SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just how ANAL are you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-12, 07:45 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
When you wash the car, do you jack up the car, remove the tires and clean the back side of the them?
To be fair they were already off the car....

I try to make sure the car is clean inside and out. I usually take everything out of the car, so if it didn't come from Lexus it shouldn't be in there (with the exception of my air freshener, disposable gloves, Snap on ratchet and socket to change the tire).

I usually try to keep the car garaged or parked inside of a parking structure to minimize sun exposure.

Windows are always up to minimize the dirt in the cabin, and I use recirculated air too.

I try to keep maintenance up to date if time and money allows me to. Most of the parts I've purchased for the car have been brand new from Lexus.

I do not drive the car in the rain unless I'm already on the road and it can't be avoided.
Old 08-21-12, 07:56 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Great, I'm not the only one. Car has never been driven in the rain since I've owned it. Under carriage you could eat off of. Washed at least twice a week. I could go on and on but the wife already thinks I'm crazy as it is.

Shane
Old 08-21-12, 08:16 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha my wife thinks I am nuts because I jack the car up at the car wash and simple green/scrub brush the underside but I will show her this thread as proof that I am not alone!
Old 08-21-12, 09:55 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I am pretty **** with my SC, too much stuff to list..
Old 08-21-12, 09:59 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm pretty **** with my SC but way more so with the IS-F lol. But I still clean the SC inside and out at least once a week. Keep the engine clean, keep the exhaust clean, the wheels are clean inside and out along with the calipers being wiped down too. Most people, including close friends and family never see my cars dirty lol.
Old 08-21-12, 10:58 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When you wash the car, do you jack up the car, remove the tires and clean the back side of the them?
Always wanted to but never get around to it lol anyways I'm not crazy but sure am **** about keeping it clean
Old 08-22-12, 04:37 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by leonsup
If i drive out of town, even for a weekend, I take a bucket, sponge & towels...
^ This is me lol

I did an interstate trip and the first thing I did instead of heading into the resort was find a car wash.

Sad to say my DD Soarer doesn't get the love it deserves (wash wise, it was washed first time a few days ago after about 2 months).
Old 08-22-12, 05:12 AM
Twirl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I logged in ten years ago.

Nuff said.
....yep, what he said
Old 08-22-12, 05:29 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Man these are sone great things you all do with your cars. I am glad to hear that this thread is going somewhere. I never try to drive my car either in the rain, always constantly looking in the side mirrors making sure no one is too close or is driving crazy. Like the ol' saying great minds think alike.

The other crazy thing I do is when there is dew outside from the car sitting overnight at the fire station, is that I go out and wipe it off with a chamois before driving home in the AM. :-)
Old 08-22-12, 08:06 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I was that way before, with my supra, but when someone totaled it my heart went with it.
I was so devistated I couldn't eat, sleep or drive. Then i bought e90 bimmer same thing happen within a year 95 year old mad man decided to hit me while i was at a red light at 40mgh no brakes, that was totaled too. From that point on i learned and realized that metal could easily be substituted for a better piece of metal called Lexus sc400
I am more **** about this ride than my other 2, with this said I don't put my heart into in, just in case this **** happens again, but do love my baby ( she happens to be a girl lol
This is where she sleeps on week days

Last edited by LEXXIUM; 08-22-12 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-22-12, 09:12 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

The other crazy thing I do is when there is dew outside from the car sitting overnight at the fire station, is that I go out and wipe it off with a chamois before driving home in the AM. :-)
I would recommend using a quick detailer and a microfiber towel. If there is any dust on the paint a chamois will just drag it across the paint and scratch it. A quick detailer will lift the dirt/dust particles off the paint and the weave of the MF towel will keep the dirt inside the fibers instead of dragging it across the surface.

I just noticed how many dwp/ golden pearl owners there are in this thread. I thought it would have been more black onyx owners.
Old 08-22-12, 09:30 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is this thread to .................................................... ?

Last edited by 1JZPWRD; 08-22-12 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-22-12, 01:35 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well my paint is pretty bad and all I really care about is my interior, so I do wipe the dust off my seats and dashboard occasionally and vacuum my carpet and rugs. Until I get that body kit and paint job I won't really care about my paint :\
Old 08-22-12, 02:33 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Can you believe my step daughter just ask to take my SC to town?

Are you CRAZY??

Does anyone let their kids drive their SC?
Old 08-22-12, 03:13 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Safe to say a good majority of sc owners love them

Quick Reply: Just how ANAL are you?