to stay with 19's (19x10 all around)
3 Tint 20%
4 Rain guards
5 Upgrade all inside speakers, with 8" aftermarket sub and amp
6 New catback exhaust, intake and headers
7 Upgrade Headlights to 8k hid's
8 Convert fog light housing into working HID fog lights