SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Halo LED Headlights, Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-12, 10:14 PM
2JZSC3oo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Halo LED Headlights, Problems.

Alright so i recently had just purchased a pair of LED halo headlights for my sc300, it was working great after the second month i've had them.. the left bulb blew for some reason, now i go to the shop to buy h1 light bulbs for them, i plug them in and they work.. so i started driving home and i noticed once again it went dim.. so i panic hopped out of my car and ran out side and there it was, it blew again.. So i just went straight home because didn't wana risk getting pulled over at night for a stupid reason, so then i checked by plugging in the stock Sylvania light bulbs that i had on my OEM headlight and for some reason the headlights and the high beams were all lit up without it even being on high beam.. then i put it on highbeam and the left side just shuts off and the right side stays on. After a few seconds lets say about 30 seconds, i saw smoke coming out of the left bulb on the headlight so i take it out and it was hot as fuh! So i use my brothers 88 cressida to go back to the shop and told them it didn't work so they replaced it with a new one, so i plug it back in and then it didn't want to light up, so they replaced it with another h1 led lightbulb.. so then i plug it in and it wouldn't light up, only the right side lit up.. and when i put it on high beam only the right side highbeam/drive lights work.. but not the left, so i plug in back the stock oem sylvania light bulbs and once again all of the headlights lit up without it being on highbeam also when i put it on highbeam the left side shuts off and only the right side stays on. Also when its all lit without it being on highbeam the 2 middle highbeam lights are extremely dimmer.. can someone help me please, really need this very urgent.
Old 11-07-12, 12:14 AM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have wiring issues. There is a circuit short somewhere. Check your wiring and make sure there is nothing "touching". Smoke coming out... not good, check your fuse as well but make sure your wiring is correct before you go further and burn more bulbs.
Old 11-07-12, 03:55 PM
2JZSC3oo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, i will try.. Thanks! It's just because my carbon fiber hood kind of pops up so when im driving and its raining a little water get's into there i think
Old 11-07-12, 10:11 PM
Integra2SC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Defiantly sounds like a wire is crossed somewhere.