SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?

Old 05-31-12, 10:10 PM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man ... have cash in hand... might be interested... how is the quality going to be - specifically the clear coat and such.. also fitment and if will latch into the oem or not and such... also local so if i do will be picking it up. haven't decided if the carbon fiber one or the other one.
Old 06-01-12, 05:41 AM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cmh
sign me up for the list of paying up front... i didnt read the whole thread but is this something that is really gunna happen? i need this hood in my life
If we get the required amount of people this will be happening. I can add you too th list.

Originally Posted by drpatel77
man ... have cash in hand... might be interested... how is the quality going to be - specifically the clear coat and such.. also fitment and if will latch into the oem or not and such... also local so if i do will be picking it up. haven't decided if the carbon fiber one or the other one.
I'll let ExtremeDimensions answer these questions.
Old 06-01-12, 09:07 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drpatel77

This will only be available in Carbon Fiber as of now. Not enough interest in the Duraflex line. It also looks like costs are going up this month for material. So if we don't close this soon the price might jump up 10-15%. It will come with an OEM latch and the clear coat has a 1 year limited warranty, if it hazes, chips or bubbles, we will either replace the hood for your, or give you partial credit towards getting the hood re-cleared!
Old 06-13-12, 06:53 AM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Its disappointing that we're so close, yet still only 3 people away. There really not 3 other people that want to have a hood that might not be available ever again?
Old 06-13-12, 07:52 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

story of my life...

can i buy the other three and sell them on ebay for more... lol

no seriously.
Old 06-13-12, 08:44 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

So I am going to attempt to see if I can get this hood prototyped for 13 people. The prices will be going up since we were not able to meet the required quota and since the price of carbon fiber has gone up. So you'd be looking at an MSRP of $799. With 13 people it would be around $559.00 + Shipping.
Old 06-13-12, 09:01 AM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cmh
story of my life...

can i buy the other three and sell them on ebay for more... lol

no seriously.
I bet if you did they'd sell immediately.

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
So I am going to attempt to see if I can get this hood prototyped for 13 people. The prices will be going up since we were not able to meet the required quota and since the price of carbon fiber has gone up. So you'd be looking at an MSRP of $799. With 13 people it would be around $559.00 + Shipping.
Just had another join the list, so 14 people now. Not sure if that changes anything, lol.
Old 06-13-12, 09:02 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

lol thanks for trying your heart out.. I can see how bad you want this hood. As of now that is the max discount. I will push for more if we ever get to 16. Might be a good idea to PM those who were ready and give them the updates. If you don't have time, I'll do it before the end of the week, but the sooner the better!
Old 06-13-12, 07:29 PM
demonspeed
Driver School Candidate

I want the hood but lack of funds is what's keeping me from joining...Sadface lol
Old 06-14-12, 09:11 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I want the hood but lack of funds is what's keeping me from joining...Sadface lol

I know its not cheap, but it will be a one of a kind hood. You might be the only one in your State to have one..
Old 06-14-12, 09:53 AM
TTschmitta
Driver

I know its not cheap, but it will be a one of a kind hood. You might be the only one in your State to have one..
I began reading the thread but did not read the entire thing. Is a certain amount of money required to be on the list? and if so when is this money due?
Old 06-14-12, 10:27 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TTschmitta
I began reading the thread but did not read the entire thing. Is a certain amount of money required to be on the list? and if so when is this money due?

50% for the hood and 50% for shipping costs is due up front.
Old 06-14-12, 11:28 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Got an email but I don't see the post...

SonicMotor has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC? - in the SC 400/300 forum of Club Lexus Forums.
---Quote (Originally by g-magoo)---
I bet if you did they'd sell immediately.

Just had another join the list, so 14 people now. Not sure if that changes anything, lol.
---End Quote---
I've said I'd be in also, so make that 15.
Old 06-14-12, 12:12 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

soooo? yay or nay. sorry for being annoying but im suppose to paint my car this weekend. so i need to know if i hold off...
Old 06-14-12, 01:55 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cmh
soooo? yay or nay. sorry for being annoying but im suppose to paint my car this weekend. so i need to know if i hold off...
Do you really want to buy the remainder of the hoods that are going to be needed for this GB?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?