SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The I wrecked my 1JZ 95 SC300 and swapped it into a 94SC400 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-12, 02:37 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts
Default The I wrecked my 1JZ 95 SC300 and swapped it into a 94SC400 thread

This adventure started off in October after I wrecked my 1JZ swapped 95 sc300. I ended up spinning out into a ditch and took out a fence and a speed limit sign with my passenger side front fender and rear quarter panel

here are the pics of the sc300 before and after the wreck:

I decided it would be more financially responsible to find a new chassis and swap all my parts over and do some upgrades I had planned on doing. In December I found a 94 Royal Jade Pearl SC400 that had a fresh coat of paint and just asking for a 1JZ swap. I picked it up in the Dallas area on a Friday and started heading home back to Waco with my new baby. I had almost made it home when the transmission failed me about 20 miles outside of Waco. I was able to limp it home another 10 miles before it finally gave out completely and AAA towed it the rest of the way to my shop. Then the project began...

The first step was to pull the 1UZ out of the SC400

here is the 1JZ swap before i pulled it

The interior was not up to my standards in the new car so i began swapping EVERYTHING over. There were also some things that were not working such as the power side mirrors so i swapped all the electronics and harnesses as well.

one of the upgrades i did while working on the interior was the aux jack mod

Old 06-21-12, 02:38 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Here is the wrecked shell after the interior swap, when i say everything was swapped I literally meant everything, even the sunroof...

After the interior was swapped it was time to move onto the drive train.

again the first thing i did was pull the 1JZ from the wrecked car

I also swapped everything on the outside of the car too, i have a supra tt lsd diff, custom bilstien coilovers and poly bushings everywhere so it was easier for me just to swap both the front and rear subframes from the car

While the sub frames were out I swapped the fuel and brake lines because i was deleting the trac system from the sc400 and my fuel lines were already setup for the 1JZ. After I got all that done and put the sub frames back in it was time for some upgrades.

I wanted to run my 1JZ with the aristo harness and ECU. The first thing i did was make a plug and play harness for my emanage ultimate (the greddy PnP harness is very hard to find for the 2jz)

I then began work on the engine harness, which took me almost as long to do as swapping the entire interior... Dr. tweak doesnt charge enough in my opinion, lol.

since i was now running the aristo trans it was time for a stall, a 3200 titan stall to be exact.

here it is with my custom filling device lol

some other upgrades i did while swapping everything was a denso TT fuel pump, ls400 brake upgrade, and some HID's that were on the sc400 when i bought it

Its amazing how much bigger the TT fuel pump ecu is compared to the stock sc fuel pump ecu. The denso pump draws a lot of amps!!!

Old 06-21-12, 02:39 PM
93MSB
Instructor

at that point i was done with my upgrade list and finally got it back on the road. Here she is as of last week and waiting for some more funds for more upgrades

another thing you'll notice is i re-routed the intercooler piping on the passenger side and made it a lot shorter, i also was able to get the air filter away from the engine because of the re-routing

after it was all said and done i swapped literally everything but the gas tank itself. It was a long tedious process, but well worth the effort
Old 06-21-12, 02:42 PM
airhead
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice you are a lucky man.are you okay tho.you didn't get hurt.
Old 06-21-12, 02:43 PM
runyun
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good lord, congrats on the swap. that's a lot of work to be doing (literally twice since you had 2 cars)
well done
Old 06-21-12, 02:45 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

looks great, looks like a lot of hard work but the end result is really nice. nice to see the aux mod back in action your jack mounting looks very clean.
Old 06-21-12, 02:47 PM
airhead
Driver School Candidate

Are you planing on goin 5spd. Soon are you stickin wit the auto.
Old 06-21-12, 02:54 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

holy crap that's a lot of work! Did you have any 3K rpm issues with the new wiring harness? any CELs? was thinking about doing a harness re-do in the future and the aristo swap looked resonable. nicely done though!
Old 06-21-12, 03:17 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Originally Posted by runyun
good lord, congrats on the swap. that's a lot of work to be doing (literally twice since you had 2 cars)
well done
thanks!

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
looks great, looks like a lot of hard work but the end result is really nice. nice to see the aux mod back in action your jack mounting looks very clean.
thanks, the only problem i have with the aux jack is it hisses and whines with my iphone 4s, but it doesnt with a laptop or older iphones.... im just going to hold out until the next phone i get to see if that doesnt remedy the issue before i go back in and do the whole ground loop isolation bit

Originally Posted by airhead
Are you planing on goin 5spd. Soon are you stickin wit the auto.
Im one of those wierdos that actually prefers the automatic lol, The good thing about the aristo ecu is i can run the built transmissions that boostlogic and titan offer if i need to

Originally Posted by StiCk3
holy crap that's a lot of work! Did you have any 3K rpm issues with the new wiring harness? any CELs? was thinking about doing a harness re-do in the future and the aristo swap looked resonable. nicely done though!
thanks, i didnt have the 3k rpm issue, but you do have to deal with the traction control sub throttle and the a/c clutch switch is backwards. The aristo wants a 12v to switch the compressor on as opposed to a ground on the sc300/400 so you have to wire in a small relay. other than that you just have to move some plugs around and extend the harness but the car runs great after its all said and done
Old 06-21-12, 03:19 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like a job very well done! Sorry to hear about the old car, but the new one looks great!
Old 06-21-12, 06:09 PM
iceman400
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great Job....
Old 06-21-12, 06:17 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

damn dude i remember wehn u crashed... glad to see u back. love the car

i was gunna do the same thing to my sc emblem, sc250, but i couldnt figure out which numbers would match the sc logo. very nice work there.
Old 06-21-12, 06:18 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

also, did u change ur user name?
Old 06-21-12, 06:57 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice bro, soon I will be tackling the 1jz in my 93 sc300, so if you get a pm from me you will know why bro lol.
Old 06-21-12, 07:20 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Originally Posted by OneJay
Looks like a job very well done! Sorry to hear about the old car, but the new one looks great!
thank ya!

Originally Posted by iceman400
Great Job....
appreciate it!

Originally Posted by cmh
damn dude i remember wehn u crashed... glad to see u back. love the car

i was gunna do the same thing to my sc emblem, sc250, but i couldnt figure out which numbers would match the sc logo. very nice work there.
you can't get rid of me that easy I used the is250 emblem, it's a little bigger but it works... oh and no this is the only user name I've had

Last edited by 93MSB; 06-21-12 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: The I wrecked my 1JZ 95 SC300 and swapped it into a 94SC400 thread