SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Question regarding TT wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-13, 01:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I always get the lance alignment spec done with any tires wider than stock, its automatic print the numbers, take it to a "good" shop that will actually do custom numbers,ask for a printout and then enjoy the results. IF you have the shop print you off the ranges for a stock alignment without giving them specs on a sc300, you will notice the ranges are huge and you could align the car severel different ways and still be within "acceptable" range, for example the stock numbers list both positive and negative camber values as acceptable, the alignment shop could leave you with all the wrong numbers and still be technically right. they typically just get everything even side to side in the range as quick as possible and lock it down, they aren't a technical shop that will know the range for your wider tires and which numbers should be avoided because of tire wear.
Give them the numbers and ask for a final printout, and then you wont have to guess what kind of alignment you got.
If you don't get the printout its just guessing who knows what your alignment even is..

someone said the lance specs are only for the rear? that is totally wrong the most important part of those specs are for the front, the rears on our cars are not nearly as adjustable they really don't touch it back there they basically just did the front on mine the rear was already good to go according to the specs.

If you look the lance alignment specs are a much much narrower range, and tell you what they should be exactly more or less. I gave the shop the numbers and told them to get as close as possible, and the car handles great. tire wear I dont see any feathering but I only put on a few thousand miles a year now =(

that -1 degree of suggested camber makes a difference up front especially if the guy doing your alignment set it at 0-.025 which is technically in range and most likely what you will get when you just ask for a regular alignment, and that is probably causing your outside wear problem right there.

check out an example:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...for-sc300.html

Last edited by Ali SC3; 08-16-13 at 01:57 PM.