SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sumTHAIguy's '95 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-12, 09:06 AM
siqsc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about the wing. I rhink your car is really clean as is. the body lines on the sc are sets it apart and keeps it looking timeless. Adding stuff might take away from it. I agree with getting more power though. Keep up the good work!!
Old 04-03-14, 11:12 PM
sumTHAIguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE:

havent really posted anything in a while lol. been too busy with school, work, and working on the car haha. soooooo what has happened since last time?

i sold my longchamps (WORST DECISION EVER) to buy a 2jzgte from a local. had a buddy put it in since i was pretty busy with school/work. motor didnt come with a turbo setup since the previous owner parted out the single that was on it. so i located a set of cheap twins from a local that has a ridiculously fast 2jzgte big single, proefi, etc. mk3 supra (900+hp). lol hes on the 1320 video youtube channel is anyone cares to take a looksee. we put the engine in and got it running but the first set of twins we put on turned out to be bad and didnt build any boost. so i swapped them out for a set of newer 2j vvti twins and set them to true twin mode on stock boost. gotta get a new sensor for my aem afr and a boost controller so i can up the boost. but so far its pretty fun to drive!

got a lot of areas to address though since its actually being abused/drifted now. need ls400 brakes, solid bushings everywhere, cooling system needs upgrading, etc.....

since i sold the longchamps to buy the 2jzgte, i didnt have any wheels to roll around on for a while except for some beater wheels i had. i was able to snag a pair of 18x10.5 +15 Enkei PF01 from a buddy's roommate and a little while later, i traded my beater wheels + a little cash to another buddy for the front pair or 18x9.5 +15 enkei PF01's that he had bought from the same guy a little while beforehand.

so this is what ive been doing as of recently and what the car looks like now. enjoy!

car sat like this for a good while haha.

pulling the first set of stock twins by myself..... NOT FUN.

HANG'EM DEAD

dirty engine/bay awaiting the new twins

got it back up and running good! its dorifto time!

*please disregard the cones that are under the car... i swear they jumped out of no where lol*

ran into cooling issues a little bit into the day so i took off the front bumper. it actually helped out A LOT. might have to get a vented good or something soon.

*edit*
just noticed theres a build section now. mods, feel free to move the thread if you feel necessary. thanks!

Last edited by sumTHAIguy; 04-03-14 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-04-14, 05:36 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome!! Yeah bad move on selling those awesome wheels lol. Just doesn't look the same. How much power are you making?
Old 04-04-14, 05:42 PM
sumTHAIguy
Driver School Candidate

yup. BUT I did dig back into my texts and found the number to the guy I sold it to. sooooooo whenever I have some spare money, im gonna send him a message and see if he'll sell them back to me. as for power, I have no idea. haven't put it on a dyno yet. there is a dyno day coming up at my school in a couple weeks. if I can get some time off from work, im gonna go and get some numbers on stock boost. im going to need a new afr sensor and a boost controller to get some good higher boost numbers though.
Old 04-04-14, 08:02 PM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn that first pic though. I want mine to be that low but everytime it scrapes the frame I die a little inside. How do you ride that low btw?
Old 06-15-14, 05:35 PM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Niceeeee...digging this man
Old 06-18-14, 06:18 PM
CDD200
Driver School Candidate

Love the pf01s , got mine on order, are the vvti twins better or just newer?
Old 09-03-14, 10:23 PM
Rezist89
Rookie

bump good setup
Old 09-04-14, 01:32 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well then. YES. <3
Old 12-16-14, 07:39 PM
sumTHAIguy
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE 12/16/2014

sooo its been a while lol. where did we leave off? well the last drift event i ended up cracking one of the pf01's. since then car sat while i saved up money, finished school, and started my new job at Mercedes Benz. fast forward to maybe a couple months ago.....

while not driving my sc around i started looking into different cars and contemplated selling the sc to get something newer and cooler. i was like 50/50 on if i should sell the car or not so i promised that i wouldnt decide on something new until the end of the year or beginning of 2015 and that i would prepare the car as much as i could and do 1 more drift event before deciding for sure. well before even starting the preparations, the local Formula D pro-am host announced a new series for the upcoming year. it intrigued me and kind of swayed my mind more into keeping the car, getting a cage welded up, and competing in it next year.

In Texas, people have been building crazier and crazier cars with bigger budgets to compete in the Formula D Pro-am series in order to hopefully earn a Formula D license. with the pro-am builds getting faster and more extravagant, the gap between the true grassroots cars competing in the series and the now borderline professional racecar builds is getting bigger leaving the entry to intermediate level drivers in the dust. So to cater towards the people with big dreams but not so big budgets, LoneStar Drift created the TXSL (Texas Street Legal) series which mimics the popular japanese D1SL. the main goal being to allow people to stop focusing on spending money on building and more on seat time. the rules set will try and create a more even and competitive playing field. info on the series and rules here:

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/...inded-drifter/

LonestarDrift was holding a drift day/trial run for the txsl series which was the last drift event of the year. i ended up buying Tim" Big Sticks" Koenning's old racecar shell so i could pick most of the parts off of. So the deadline for preparations was set, the list of new parts to be installed/ to buy included:

-Derrick Rogers cut/modified steering knuckles for more angle
-LS400 Front brakes
-Front stainless steel brake lines
-Newer rack and pinion w/ battle version inner tie rods and oem outers
-Front hubs with arp extended studs
-New driftmotion aluminum radiator
-Front pair of MB battles equipped with 235/40/18 Federal 595 RSR's
-8 350z wheels
-4 245/40/18 chinese tires
-4 245/40/18 Kenda Kaiser KR20 tires
-Alignment
-Switch from a welded 5 speed diff to welded AUTO diff

and probably more that i forgot.....

and of course i would wait til the last minute to install everything lol. got all of the **** installed and ready. had to raise the car a little to fit the super thick front RSR tires. drove to the event and just completely ripped it. since, in my mind, it could be the last drift event in the car, i decided to drive the car harder than i ever had before. and let me tell you knuckles and power make this car completely easy and a BLAST to drive. the day consisted of throwing the car hard into corners and keeping the throttle pinned on the floor. nothing beats full lock full throttle entries. not many but here are some pics from preparation and event (excuse the no bumperness lol):

Bought Big Sticks former glory and stuffed it in the garage. car sat like this for a while lol

Big Sticks' car at its peak

bleeeeeeh.

Plug work w/ DIPLO

decided to NOT be lazy and actually start transferring parts from the shell to my car so i moved the main car out of the garage

Front knuckle/hub/rack/brakes install

dat angle!

Lets front gripping!!! new feddy RSR's. these things are GRIPPYY!!!

Alignment time!

Check and Recheck before hitting the track!

Gettin it!!!

was giving ride-a-longs to whoever had a helmet all day :thumbsup:

... At the end of the weekend. drove the hard and car is still in one piece. WIN

NEXT EPISODE: Time to start bringing back the funk!.... i might have some things coming in from Japan that will help bring the car back to street style rather than the track look. going to lower the car again and make it look like how it used to. STYLE IS KING.

Old 12-16-14, 07:59 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

looks good! I wouldnt mind a ride along.
Old 12-16-14, 08:51 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can i ask what front knuckles or parts needed to get that angle?
Old 12-17-14, 01:06 AM
SC400Zulu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikef
Can i ask what front knuckles or parts needed to get that angle?
2nd that! Looks really aggressive at that angle.
Old 12-17-14, 07:45 PM
sumTHAIguy
Driver School Candidate

as far as angle mods, texas local fabricator named derrick rogers cut and modified the knuckles and i also have battle version inner tie rods.
Old 12-18-14, 05:32 PM
ems
Lead Lap

car is in true beastmode form!

Quick Reply: sumTHAIguy's '95 SC300