SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-12, 11:14 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbrasian
yeah i'm looking at the locking ones from them if you could create a punch out area for those to be installed easily that would be most convenient
I can use one of these...

Lol, jk. Unfortunately, I don't think everyone is going to want hood pins. It's easier to make the holes for pins then to cover them for those who don't want them. Well technically its not possible to cover the holes when it comes to carbon unless you fill it, sand it and paint it. Defeats the purpose of the look of carbon.
Old 03-26-12, 02:11 PM
tientony
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys I would buy one but this is tooo long I need a hood now in the next week or so guess I'm just have to go with another carbon hood or something
Old 03-26-12, 02:28 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tientony
Sorry guys I would buy one but this is tooo long I need a hood now in the next week or so guess I'm just have to go with another carbon hood or something
Not a problem, I can understand the urgency of needing a hood to drive lol. Wrap in saran wrap till the hood comes in?

Old 03-27-12, 06:30 AM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Anyone else? Opinions, interested, etc?
Old 03-27-12, 11:19 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am very interested. My car will actually be hitting the track a lot and any cooling will help. Infact if this hood could be designed to extract heat properly I'll for sure buy one.
Old 03-27-12, 11:30 AM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
I am very interested. My car will actually be hitting the track a lot and any cooling will help. Infact if this hood could be designed to extract heat properly I'll for sure buy one.
My car will make the switch from daily to track car and I too will be using this hood in efforts to have a semi functional hood that is also a style I like. I imagine with proper duct work you could make it extract heat quite well... only time will tell at this point.
Old 03-27-12, 11:37 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The problem is we don't have too many functional options. Varis discontinued their hood, D-Max is impossible to obtain, and who wants to cut a factory hood to put in a fiberglass insert? Hope this gets made. I remember that there was some testing done on the real TS hood and a third vent in the corner relived even more under hood temps around the turbo.
Old 03-27-12, 12:51 PM
SonicMotor
Lexus Champion

Very interested right here. Haven't looked through any of the thread, what's the eta on these for the GB? My SC needs a new hood!
Old 03-27-12, 01:08 PM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
The problem is we don't have too many functional options. Varis discontinued their hood, D-Max is impossible to obtain, and who wants to cut a factory hood to put in a fiberglass insert? Hope this gets made. I remember that there was some testing done on the real TS hood and a third vent in the corner relived even more under hood temps around the turbo.
Im confident that it'll be made, Id say the the biggest question is if there are enough people to get the discounted group price. As for the corner vents, they very well could allow heat to escape if not be drawn out... Id say it depends mainly on how low the air pressure is flowing over that vent compared to the air pressure under the hood. But Im just basing this off general aerodynamic priciples, Im no aerodynamicist.

Originally Posted by SonicMotor
Very interested right here. Haven't looked through any of the thread, what's the eta on these for the GB? My SC needs a new hood!
6-8 months was the time frame originally stated.
Old 03-27-12, 03:09 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Ya I want to have everything finalized by this Thursday so I can bring it up in the new R&D meeting. We may still a donor hood, any volunteers? Locals get priority..
Old 03-27-12, 06:23 PM
V8KLLA
Driver

Im interested in one in the Duraflex - not too into carbon fiber. You can put me down and if its a go, id be willing to put a 50% deposit.

I personally like the original one posted with the 6 center vents AND the 2 smaller vents as well.
Old 04-14-12, 07:20 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
DUAL

Yeahhh
Old 04-14-12, 08:02 PM
ecuajyls
Driver School Candidate

i might be interested cf hood i like the idea of 50% first
Old 04-14-12, 09:22 PM
millertime
Pole Position

love the picture ^^ definitely want a carbon fiber one, figure out cost for down payment
Old 04-16-12, 09:16 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

We have a lot of interest but only 4 people who would be willing to put down a deposit. At this point I would need a minimum of 16 committed buyers.

Quick Reply: Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?