SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pulled over by the police in the SC?

Old 11-14-12, 10:30 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got pulled over for apparently bring too low, but once measured i was good. Then he tells me i have a modified exhaust, but ends up giving me a ticket for not having proof of insurance. I asked him if they have that type of info in their system and he told me no. He asked me to choose if i would prefer a fix it ticket or to go to the court house and show proof of insurance. I took the insurance ticket and was glad i didnt get a fix it ticket.
Old 11-15-12, 06:31 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Got pulled over for apparently bring too low, but once measured i was good. Then he tells me i have a modified exhaust, but ends up giving me a ticket for not having proof of insurance. I asked him if they have that type of info in their system and he told me no. He asked me to choose if i would prefer a fix it ticket or to go to the court house and show proof of insurance. I took the insurance ticket and was glad i didnt get a fix it ticket.
You should have bought that cop a box of donuts for letting you off that easy
Old 11-15-12, 07:08 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I dont think Alabama has a law for being too low, if they do, I have never heard of it...
Old 11-12-13, 09:35 PM
kaban1993
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

LOL this is me almost every weekend. Im from Illinois so I need to have a front plate. NO WAY am I putting one on, so I suffer but its so worth it.
Old 11-13-13, 05:22 AM
mecheng10
Lead Lap

so this is what happened to me this morning on my way to work

cop comes flying up behind me stops to match my speed. I was going 74 in a 70 not a big deal I thought
he then passes me pulls over on the side of the road and then proceeds to follow me again.
that happened for 30 miles...
well I never got a ticket, but sometimes cops are just *******s.
cops are just bullies, because they can break the law and not get in trouble but they are on the hunt to try to get you into trouble.
Old 11-13-13, 05:53 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to get pulled over every other week in my Z33! So far the SC and my old S14 were invisible and they were both highly modified with engine swaps and 3" exhaust setups..
Old 11-13-13, 07:13 AM
Murco
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it makes you younger guys feel better, I'm the whitest cracker in town, 47, joe middle class all the way, and I get pulled over too! The last one was for riding the cops ***, he was going 47 in a 55... You'd think I'd committed a felony the way he acted but he cooled his jets when I handed him my CWP! I had a sign shop make me a decal that said "All interaction with driver is recorded on digital video" for the rear, driver's side window. It's only 3/4" tall and makes the point....
Old 11-13-13, 08:13 AM
94SupraTT
Driver School Candidate

A friend of mine and I both went out in our white Supras. Mine was stock as far as exterior goes his had a Blitz body kit, rims, lowered, 98 head/tail lights. Anyways the cop gave him a ticket for aftermarket "smoked" headlights. We both tried to explain to him they were newer headlights but he would not listen. I'm pretty sure my friend beat the ticket.
Old 11-13-13, 08:20 AM
Kyle1uz
Driver School Candidate

I got pulled over about 2 months ago for a "tint violation" We all have these little tiny marks on our windshields that Say "AS1" i have a tint strip across the front window and it was barley On the AS1 Line. I was driving like 35 when i got pulled over for this, i got a 163 dollar ticket. He also told me I can't drive with my fog lights on. I told him to have good night when he left he responded by saying "I'm not that kind of person A-hole"

Last edited by Kyle1uz; 11-13-13 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-13-13, 09:06 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently got pulled over by two bike cops for a tinted license plate cover. They proceeded to measure my tint percentage and exhaust tone. In total, I received three tickets equaling $175.00! It wasn't a fun discussion with my wife. Keep in mine I'm 34 years old, beginning to grey, and I'm wearing a suit and tie. Maybe I'm too old for this stuff lol.
Old 11-13-13, 09:20 AM
Kyle1uz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I recently got pulled over by two bike cops for a tinted license plate cover. They proceeded to measure my tint percentage and exhaust tone. In total, I received three tickets equaling $175.00! It wasn't a fun discussion with my wife. Keep in mine I'm 34 years old, beginning to grey, and I'm wearing a suit and tie. Maybe I'm too old for this stuff lol.
Never to old for an SC.
Old 11-13-13, 09:55 AM
Lead Lap

thats rough, I think the color has alot to do with it. Black car with dark tints isn't good in most areas.
Old 11-13-13, 12:04 PM
Murco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I'm 34 years old, beginning to grey, and I'm wearing a suit and tie. Maybe I'm too old for this stuff lol.
Nah, I'm almost 100% grey, wear business casual to work, 100% bone-stock SC400... You're never too old!
I need to take that NWA CD out though, the po-po doesn't care for "F*** The Police" when you drive by...
Old 11-13-13, 01:31 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

I got puled over in my parents car, a 2000 stock es300. was going 9 miles over on the highway so yea i was speeding. But what was interesting to me is that 2 police cruisers pulled me over and when the guy came up to the window, he had his hand on this taser and asked me if i had any firearms in my car......i really wasn't going that fast lol
Old 11-13-13, 02:53 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

going to a meet, pull up to in n out burger, go up driveway at like 5 mph and i get to speed pump and take it one wheel at a time and he pulls me over in the parking lot.. im like omg wtf F UUUU. didnt say that.. then says ur car is sooo loud i heard you comming from way over there and points to the left. i was like thats funny cause i came from that way pointing to the right. he stares at me, says pi=op your hood, i say NOPE. and just sit there. says pop it or im gonna arrest you, i said thats fine tell me where you are gonna take me so i can call my parents. says he is gonna tow my car and i said no you are not im on private property. just trys to bull**** me with everything finally gives me ticket for loud exhaust which i pointed out is at 80 decible.. 17 lower than legal limit. and he says SURE IT IS. anyways got it signed off without fixing it... such BS... honestly a car meet where people are just grabbing a bite to eat and u pull people over for no reason its just retarded. if i have a nice car i prolly dont have money to pay for tickets so dont pull me over.. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pulled over by the police in the SC?