Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-13, 02:47 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Thanks for the props. Like I said in the beginning, these lights aren't for everybody due to their very high prices.

Ryan
For sure man, i think they look great and one of a kind, congrats on getting these rare lights done.
Old 01-26-13, 06:10 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CityKnight
Im perfectly fine with my stock '97 taillights though, and I would NEEEVER pay $2500, for some "lights".
Thats an "engine" right there, or a turbo kit, or even a whole 'nuther car.
A lot of people are fine with stock 97 tails, thats why they all look exactly the same. And great info that you would "NEEEVER" pay that much for lights but this is not your SC or your thread. Thats correct that you can find a 2JZ GTE, the engine I assume your talking about, for $2500 or a partial turbo kit. And then you will spend another $8k on top of that doing the swap correctly. So I'm not really sure what that has to do with lights.

Anyways back on topic, the lights turned out pretty clean. I do like them better with the smoked finish. They kinda remind me of the old school JDM tails that were all clear.
Old 01-26-13, 06:46 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

The tail lights turned out amazing. When you have that kind of vision, thought process, and the skills to make it a reality, the end result always looks amazing. Looks like all the hard work really paid off. Can't wait to see a picture on the car.
Old 01-26-13, 09:06 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
... more likely it is the reason why your SC looks like crap compared to people who really adore and spend blood sweat and tears to their beloved SC's.
Im one of them; and mine doesn't look like crap at all.
Sure, it's not Kohinoor's SC, but I haven't even had it for a year yet.
Old 01-26-13, 10:36 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

..........on the SC forums would not buy them, plus, before I could even finish posting up, O. L. T> posted up his comments about the very high price tag of them.
Yeah I don't think so.

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
If people knew what Clearcorners charged for them they would just turn away their eyes before they fall in love. They are a nice clean look and done right, but they are the VIP of the JDM in C-A-S-H.

They've got it down right and done right.
I told everyone else not to fall in love with them because they couldn't afford them...... and that they were done right. That's the price of perfection. Others are pissing and moaning about the price of them, which is exactly why I told them that cause it was obvious what was coming. I'm pretty sure I don't have to whip out a pie chart and explain this.
Old 01-28-13, 07:35 AM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those tails look awesome, cant wait to see them on the car in both day and night time
Old 01-28-13, 09:52 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Yeah I don't think so.

I told everyone else not to fall in love with them because they couldn't afford them...... and that they were done right. That's the price of perfection. Others are pissing and moaning about the price of them, which is exactly why I told them that cause it was obvious what was coming. I'm pretty sure I don't have to whip out a pie chart and explain this.
Brian, I am not sure I understand your latest reply...What you just stated is what I stated in my original post regarding you...

I agree with everything you wrote both then and now...

Ryan
Old 02-05-13, 03:42 PM
SCYAL8R
Rookie

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Still with the too expensive comments? Okay, I'm gonna be at the borderline of being rude while criticizing, so please, excuse me. If you think it's too expensive why get a Lexus? Lexus is expensive? Dont give me that 'dude its a 20 year old car and sells for $2k on craigslist or even less', newsflash dude, more likely it is the reason why your SC looks like crap compared to people who really adore and spend blood sweat and tears to their beloved SC's. If you can't afford it, good news bro, you're not their target market. I really expect more from Club Lexus forum members than 'dude that's expensive'. Get a Hyundai bro, if you want the ballin' while in a major budget look since they try to compare themselves to Lexus. Lol

Edit: it looks really top notch and almost OEM. Looking forward to seeing it on the car. Good luck with the build. Don't forget to update us on the SC430 front seats too, Ryan.
And someone wanted to tell me that the old timers who dump tons of money into their cars aren't arrogant.

"your sc looks like crap"

"you can't afford it"

"get a hyundai bro"

I think the lights look awesome personally, but let's not pretend like there's not a ton of arrogance being thrown around here.
Old 02-05-13, 04:59 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I say it is up to the owner to decide what and how he spends their own money. Sounds like to me a bunch of haters who cant afford the mod, or they too would prolly do it as well. I cant stand when people knock others for their own mods and criticize them for the cost. As long as the owner likes it, should you have the right to tell someone how to mod their car? Or vise versa?

Thats what I thought, no one should tell others what and how they should spend thier own money on their own car. Ryan, the tails looks amazing, bottom line. I like and if I could afford them, I would. For now, I will rock the VHT painted tails from my 1992 for now.
Old 02-05-13, 05:07 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

The lights look amazing! The only thing dont like about it is the complete bottom portion of the tail lights being the signal, but thats just me. If I were able to afford it i would rock the crap out of them. Your car and build has always been quality and it shows!
Old 02-05-13, 05:49 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loving the way to push the envelope! Its people like you that keeps pushing the 1 generation SC to new levels..
Old 03-24-13, 09:07 PM
gldndrgn14
Pole Position

Originally Posted by moosejaw2
Are clear corners DOT compliant?
I ask because we had a member on the RX7 club selling modified LED tails that look very good
Unfortunately it did not turn out well for him. An unhappy customer (who isa good freind of mine) made things quite difficult for that person. I cant recall the exact details but in the end after a letter from the NHTSA, the lights were not made anymore.
It wasn't a bad price for a $420 upgrade. The turn around time was extremely long however.

So are you saying your friend screwed him for quality work?

And i dont see why those arent dot compliant as the reflectors are on the bumper and 1/4 panels. .
Old 03-25-13, 11:35 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SCYAL8R
And someone wanted to tell me that the old timers who dump tons of money into their cars aren't arrogant.

"your sc looks like crap"

"you can't afford it"

"get a hyundai bro"

I think the lights look awesome personally, but let's not pretend like there's not a ton of arrogance being thrown around here.
I may be an OP, but I never made those statements!! I do post up my work and I take pride in my car, my vision of my car and my results, but I do not throw around arrogance...

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I say it is up to the owner to decide what and how he spends their own money. Sounds like to me a bunch of haters who cant afford the mod, or they too would prolly do it as well. I cant stand when people knock others for their own mods and criticize them for the cost. As long as the owner likes it, should you have the right to tell someone how to mod their car? Or vise versa?

Thats what I thought, no one should tell others what and how they should spend thier own money on their own car. Ryan, the tails looks amazing, bottom line. I like and if I could afford them, I would. For now, I will rock the VHT painted tails from my 1992 for now.
Thanks, this is why I hate to discuss price, and when members ask, I so hesitate to state as this seems to be such a point of contention between members...

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
The lights look amazing! The only thing dont like about it is the complete bottom portion of the tail lights being the signal, but thats just me. If I were able to afford it i would rock the crap out of them. Your car and build has always been quality and it shows!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by One HoT
Loving the way to push the envelope! Its people like you that keeps pushing the 1 generation SC to new levels..
Thanks again!

Originally Posted by gldndrgn14
So are you saying your friend screwed him for quality work?

And i dont see why those arent dot compliant as the reflectors are on the bumper and 1/4 panels. .
???

Ryan
Old 03-27-13, 04:01 PM
gldndrgn14
Pole Position

???

Ryan
in reply to the rx7 lights posted by moosejaw, as the rear and side reflectors are on the bumper and 1/4 panel making it dot compliant, and he stated the fabricator made good lights but turn around time was long and his friend made it difficult for him because he was an unhappy customer.

no disrespect to you moosejaw, but a story like that would be nice to know a little more in depth or it just seems like your friend is a shady ******* trying to get one over on somebody offering a service that he normally does for a hobby.
Old 03-27-13, 04:33 PM
SCYAL8R
Rookie

Those RX tails are so sexy. Love them

Quick Reply: 97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way