SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-12, 04:05 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fliaznguy
I have been reading this over the last few days and decided not really to get involved. There has been quite a bit in the line of negative comments that have been tossed around here and I didn't want to be part of that. I'd like to applaud anyone that has a product for something I own. If it's of cheap quality, you live and you learn. You just don't buy from them anymore. I have however seen some neat stuff come from ED in the past. Yes, it required a bit of modification to get it to fit right. However, with time and patience (and money) the end result didn't look terrible by any sense of the word. On the flipside however, the marketing means is not what I'd call a good thing. Using someone else's car with a completely different product than the one you're selling...Eh...It happened. It's out in the open...We move on. The reason I decided to even comment on this thread however is that I have a bumper in my shop right now from a customer that needed a replacement. She didn't want to go with an OEM as she was quoted $1100 - $1300 for a replacement. As such, she stumbled across ED. Thinking it was a good deal to order a $200 bumper, she did. She didn't seek out any assistance or input from someone in the automotive field at all. Being a friend of mine, she just let me know that she ordered one. I assumed that it was from the manufacturer direct. However, when I saw it, I realized that it was in fact from ED. I spoke with our body guy at the shop as well as our painter. Both stated that it was going to take a tremendous amount of work to get it to fit right. Additionally, there were cracks and chips in the bumper itself. They advised said friend to return the bumper as the "good deal" that she got on this part was going to quickly turn incredibly expensive to get it on there at all. The problem that I'm having with this situation is that ED advised her that she could in fact return it but that she would be responsible for the shipping cost. It ran her $200 to buy the bumper, $200 to ship it. Now, she has to ship it back for another $200 in order to get a $200 refund for the bumper itself...There was never mention that she would be reimbursed for the shipping at all...

Point proven

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Let me know when you have something to say to my response that you all were waiting on. Rather then be an instigator. Thanks.
This is a public forum, He is voicing an opinion on the matter. How is that being an instigator? I feel its totally valid in this topic?
Old 03-02-12, 04:16 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Point proven

This is a public forum, He is voicing an opinion on the matter. How is that being an instigator? I feel its totally valid in this topic?
People here respect you, I respect that. But very honestly, we don't have all the details of his friends purchase. 90% of the time people think that they have ordered through us, but in reality they've ordered through a reseller of ours. When a customer is unhappy and it comes time to refund/exchange the product, sometimes the vendor doesn't want to do it. So we are unable to step in, only because the customer didn't purchase from us directly. That is all I am trying to say, whether you want to purchase an authentic kit or purchase a replica, make sure you go direct to the manufacturer. You can only hold us responsible for not fixing a problem when it comes directly from us, not from us to a middle man to the customer.
Old 03-02-12, 07:00 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
People here respect you, I respect that. But very honestly, we don't have all the details of his friends purchase. 90% of the time people think that they have ordered through us, but in reality they've ordered through a reseller of ours. When a customer is unhappy and it comes time to refund/exchange the product, sometimes the vendor doesn't want to do it. So we are unable to step in, only because the customer didn't purchase from us directly. That is all I am trying to say, whether you want to purchase an authentic kit or purchase a replica, make sure you go direct to the manufacturer. You can only hold us responsible for not fixing a problem when it comes directly from us, not from us to a middle man to the customer.
I feel like this is such a cop-out. Your telling me that your product could be horrendously made and handled with awful fitment, But because a reseller was involved you are no longer held accountable? That would be like Toyota claiming zero fault for their acceleration issues and blaming it completely on the dealerships...

My thought is if you are such a large company why do you have to deal with middle men? At the end of the Day YOUR name is on the product not the middleman.

you are essentially shooting yourself in the foot here. You trusting your name and your product to another company... they trash Your name and you catch all the flak..
Again if you are such a huge company why are you dealing with middlemen and mid-dealers, You have your own site and own facility that you said house's 1000's of products. Why would you ever allow another company to get involved?

This leads to my "cop out" statement. Your passing the blame to some one else to try and dodge the bullet. If you offer a product with a 100% money back and all that jazz... then that warranty should be honored regardless of who is selling it... If not then they shouldn't be involved with your product because ultimately its your *** on the line and not theirs
Old 03-03-12, 12:56 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll have to wait and see how they fit on a real car..
Old 03-03-12, 06:57 PM
azndan2
Driver

I bought an extreme dimensions kit for my 240sx last year. It had poor fitment, a fender came cracked, it required a ton of prep work, and the fiberglass cracked after a few months. Definitely not a quality product.
Old 03-05-12, 12:22 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

So guys, one of our customers ordered some of the VSpeed Widebody pieces for his car. I believe he has the original kit and he just needed some replacement pieces. Enjoy.

Old 03-05-12, 01:48 PM
Blaxxus
Rookie

Fitment looks good, I wonder how the front bumper w/ lip fits
Old 03-05-12, 01:51 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

I'll shoot an email over to the customer but I think he has the front already, not from us.
Old 03-05-12, 02:08 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope these pictures put an end to the bashing already ... For now
Old 03-05-12, 02:11 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DoomLight
I hope these pictures put an end to the bashing already ... For now
I hope so too, I am currently in the process of dealing with an overseas customer who is in the process of doing a bank transfer, so we can ship out his kit. Once he gets it installed and painted I will ask him to post pics! Thanks DoomLight
Old 03-05-12, 05:23 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Just curious what you mean by "original kit" for that kit? your original kit, or "the version we borrowed from" ?

it looks pretty good. I saw something off, but I'lll let it slide, due to the cost difference between the two.
you definitely need professional pictures of your products, that's my #1 complaint.
Old 03-05-12, 05:25 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BenStoked
Just curious what you mean by "original kit" for that kit? your original kit, or "the version we borrowed from" ?

it looks pretty good. I saw something off, but I'lll let it slide, due to the cost difference between the two.
you definitely need professional pictures of your products, that's my #1 complaint.
lol.. well i meant the remainder of the kit isn't ours, just the black pieces.. just trying to be honest here..

I agree on the professional pictures, waiting on an international customer to send me an bank transfer and he may be the first to get us pics!
Old 03-05-12, 06:10 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

actually looks pretty good so far
Old 03-06-12, 10:42 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
actually looks pretty good so far
thank you sir!