SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)
View Poll Results: How should I go about my SC's front bumper
Install the Auto Couture kit, leave the rest as is.
34.21%
Start fresh with the whole AC kit
26.32%
Sell the AC bumper, and get a lip for the 97+ bumper
39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Honest Opinion AC front w/vertex body

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 03:41 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BenStoked
sell the AC, it doesn't look quite right, even if it is a genuine name brand.
Thanks, this is the type of feedback I wanted to see as well.

Originally Posted by JustChill
I think it.looks kinda off a little with the vertex sides and rear. Seen it in person. Not my taste
Can you kinda go into detail about it? Like what was odd about it? I personally have a really hard time merging the two, Ive been comparing pictures like crazy trying to see if it would look weird or not.
Old 02-29-12, 03:55 PM
AnonymousG
Pole Position

I say put it on and see how it looks, before you decide. I personally think it might work, but you never know until you actually see it.
Old 02-29-12, 04:02 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AnonymousG
I say put it on and see how it looks, before you decide. I personally think it might work, but you never know until you actually see it.
It'll be kind of hard to tell since the bumper is painted black already.
But Ill definitely post up pictures for everyone to see once I install it.
Old 02-29-12, 04:21 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

saying A/C kit dosent look right is like saying a 97 body dosent look right because thats all it really is with a lip kit. I personally wouldnt think it would flow my taste but everyone has a different opinion on style.
Old 02-29-12, 04:32 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

I just personally do not like the bottom cross grille. But the rest of the kit I think looks super clean.
Maybe not aggressive though?
Old 02-29-12, 04:44 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDSC
saying A/C kit dosent look right is like saying a 97 body dosent look right because thats all it really is with a lip kit. I personally wouldnt think it would flow my taste but everyone has a different opinion on style.
I disagree, it does NOT look like a 97+ bumper
the lower grilles are completely different, as dirtyjohm said, it looks like it belongs on a Dodge car, not a Lexus.

The reason i say sell it, not modify it is becase it's quite evident that many people in this thread like the AC bumper as-is.
In order to make it look like it belongs (IMO), you would need to hack it apart, then re-work the areas to make it look right.
With the grill it's just weird, without the grill, you're out the chance to make some bank, on top of replacing the lip you had.

(just doing as the OP says, giving my $.02.)
Old 02-29-12, 04:49 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

And thats exactly what type of feedback I wanted BenStoked!

But I've been looking around at other car's with the AC kit and trying to see how my side skirts would flow, the side skirts definitely hang lower than the front bumper.
Old 02-29-12, 05:44 PM
Mr.1.5
Lead Lap

I'd trash that A/C! I have the addy to the dump that would take it .
Old 02-29-12, 05:55 PM
alex425
Driver

I personally love the ac bumper with the lower grill cut out. I think it would look just fine with vertex style sides and rear. But it's all personal taste. To me a vertex frot bumper is to ricey looking the more and more I see it and the ac front bumper is the perfect amount of both worlds. And since you want the aggressive look, the rest of the ac kit or 97+ won't strike your fancy
BUT.. do what you want just my 2 cents
Old 02-29-12, 06:25 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone was just asking about the AC front with the grill cut out, i would usually post a pic of my car but i feel like i post it around a lot.. But you can look at it on my build thread if it helps.

I love AC thats why im saving up for a legit front and rear. An AC front does match with the vertex sides but i dont care for the flare on the vertex rear bumpers. imo
Old 02-29-12, 06:54 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Tough decision bro, I like both...I'd go with the AC kit (complete). If this isn't do able, then go 97+ kit with the BIG WIN lip. I know this wasn't one of the choices, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Something to think about?
Old 02-29-12, 07:32 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I say keep what you got. Lower it a tad and be happy. Keep your money! Looks great as it sits.
Old 02-29-12, 08:00 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr.1.5
I'd trash that A/C! I have the addy to the dump that would take it .
Why you mad bro?

Originally Posted by alex425
I personally love the ac bumper with the lower grill cut out. I think it would look just fine with vertex style sides and rear. But it's all personal taste. To me a vertex frot bumper is to ricey looking the more and more I see it and the ac front bumper is the perfect amount of both worlds. And since you want the aggressive look, the rest of the ac kit or 97+ won't strike your fancy
BUT.. do what you want just my 2 cents
I think the vertex front bumper is a little too aggressive for me as well, I love it on the Vertex ridge car, but on mine its not my style.

Originally Posted by MIKU*SC3
Someone was just asking about the AC front with the grill cut out, i would usually post a pic of my car but i feel like i post it around a lot.. But you can look at it on my build thread if it helps.

I love AC thats why im saving up for a legit front and rear. An AC front does match with the vertex sides but i dont care for the flare on the vertex rear bumpers. imo
Well if I end up not using the front bumper Ill give you a hell of a deal on it. PM me if you're interested.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Tough decision bro, I like both...I'd go with the AC kit (complete). If this isn't do able, then go 97+ kit with the BIG WIN lip. I know this wasn't one of the choices, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Something to think about?
Isn't there a group buy going on for that lip right now? I might do that I just need to see it in a different color than black.

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I say keep what you got. Lower it a tad and be happy. Keep your money! Looks great as it sits.
I would lower it, but I just had an alignment strictly done for traction and I dont want to mess it all up but thank you!
Old 02-29-12, 09:02 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go with the 97+ and no on that spolier.
Old 02-29-12, 09:20 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Ah no love for the wald spoiler?

Quick Reply: Honest Opinion AC front w/vertex body