SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Who actually races or track there SCs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 11:11 AM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Who actually races or track there SCs?

This is not a question for arguing or fighting over. It's me really wondering, I know we have a few drifters around. But, do we have any drag racers or road course even auto-x guys around. Reason I ask is because I looked on google did a general search for "drag sc300" and the only real one I found was one of the guy's from Titan. Mostly every thing else was just lowered with wheel, or just stanced. I go to TX2K events and yes those have become mainly every type of car. But, since I'm building for tx2k13, which required me to drop all my other pointless projects. Just wanted to see how many of us race, and please leave $$$ and all out of this.
Old 07-31-12, 11:37 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm building mine for road racing... but I just picked it up and it's a lot more headaches than anticipated for a "low-mile" car. Will be starting a build thread tonight.

Jeremy
Old 07-31-12, 12:31 PM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marshall2j
I'm building mine for road racing... but I just picked it up and it's a lot more headaches than anticipated for a "low-mile" car. Will be starting a build thread tonight.

Jeremy
Wi'll be sure to check it out, I can't do build threads my attention span isn't long enough and when working alone it's even harder.

But another reason I asked and yes I know it has before, but we have a lot of JZ swaps and build threads but never see anyone wanting to push the 800-1000whp mark. I understand the it's a lexus thing but with all the parts that can be used from a Supra. Just surprised not to see more 900whp sleeper SC.
Old 07-31-12, 12:45 PM
SaintLouSC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is that generally, the type of person doing a 1000+ hp build can afford the inital cost of a TT Supra.
Old 07-31-12, 01:10 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My goal is a measly 300whp for now - mainly limited by driver skill and the transmission. In the future I want a reliable 400-500whp road racer. Hell, I may decide to bring my Supra to the track
Old 07-31-12, 02:29 PM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SaintLouSC
My guess is that generally, the type of person doing a 1000+ hp build can afford the inital cost of a TT Supra.
I can understand that, I guess it's since I had a single'd 2GS that @ 21psi was fun as hell before the stock tranny lost 1st-2nd. I just look at more than just the car as what can be achieved.
Old 07-31-12, 07:18 PM
boosted4.6
Pole Position

Miller time and myself both have ls1 swapped sc's. Miller's sc runs tens at the track. I use mine to drift buy it also sees some roll race action. It would be nice to see a full on performance build on an sc. 98% of the guys on here are unfortunately more interested in "stance" and "interiors" lol
Hats off to the guys that actually use their sc for any Motorsport
Old 08-01-12, 09:10 AM
V8KLLA
Driver

Once im done with my Supra build for TX2K, im going to throw a lot of suspension at my SC. Theres a local monthly Auto-X that a couple of my friends are involved in, they keep telling me to take the SC out there, figured Id give it a try. They occasionally go to a real track and do some road racing as well, id like to try that out.

With the nitrous on the car im sure ill do a bit of straight line pavement racing as well
Old 08-01-12, 10:05 AM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by boosted4.6
Miller time and myself both have ls1 swapped sc's. Miller's sc runs tens at the track. I use mine to drift buy it also sees some roll race action. It would be nice to see a full on performance build on an sc. 98% of the guys on here are unfortunately more interested in "stance" and "interiors" lol
Hats off to the guys that actually use their sc for any Motorsport
Either of you plan on coming to TX2K13, I'd like to line up next to a LS1 SC to see if a decent whp turbo 1uz will hold up next to one.

Originally Posted by V8KLLA
Once im done with my Supra build for TX2K, im going to throw a lot of suspension at my SC. Theres a local monthly Auto-X that a couple of my friends are involved in, they keep telling me to take the SC out there, figured Id give it a try. They occasionally go to a real track and do some road racing as well, id like to try that out.

With the nitrous on the car im sure ill do a bit of straight line pavement racing as well
Were you at tx2k this past year? I was there in a Blue 5.0 w/ 150 shot on radials.
Old 08-01-12, 10:47 AM
KAYTSAK
Driver School Candidate

I'm aiming for a 1xxx whp sleeper down the line
Old 08-01-12, 10:51 AM
addisonblc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what up man. hows the v8 build goin?
Old 08-01-12, 01:52 PM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by addisonblc
what up man. hows the v8 build goin?
Slow, kinda wishing I wasn't building a vvti 1uz, been going through all the wiring and I need a lot of connectors that I'm missing and other sensors, crank and cam position, vvti solenoid or whatever the hell it is. but that's how it goes. The FC is about to go under the knife since it's going to tx with me also, my friend is going to be driving it so she can race the other girls that come out.
Old 08-01-12, 02:15 PM
drewdizzle
Pole Position

I use mine for drifting and an occasional road race event. I have raced the car from a stock sc300 auto to where it is today. 400whp 1jz turbo beast, full cage, suspension and weighing in at 2900 lbs. I have always had fun with it and I think, at every step of the way, is a great track car.
Old 08-01-12, 02:29 PM
V8KLLA
Driver

Originally Posted by Jacj3
Were you at tx2k this past year? I was there in a Blue 5.0 w/ 150 shot on radials.
I was there but I didnt take my car with me, wasnt ready.
Old 08-01-12, 02:30 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gone to a couple drift events and id like to think our sc's are pretty easy to learn on if setup right (coilovers, welded diff/ lsd, etc.). Id highly recommend going to an event even as a complete noob beginner

Quick Reply: Who actually races or track there SCs?