Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look just like VarrsToen ES1 series.
Old 02-22-13, 04:06 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

EDIT: nvm found my answer.

Last edited by iridebmx; 02-22-13 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-22-13, 09:08 PM
Suplex432
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be offensive, bt these like looks **** compared to the real deal, especially with the universal lug design, in person a side to side comparison u call tell a major difference. Stop being cheap Just save your money a get a real pair. Unless ur buying a pair for a civic!
Old 02-22-13, 10:22 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

because a civic can use 18x11 wheels

Last edited by iridebmx; 02-23-13 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-22-13, 10:35 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because expensive wheels dont break or mess up either. The cheap vs expensive wheel debate is stupid. You dont like em, dont buy em.
Old 02-22-13, 10:45 PM
helsbak
Driver School Candidate

nice been looking to get me some of these, know i have a reason to get some lol
Old 02-23-13, 11:43 AM
Suplex432
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lookEVO
Because expensive wheels dont break or mess up either. The cheap vs expensive wheel debate is stupid. You dont like em, dont buy em.
The debate isn't necessarily about cheap vs expensive more like genuine vs bootleg and telling a noticeable difference.. Wld u be able to tell a difference if a phantom and a Chrysler 300 pulled up side by side and the 300 put an phantom body kit on his car?
Old 02-23-13, 02:26 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Suplex432
Not to be offensive, bt these like looks **** compared to the real deal, especially with the universal lug design, in person a side to side comparison u call tell a major difference. Stop being cheap Just save your money a get a real pair. Unless ur buying a pair for a civic!
Just my opinion but i think it is innately "offensive" to call people cheap because they choose a budget product. A purchase is a calculation of what's available, the funds you have vs how badly you want it. No one else can be a part of that calculation. Why would anyone in their right mind be concerned with the "status" or value of what another person buys? What's next? Shoes? Bags?
I own real Work wheels, but I think this is silly as can be.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 02-23-13 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-27-13, 06:16 PM
Soarin96
Rookie

I like them
Old 02-27-13, 06:27 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suplex432
The debate isn't necessarily about cheap vs expensive more like genuine vs bootleg and telling a noticeable difference.. Wld u be able to tell a difference if a phantom and a Chrysler 300 pulled up side by side and the 300 put an phantom body kit on his car?
major difference in what you said to what is occurring. You know how many people care that much about this issue... very few. The majority of people would just say, nice wheels, or more likely... NOTHING AT ALL.
Old 02-27-13, 07:37 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

varrsteon made a replica also... but with fake bolts. look good but fake bolts are ehh. i'd rather have xxr's because they look different then real classics.

Old 02-28-13, 06:56 AM
t4l
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get so tired of these debates.

I like the XXRs. Pretty sure that is what I'll be buying for my own SC. Sure, I'd love to run "real" wheels, but the same reasons why I can't get excited about "hellaflush" keep me from wanting "real" wheels: I actually drive my cars.

If I hot a pothole, I'd rather replace a couple hundred dollar XXR than a thousand dollar wheel that is nearly impossible to find a replacement of. If you have "real" wheels, cool. Good for you! I can appreciate the money/time/effort it takes to buy and maintain them. But try not to be an *** to the other people who actually use their equipment and don't want to deal with all the extra hassle just to satisfy the "elite few".
Old 02-28-13, 07:27 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by t4l

I like the XXRs. Pretty sure that is what I'll be buying for my own SC. Sure, I'd love to run "real" wheels, but the same reasons why I can't get excited about "hellaflush" keep me from wanting "real" wheels: I actually drive my cars.

If I hot a pothole, I'd rather replace a couple hundred dollar XXR than a thousand dollar wheel that is nearly impossible to find a replacement of. If you have "real" wheels, cool. Good for you! I can appreciate the money/time/effort it takes to buy and maintain them. But try not to be an *** to the other people who actually use their equipment and don't want to deal with all the extra hassle just to satisfy the "elite few".
AMEN, good sir. Amen!

Its just like the people who buy the Shine Auto replica of the Auto Couture kit. Cheaper, good quality (so i hear), looks the same. But yet people have no problem with the Shine kit. When it comes to wheels though, the brand wh0res start hating.
Old 02-28-13, 07:36 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by t4l

Exactly!
I have not mounted my Work wheels yet (waiting for spring) but i actually have a bit of anxiety around protecting them in NYC now. I now have to step up my alarm system and pothole avoidance patterns.
Functionally, I'd actually be happier with these rep wheels in some ways.
(still glad to have them of course)
Old 02-28-13, 07:37 AM
sc400ka
Pole Position

i would get them if they did a flat black or gun metal with a polished lip.

Quick Reply: New XXR Wheels