SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit

Old 08-05-12, 03:09 PM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have more pictures of fitment for the Extreme Dimensions Vertex Ridge Style kit. Click the link below because there are alot of pictures. Like I say in my post its really nothing that I personally wasn't expecting but for someone who doesn't know what they are doing or who really doesn't trust their body shop or have a body shop that has done this before they could be spending ALOT of money. There are some bad things that surprised me and some good things that surprised me so far. Knowing what I know now (bumpers have not arrived yet) I would indeed buy everything again for exactly what I paid for it. No regrets.

Compared to previous side skirts I have bought the quality of these is definitely better, compared to the origin style fenders I previously owned the location of mounting points is god awful and disappointing but the shape of the fender itself and the body lines are nearly spot on and the cut outs are much cleaner.

My biggest concern are the edges of the rear over fenders are very wavy which when attached I am afraid will be a constant area to crack and chip when filled. We'll see

View pics
http://srsbzns.wordpress.com/2012/08...ng-stuff-done/

Last edited by TheRonTom3; 08-05-12 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-05-12, 08:47 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i look forward to updates. personally i wouldn't do this to my car. even if it was the real Vertex kit and it was given to me.

i just wanna see the results.

the line up tabs are super way off. ugh!
Old 08-05-12, 10:48 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

I don't think the tabs is that much of a big deal when you can just fiberglass some new ones on there what I would be worried about is stress cracks, waves, and just making sure the panels are way off in fitment kit doesn't look too bad.
Old 08-06-12, 06:39 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

exactly. Noobie909

Like I said over the fitment of the actual part the fender body itself is almost dead on the money. My front fenders have no waves thin spots or cracks. The rear fenders had some cracking in the corners where they rise up for the c pillar. That may have been done in shipping however.
Old 08-06-12, 04:29 PM
RINTHAL
Rookie

hrms interesting. I was gonna be lazy and go widebody because i have a huge dent and no bottom 1/4 panel to mount my rear bumper lip. Its good to see in TheRonTom3 photos that the Extreme DImension Widebody has that little tabb. I'm stoked, I may cop one. Fitment isnt really an issue for me because im 100% sure i'll crash and mess up my car anyways!

But now im curious on what size spacers everyone uses on there widebody rear. I know diff wheels, diff sizes but just a ball park.
Old 08-07-12, 08:36 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RINTHAL
hrms interesting. I was gonna be lazy and go widebody because i have a huge dent and no bottom 1/4 panel to mount my rear bumper lip. Its good to see in TheRonTom3 photos that the Extreme DImension Widebody has that little tabb. I'm stoked, I may cop one. Fitment isnt really an issue for me because im 100% sure i'll crash and mess up my car anyways!

But now im curious on what size spacers everyone uses on there widebody rear. I know diff wheels, diff sizes but just a ball park.
It looks like in the front on my car if I pull the camber out my 18x9.5 -4 will be flush maybe need a 5mm slip on. In the rear my 20x10 +20 will probably need a 20mm spacer but I run my rears tucked with a big tire
Old 08-07-12, 09:43 AM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
exactly. Noobie909

Like I said over the fitment of the actual part the fender body itself is almost dead on the money. My front fenders have no waves thin spots or cracks. The rear fenders had some cracking in the corners where they rise up for the c pillar. That may have been done in shipping however.
How are you planing on mounting the rears are you going to mold them on the car?
Old 08-07-12, 09:53 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
I have more pictures of fitment for the Extreme Dimensions Vertex Ridge Style kit. Click the link below because there are alot of pictures. Like I say in my post its really nothing that I personally wasn't expecting but for someone who doesn't know what they are doing or who really doesn't trust their body shop or have a body shop that has done this before they could be spending ALOT of money. There are some bad things that surprised me and some good things that surprised me so far. Knowing what I know now (bumpers have not arrived yet) I would indeed buy everything again for exactly what I paid for it. No regrets.

Compared to previous side skirts I have bought the quality of these is definitely better, compared to the origin style fenders I previously owned the location of mounting points is god awful and disappointing but the shape of the fender itself and the body lines are nearly spot on and the cut outs are much cleaner.

My biggest concern are the edges of the rear over fenders are very wavy which when attached I am afraid will be a constant area to crack and chip when filled. We'll see

View pics
http://srsbzns.wordpress.com/2012/08...ng-stuff-done/
Thank you for the pics and the updates! It coming out great!
Old 08-07-12, 10:28 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by N00bie909
How are you planing on mounting the rears are you going to mold them on the car?
I am debating that currently. I will be using panel bond and rivets for actual mounting. I'm debating on letting the rivets show since they show on my hood vent
Old 08-25-12, 06:13 PM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

I got the front bumper a week or so ago. *Out of the box I could see that the mold on this one was sub par and unfortunately I can not say that I am very happy with the condition or the quality of this piece. *The runs and the horribly uneven edges in the material are a bit more than expected but still regularly expected who cares. * A little sanding and filling not a huge deal.

The grill section is pretty much spotless. *Happy with this, much better than my previous bumper. *It even has a little piece to attach the grill to so it can be secured better like the oem bumper.

Name:  0ef310b6.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  46.4 KB

The passenger's side fog light fits like a glove and this bumper even has tabs and cups to secure the fog light. *On the left side things fit perfectly. *On the ride side *not so perfect. *Clearly the mold for the support for the fog light has sagged in enough that the fog light will not slide all the way back. *Little heat or possibly some cutting /shaving will take care of it. *Again no big deal, better than anything i have had before.

Name:  91efe1a5.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  52.2 KB

So far so good really. *On to what actually pissed me off a bit. *The high beam holes. *Now on a good number of other units the kit company doesn't cut these out you as a customer have to which I personally prefer cause I am going to cut the hole with a lot more care than anyone else. *Now on this bumper I don't think those parts are cut just molded with that space void. *The drivers side is not bad at all.

Name:  d5401949.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  49.6 KB

A little shave here and a little fill in a couple of the visible notches or chips. *On to the passengers side, which is the spot that is absolutely not*acceptable*and clearly visible to the naked eye. *100% *a quality control issue at the factory and for me will require a lot of work and unfortunately due to its location always be a weak point.

Name:  c8e72123.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  49.3 KB

Gaps are gaps, but this is just ridiculous and could easily have been quality controlled or prevented *by just simply not molding the holes or cutting them out. *Mold the indent for the hole and let the customer cut it out. *It would make life so much easier for the*customer*to fit this constant trouble area on these after market bumpers to their car.

This is duraflex material which means it has some flex to it and is semi close oem bumper material. *Any of you paint and body guys have suggests of what i should fill that giant gap with. *My concern is fiberglass*matte*and resin may be to rigid attached to the duraflex in that area and lead to constant cracking
Old 08-25-12, 06:23 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

WOW pass side high beam is super off.
Old 08-25-12, 07:22 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy moly that high beam hole is baddddddd
Old 08-25-12, 07:24 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

dude at tht point i would just shave the lights/no holes. i think it would look good but always feel like its missing something.
Old 08-27-12, 09:37 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey RonTom, let me know if you want to swap out the front bumper for another. That high beam hole is not acceptable by my standards. Thanks!
Old 08-27-12, 09:42 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

pm'd you. Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit