SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 03:52 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SpecialK47
I think people are mad at spending all this money on a kit, when something comparable is so much cheaper.

Don't hate. Want to dump crazy amounts of cash on an authentic kit in an effort to try and save money on body work, or because its an ego boost to say your ***** is bigger because you have have the "real" kit, that's fine. Don't hate because I'd rather get the kit for a 10th of the cost. And I would bet whatever fitment issues you had, whatever extra body work you had to pay for, you'd still have it cheaper than the "real" kit.

TL/DR - Don't hate.

lol your a funny one

Lets take a look at some of there other fitment...
Name:  blahblah.png
Views: 451
Size:  313.1 KB
Name:  blah.png
Views: 415
Size:  254.9 KB

Real product...

How is this, in ANYWAY, shape or form COMPARABLE to the REAL product?

If you want to spend all your hard earned money on a POS knock off kit that will NEVER fit correctly unless you dump thousands of dollars into it to make it match right then be my guest. My old body shop charges 110$ an hour for labor and that's not even including the materials for the job =) So please, Go ahead and buy this and when you post up about how it doesn't fit like the picture I will gladly be the first one to step up and say I told you so.

So please, Ignore People like Eliteskill and all the others who have learned from watching their hard earned money be stripped away bit by bit because they tried to save a bit when it came to the initial purchase of their kit. at the end of the day its your money, if you want to buy garbage and help continue the pirating of products then thats your choice But dont for a single second think that the reason I and Others are steping up and trying to guide you in the right direction is because we are looking for an Ego boost or concerned about the size of our *****...That's deft and down right childish.

Last edited by JDMmuscle; 02-28-12 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 04:16 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ can I hugz You.. <3 I was just about to post pictures from their site as well... =D

Last edited by eliteskill; 02-28-12 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 04:22 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eliteskill
^ can I hugz You.. <3 I was just about to post pictures from there site as well... =D
I would love a hug
Old 02-28-12, 04:23 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
I would love a hug
saved me 10min at work..
Old 02-28-12, 04:29 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

PS, the fact that you had to Doctor a photo of an SC rocking a legit kit in order to sell your knock off is down right wrong and should be considered false advertising... People will be buying this thinking its going to fit just the the picture... You are going to have alot of angry and disappointed customers.

Sickening...
Old 02-28-12, 07:54 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still dont understand how a company can sell a product that it has never tested. Did this just pop out of the mold and BAM listed on the internet with a thumbs up and a good luck guys?

oh wait... its ok because you can exchange parts till you get one that works.. right?
Old 02-28-12, 08:28 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Vertex= quality. You're paying for quality and design. What ED has done with using an authentic kit in their ad, and saying its their kit is lying to their customers...which last time I checked was not quality customer service.
Old 02-28-12, 10:03 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

I just'd texted message autoboy right now to tell em ED just stole his car and photoshoped it on their website... I wonder if autoboy can legally tell them to not use his car on their website without his permission. ED seriously wow...

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/a...-duraflex.html

and.. from our Senior Moderator and CL Editor rominl
http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-l...imensions.html

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=164611.0

http://www.3si.org/forum/f119/extrem...flawed-477716/

http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...ons-sucks.html

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho....php?p=3765216

http://forums.nicoclub.com/extreme-d...s-t449418.html

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/198785-extr...its-sucks.html

http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=170691

if you guys are lazy to google... this is how other forums feel as well.

If you read around CL.. they steal and photoshop alot of members cars displayin it as their own kits they are selling.

Last edited by eliteskill; 02-29-12 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-28-12, 10:23 PM
SpecialK47
Driver

I understand the hate for using pictures of the real kit. That isn't right, I can agree with you there. I was talking about the hating on them for making a knock off in general.

As for autoboy's legal rights to have them take the image down, he probably doesn't have any. Fair use and all.
Old 02-28-12, 10:44 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

mmmm i can see everyones opinions on the matter; pmed and we'll see what happens here. im not a fan of aggressive kits.......or kits at all honestly but i might be the test bunny here.
Old 02-29-12, 12:05 AM
DJVe
Driver

actually he does have legal rights, because ed is using his car (a picture of it) for financial gain without his consent. they either must pay him for using it at a rate negotiated between them or they must cease use of the images. law school ftw!

JDM Muscle, I was starting to think I was the only one who thought this way, thank you for dropping your experience and wisdom in this.
Old 02-29-12, 12:25 AM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

I agree with you guys, but sometimes there is a need for such stuff. I'd buy one just so i can throw it on, not worry about my shine bumper getting ruined at the track, wouldnt even bother painting it, and would care less about fitment. Know what your getting and understand its limitations and use it, if it serves any of your needs. Just don't buy this kit expecting it to be something its not (which the company seems to trying to advertise, which actually seems kinda shady)
Old 02-29-12, 01:30 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sleepyboi
I agree with you guys, but sometimes there is a need for such stuff. I'd buy one just so i can throw it on, not worry about my shine bumper getting ruined at the track, wouldnt even bother painting it, and would care less about fitment. Know what your getting and understand its limitations and use it, if it serves any of your needs. Just don't buy this kit expecting it to be something its not (which the company seems to trying to advertise, which actually seems kinda shady)
the vet crowd isnt against the need for this stuff; theyre making three separate arguments:
1. they've used a picture without permission and edited as if they had not
2. you get what you pay for.
3. theyre making use of line 1 to manipulate those into thinking line 2 is false.
Old 02-29-12, 01:32 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

im against cheaper items unless theyre homemade, and even more so of super aggressive cars (ie kohinoor's car; while i respect the hell out of all the work that went into and how awesome it is, i just prefer oem); but im willing to try this out if the price is right for the hell of it. il lhave extra paint anyways. we'll see what they say for the first person pricing.
Old 02-29-12, 05:16 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Where you at E.D. ? I would love to hear how your customer service is going to validate itself here..

Quick Reply: 1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit