SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone install their Fujin Lip?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-12, 11:10 AM
yell0w
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone install their Fujin Lip?

I'm getting mine installed at a local shop and they seem to be having a problem with the part that goes by the Fog Lights, seems to be sticking out a little bit.

I was just wondering if any of you had the same problem and what did you do to fix that gap.

Thanks!
Old 08-15-12, 01:16 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine fits fine. I used five zip ties on the bottom and two on the sides lol.

Old 08-15-12, 01:35 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to fit mine to and mine was the one they used for the mold! But it was just some cutting and shaving on areas I'll post pics later for you
Old 08-15-12, 01:37 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Body shop cant figure it out?
Old 08-15-12, 01:56 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was part of original intended design to slightly cover part of fog lights. For ease of access, I chose to have my body shop trim them.

Old 08-15-12, 02:11 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually I'm pretty happy that this section covers a bit of the fogs. One of mine is loose because a mount is broken and it really assists with keeping it solid.
Old 08-15-12, 03:02 PM
yell0w
Driver

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Body shop cant figure it out?
That's exactly what I was thinking. He had me go in and take a look and it looks like the flap that kind of goes over the fog lights tends to flare out a little too much. So it's not actually touching or fitting snug to the bumper.

I had told him to maybe heat it and mold it a little or shave off that part that covers the fog lights. I figured a lot of people must've had the same issues as me.

I do appreciate all the feed back!
Old 08-15-12, 03:03 PM
yell0w
Driver

Originally Posted by uras300
It was part of original intended design to slightly cover part of fog lights. For ease of access, I chose to have my body shop trim them.

Yours looks real nice! Probably because you've got the lip molded right onto the bumper
Old 08-15-12, 03:04 PM
yell0w
Driver

Originally Posted by N00bie909
I had to fit mine to and mine was the one they used for the mold! But it was just some cutting and shaving on areas I'll post pics later for you
Thanks! I would like that a lot.
Old 08-16-12, 12:24 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Mine fits fine. I used five zip ties on the bottom and two on the sides lol.
lol, on a lowered car, zip ties and anything bumper related go hand in hand. Looks really good.
Old 08-16-12, 05:56 PM
dutchs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much does it add from the lip the soarer already has?
Old 08-17-12, 12:42 AM
suprandsc
Lead Lap

I am having the same problem along with one more problem. The lip on the driver side is a little bit too long and has about 1/4" gap between the wheel well area. Anyone has had any issues with their Fujin lip? My guess is to have my body shop chop off some of the side too long and re attach the end piece but I thought for how much I paid, it should be fitting way better?
Old 08-17-12, 07:07 AM
yell0w
Driver

Originally Posted by suprandsc
I am having the same problem along with one more problem. The lip on the driver side is a little bit too long and has about 1/4" gap between the wheel well area. Anyone has had any issues with their Fujin lip? My guess is to have my body shop chop off some of the side too long and re attach the end piece but I thought for how much I paid, it should be fitting way better?
totally agree. You think it should just fit snug but it doesn't. A lot of bodykits have some sort of cosmetic problem, I guess it's kind of expected.

*UPDATE*
I called the shop and they said they trimmed down that area where the fog light is and that they torched it and molded it to touch the bumper. Hopefully when i get it today it looks good.
Old 08-17-12, 08:03 AM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep forgetting to order my paint, so I'll I've done is mock mine up so far, lol. And even though the $350 was a better deal, I'm still a little disappointed in the quality. Mine will need quite a bit of sanding and touching up before it sees paint, lots of rough edges, and the fog light area doesn't sit perfect (most common problem it seems...) Once I take the time to work on those and get to painting, I know I'll be happy with the final product. If I paid half of what I paid, the rough parts would be expected, but I know I'd be pissed if I had paid the full original price...

Old 08-17-12, 10:25 AM
yell0w
Driver

Yup mine is also the same. But I think the area around the fog light stuck out a bit more and if you look "inside" to see if it even touches the bumper you'll see that it doesn't.

Random question....did anyone recieve their fujin lip in a box half it's size and all folded up like a pretzel? cause mine was. Not sure if it's a bad or a good thing but i was impressed that it didn't break and also scared. lol

Quick Reply: Anyone install their Fujin Lip?