SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 05:29 AM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a suggestion you guys should consider a mild widebody kit. Like say a set off fenders and rear quarters that have a widebody lip but can be used universally with any bumpers and side skirt. I'd sure love to have a widebody but I'm not a fan of any of the kits really. like my oem 97 look
Old 02-28-12, 08:28 AM
HanshinTgr
Driver School Candidate

I think this kit looks really good. Wish I could afford it even with the CL discount. One of these days this kit will be mine!!! You could use my car to check the fitment and post pics if you'd like. I live in Orange 92868
Old 02-28-12, 09:25 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Quit hating Kohinoor!
lol aint mad. save $2k on body kit? ok. you will still spend $10-15k on proper body work and paint, proper wheels/tires, suspension, etc.

you cant get away from the ancillary costs.
Old 02-28-12, 10:45 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 who else is going to counterfeit/knock off kits for us? Some of us enjoy buying cheap imitation stuff and pass it off as genuine. Quit hating Kohinoor!

BTW, I love the comparison between Armani and Banana Republic...It would be more like comparing Armani to the flea market shirt.

Makes me wanna buy a SC and put this kit on, paint it ISF blue...
Buy an SC!!

Originally Posted by levie
i hope that more companies show an intreats in our cars. thank you, and honestly, pretty nice kit, you get exactly what you pay for, and for how inexpensive it is, it looks really nice.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by ads_mobile
Pm me please with special pricing and shipping to 94066, ca, pictures of actual kit would be helpful.
Shoot me PM if you are really interested in this kit.

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
Hmm...i have an extra SC atm i would probably be able to lend ya for test fit.
I will keep that in mind but we may have an individual locally who is interested in our partial sponsorship.

Originally Posted by DJVe
i have no problem with you offering a less expensive kit than vertex for people who cannot afford vertex. price here is not the issue. it is the fact that you are just blatantly ripping off someone else's creative work. i don't know enough about fashion to understand the comparison. but using the "i'm poor" excuse does not justify ripping off a company. i want a ferrari. i cannot afford one. tough luck. if people want vertex, but cannot afford it, tough luck. either work more and save up, or stick with what you have. and for people trying to argue that we should applaud extreme dimensions for supporting the sc community.... supporting it with a knock off piece of crap does not compare to the support that Ueno brought to the sc community. If it wasn't for Ueno, a lot of companies would not have even thought of supporting the SC as it is. If ED was knocking off some obscure company, whatever, but Ueno has done more for the SC world then ED ever will or can.
We are not trying to compare ourselves with Ueno or anyone else. No one is asking anyone here to buy something they don't want. Granted when getting on a forum people will express their opinions, some respectfully and others are just complete.. well you get the point. As far as using the "im poor" excuse, its a valid one. The economy won't allow it to be any other way. If you were rich you will stay rich, if you were middle class your probably on the border line of being poor soon. What I mean by that is that you are unable to maintain the same lifestyle as a few years ago. But, it doesn't mean just because we priced it so low that it will have issues. In order to make this community believe in some of our products I am offering a partial sponsorship and you guys will have a write up on this widebody in the near future. We just want to offer a cheaper alternative, with less wait time. I guarantee someone here will mess up something on their authentic kit sooner or later and they are going to want to replace it, but do you really want to pay $500-$800 for overseas shipping plus the cost of the part? When you can get it for a 3rd of the price? I know the car market has always been driven by price, it's always a determine factor and it always will be. Remember the worlds population has more middle class/poor people then they do wealthy ones.

Originally Posted by DKJZZ30
My issue is how the fitment of a $1000 wide body kit is gonna be and that we haven't seen pics of the kit yet. Like kohinoor said that's just a photoshop of autoboys car with a legit vertex kit.

And you get what you pay for, how good is the durability going to be. My origin kit cost almost the same and it fit like garbage and I have broken the front bumper 3 times. I wouldn't wanna get the kit then spend so much having it fitted nicely that I could have bought authentic.

It would be cool to have some durability and fitment info.
I completely get your point. But heres the great thing, if the kit doesn't fit.. say the fenders don't reach all the way back to your door panel. I will replace it out for you completely free of charge. What if the second set I sent doesn't fit? Then I will be more then happy to a) give you a partial refund for extra modification work or b) a complete refund. We stand behind our product and you will not be disappointed with our Customer Service.

Originally Posted by SpecialK47
If you want a Ferrari but can't afford it, its not tough ****, you buy a kit car.

If you want Vertex but can't afford it, you buy a cheaper off brand, like this ED kit.

It's like that with everything in life. Want the real thing but can't afford it? Buy a knock off.
Yep, that's so true. Im about to go pick up the new Louie bag for my girl..

Originally Posted by rcchris7
Just a suggestion you guys should consider a mild widebody kit. Like say a set off fenders and rear quarters that have a widebody lip but can be used universally with any bumpers and side skirt. I'd sure love to have a widebody but I'm not a fan of any of the kits really. like my oem 97 look
Noted. Thanks!

Originally Posted by HanshinTgr
I think this kit looks really good. Wish I could afford it even with the CL discount. One of these days this kit will be mine!!! You could use my car to check the fitment and post pics if you'd like. I live in Orange 92868
I appreciate the generous offer. I have a few PMs on the partial sponsorship so if it doesn't pan out then I will reference back to this thread.

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
lol aint mad. save $2k on body kit? ok. you will still spend $10-15k on proper body work and paint, proper wheels/tires, suspension, etc.

you cant get away from the ancillary costs.
So your saying because you bought an authentic kit that your paint job wasn't as much? Anytime you paint a complete vehicle it costs $$$$$ especially if your going with a new color, pearl no pearl, painting the inside of the engine bay, etc etc. Cars this old will definitely need body work for dings/dengs or imperfections. If it costs your more money to modify our kit then the cost of the actual kit then I will gladly take it back and fix any problems the mold has.
Old 02-28-12, 11:16 AM
Phamtom
Rookie

^ Seems like a very stand up guy. I haven't gotten anything from them (yet) but I would feel confident in their customer service and support as seen so far. I can't justify getting an authentic kit because it will just be ruined on the track and over speed bumps and road imperfections so this kit seems like, without a doubt, one of the best deals for me. Yes, I could afford to buy a real Ridge system, but will I? No. No sense in wasting 3k every time I tap a wall or clip a corner (and probably end up crying about it lol). I'll be ordering soon and I'll take detailed pictures of the install and an honest review of my impressions upon installing, prepping and painting.
Old 02-28-12, 11:31 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Phamtom
^ Seems like a very stand up guy. I haven't gotten anything from them (yet) but I would feel confident in their customer service and support as seen so far. I can't justify getting an authentic kit because it will just be ruined on the track and over speed bumps and road imperfections so this kit seems like, without a doubt, one of the best deals for me. Yes, I could afford to buy a real Ridge system, but will I? No. No sense in wasting 3k every time I tap a wall or clip a corner (and probably end up crying about it lol). I'll be ordering soon and I'll take detailed pictures of the install and an honest review of my impressions upon installing, prepping and painting.
Thank you very much for your feedback Sean. I look forward to working with you on this!
Old 02-28-12, 12:20 PM
DJVe
Driver

We are not trying to compare ourselves with Ueno or anyone else. No one is asking anyone here to buy something they don't want. Granted when getting on a forum people will express their opinions, some respectfully and others are just complete.. well you get the point. As far as using the "im poor" excuse, its a valid one. The economy won't allow it to be any other way. If you were rich you will stay rich, if you were middle class your probably on the border line of being poor soon. What I mean by that is that you are unable to maintain the same lifestyle as a few years ago. But, it doesn't mean just because we priced it so low that it will have issues. In order to make this community believe in some of our products I am offering a partial sponsorship and you guys will have a write up on this widebody in the near future. We just want to offer a cheaper alternative, with less wait time. I guarantee someone here will mess up something on their authentic kit sooner or later and they are going to want to replace it, but do you really want to pay $500-$800 for overseas shipping plus the cost of the part? When you can get it for a 3rd of the price? I know the car market has always been driven by price, it's always a determine factor and it always will be. Remember the worlds population has more middle class/poor people then they do wealthy ones.
I sincerely applaud your effort to bring a more affordable products to the market. I don't even doubt that you won't stand behind your product if there are any issues. I have never dealt with you before, so I cannot speak to your customer service, but if you are a company of your words, then that's awesome. More companies could learn how to have hassle free service from you. But this does not excuse what amounts to theft. Clearly it goes on across the globe, but this does not make it correct. One of the reasons the SC is so cool was that it was not a poor man's BMW or Mercedes. Toyota put such an effort into creating a uniquely Toyota spirited car, and it was cheaper than the BMW's and Benzes too! So if you want to offer something, awesome. But offer an Extreme Dimensions kit. Not some wannabe crap. Right now there are not even many respected styles here in the SC community. There is the Origin kit, the Vertex kit, and the AC kit. How cool would it have been if ED offered the newest and coolest kit in response to these. That's what earns you respect. How does copy and pasting anywhere near correspond to a company called Extreme Dimensions. I would have expected a ***** to the wall widebody that made me go .
Old 02-28-12, 12:28 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DJVe
I sincerely applaud your effort to bring a more affordable products to the market. I don't even doubt that you won't stand behind your product if there are any issues. I have never dealt with you before, so I cannot speak to your customer service, but if you are a company of your words, then that's awesome. More companies could learn how to have hassle free service from you. But this does not excuse what amounts to theft. Clearly it goes on across the globe, but this does not make it correct. One of the reasons the SC is so cool was that it was not a poor man's BMW or Mercedes. Toyota put such an effort into creating a uniquely Toyota spirited car, and it was cheaper than the BMW's and Benzes too! So if you want to offer something, awesome. But offer an Extreme Dimensions kit. Not some wannabe crap. Right now there are not even many respected styles here in the SC community. There is the Origin kit, the Vertex kit, and the AC kit. How cool would it have been if ED offered the newest and coolest kit in response to these. That's what earns you respect. How does copy and pasting anywhere near correspond to a company called Extreme Dimensions. I would have expected a ***** to the wall widebody that made me go .
I feel the passion in your words and I know the SC owners are a very passion driven breed of individuals. But, at the end of the day we have to be realistic. In order to prototype a part for a vehicle that was last produced in 2000 is a bit difficult. Granted there is demand here, but when we go and prototype an authentic ED kit, 99% of the time its for newer vehicles. The market is not great for older cars. You may or may not understand this, but our market research shows that investing time and money into a car that is more then 12 years old isn't very feasible. I would love to do something custom, but its not my company.
Old 02-28-12, 12:28 PM
DJVe
Driver

actually disregard what I said above, after taking a look at your website, I didn't realize ALL of you kits were knockoff kits (at least for the SC). I apologize, I thought you were a body kit company that decided to copy the vertex kit in this instance. I had no idea your entire company was built on selling knockoff crap. As such there is no point arguing with you about it. good luck with whatever it is you do.
Old 02-28-12, 01:07 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol @ this kit bashing. I will reserve judgement when i see one installed with pics of out of the box and fitment.

I had the ait kit and it fit like Gah-bidge so I sold it and lost 170 bucks and decided to go 97+ oem look.
Old 02-28-12, 02:17 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
That is the exact kit we are selling.

No its not, The kit pictured is an Authentic Vertex Ridge kit Photoshopped to look like a different car... Please don't lie to people here.

The Reason that the vertex kit is over 9,000$ is because of the countless hours of fitting and testing that went into it. When installed there is ZERO fitment issues. No tweaking needs to be made to Fit them and gap them properly.

Your kit however will need to have modifications done to insure OEM style fitment out of the box.

I appreciate that you are trying to offer us stuff for our cars but it REALLY pisses me off when you use a picture of a car that has had 10's of 1000's of dollars in REAL authentic parts to sell your knock off stuff. Autoboy was and still is one of the greats and I bet your people didn't even ask to use his picture or even credit the photo to him...

This is a knock off part, Not an authentic. Please dont kid people into thinking this will fit and meet oem fitment standards right out of the box
Old 02-28-12, 02:20 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Makes me wanna buy a SC and put this kit on, paint it ISF blue...
I lawled

/10chars
Old 02-28-12, 02:39 PM
SpecialK47
Driver

I think people are mad at spending all this money on a kit, when something comparable is so much cheaper.

Don't hate. Want to dump crazy amounts of cash on an authentic kit in an effort to try and save money on body work, or because its an ego boost to say your ***** is bigger because you have have the "real" kit, that's fine. Don't hate because I'd rather get the kit for a 10th of the cost. And I would bet whatever fitment issues you had, whatever extra body work you had to pay for, you'd still have it cheaper than the "real" kit.

TL/DR - Don't hate.
Old 02-28-12, 03:40 PM
DKJZZ30
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SpecialK47
I think people are mad at spending all this money on a kit, when something comparable is so much cheaper.

Don't hate. Want to dump crazy amounts of cash on an authentic kit in an effort to try and save money on body work, or because its an ego boost to say your ***** is bigger because you have have the "real" kit, that's fine. Don't hate because I'd rather get the kit for a 10th of the cost. And I would bet whatever fitment issues you had, whatever extra body work you had to pay for, you'd still have it cheaper than the "real" kit.

TL/DR - Don't hate.

There is no being mad about there being a cheaper kit out there. The face is that a vertex bumper for example can be bolted on, scuffed and painted. You say spending the money on an authentic kit wont save tou money in the long run? When side skirts are 1/8' to short or the bumper doesnt fit properly that adds up fast. Pay a body shop for 40hrs of labour at 70$ an hour just to fit your kit amd see where you come out ahead. Plus go to the vertex site and look at the picture of their bumper that was run over at 80mph on the track. Thats quality.

We all really do appreciate the fact that they are trying to support the SC but you need to consider both sides of the argument. FYI this kit is nowhere near a 10th of the price.
Old 02-28-12, 03:48 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Actually we arent hating because its not authentic/copy.. we are hating on how the company is selling this product. Correct, people dont have as much money to buy authentic, but please dont get ripped off trying to cut corners..
I have much respect for say.... SHINE AUTO (AC Rep) as their KITs fit WELL! and they post pictures of the exact car they put it on and show everyone this is what we offer (in detail real life pictures).

Ill rather a company that wants to sell us something NOT RIP OFF a picture of another veteran (autoboy) car (without his permission) and then photoshop it and present it as their kit and (illusion of fitment). If they really wanted to help out community and not just present this to make $$$ please sponser one stock SC and post pictures of it on that car so we can all see how it fits.

Others that are calling us haters...Go buy a kit from Extreme D.. and see how it fits... many of my friends and others have been thru their crap over the past years of my modding career. In various car forums. Google search....

If you come back crying about how it doesnt fit and how much $$$ you needed to spend at the body shop, or when you cant get your refund from their ""great customer service""

Dont look for Me... jdm muscle... or Kohinoor .. but hey what do we know? Not like we are veterans or built many amazinggg SCs... oh wait.. we do...

I had a REAL Vertex Ridge Kit.. it fit 100% perfect didnt mod anything. I hope this kit does the same for you guys.

Last edited by eliteskill; 02-28-12 at 04:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit