SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lextech lighting just arrived!!! 56k WARNING!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-14, 10:41 PM
SC400begin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jennie
Hearing all these horror stories with lextech makes me sad.

You should edit your first post to warn people about their shoddy work.
INTIMAZY replace the original post with a before and after pic!
Old 05-15-14, 01:16 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

I've read a lot to put me off Lextech when it comes time for a cluster repair. The previous owner of my car had the 5-speed cluster replaced by Lexus at around 100k miles or so and it's still going strong (although I did replace the fuel gauge with a brand new OEM unit at 190k).

Are there any other (trustworthy) SC cluster rebuilders anyone here can recommend to keep in mind for the future?
Old 05-15-14, 08:59 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i did mine my self not to to bad

Old 12-04-14, 02:03 PM
RotaSpinna
Rookie

Lextech has had my cluster for over a month. Just for needles. Never again.
Old 12-04-14, 04:51 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Rota you are f......Ed!

Did you not read all the threads on this guy. Without question the worst I have ever seen.
Old 05-14-15, 08:14 PM
koolina13
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LexTech -Don't deal with these people

Purchased a set of standard backlighting bulbs from these guys. They took my payment and never sent anything. When questioned about where the package was, they told me to "F" off. Haven't received the bulbs nor my money back. These guys are bad news!
Old 05-14-15, 08:22 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Hope it wasn't recent.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 05-14-15, 09:04 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by koolina13
Purchased a set of standard backlighting bulbs from these guys. They took my payment and never sent anything. When questioned about where the package was, they told me to "F" off. Haven't received the bulbs nor my money back. These guys are bad news!
Sorry to hear that happened to you. Many of us got screwed over by Lextech. I'm lucky that I got my cluster back and never got a chance to send it back for repairs. It's better broken than in their hands.
Old 05-16-15, 02:54 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by koolina13
Hopefully you paid with a credit card - that way you can contact your CC company and dispute the purchase. If they find your claim is valid they will remove the charge from your account and deal with the seller.
Old 05-16-15, 05:04 PM
dricacho
Rookie

Wow...I was considering buying the needles from them since after reading several DIY's, I realized that dealing with them is beyond my experience. I can replace the rest of the bulbs in the cluster, climate control, and center console. So now, is there anyone else that can fix these needles?
Old 05-16-15, 07:52 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by dricacho
Wow...I was considering buying the needles from them since after reading several DIY's, I realized that dealing with them is beyond my experience. I can replace the rest of the bulbs in the cluster, climate control, and center console. So now, is there anyone else that can fix these needles?
Tanin. Everyone has reported being happy with them.

I've also been wanting to try something I read awhile back, using thermal paste on the back of the needles where the little cracks develop. It's the stuff used on computer CPUs. It supposedly addresses the needle flicker, but I'm not sure if it can bring a burnt out needle back from the grave. I've got one that flickers half the time and a good spare waiting to replace it...just haven't bothered to pull the hood off yet to re-do it.
Old 05-18-15, 07:26 AM
ems
Lead Lap

I love tanin, everytime i show the car its one of the first thing people comment on. It usually sounds like "ah dude bro! these gauges are sick bro!" me- "outta the car... bro"

I did the blue tips and white back, and its just superb, it really makes the set look good.
Old 05-18-15, 10:56 AM
koolina13
Driver

Default LexTech lighting - Don't buy from these guys!

Unfortunately, I paid them through my PayPal account, they wouldn't cover the dispute, so I lost about $47 including shipping however, it could've been worse, after I heard some of the horror stories on here. At least I know not to have anything to do with these guys anymore. Horrible CS, they told me the shipped out a second packgae to replace the one that didn't arrive, never received either. They then accused me of mail fraud because I filed a complaint with PayPal, what a joke. I then asked them about wire fraud, which is what they would be guilty of, never heard back from these clowns. Do business with these idiots if you like, I'm done, I can get them through Ebay at leass than half the price it cost me to deal with these guys.
Old 05-19-15, 02:10 PM
dricacho
Rookie

Tanin's price on the cluster repair seems very reasonable. I'm going to send mine in. I noticed that they also repair the climate control but for bulb replacement only not addressing the bleeding LCD display. Does anyone have any recommendation? I've been trying to look for a used '92 climate control but most of them have bleeding display. It's rare to find one that doesn't have this.
Old 05-19-15, 02:12 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Of course we do the LCD replacement
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Quick Reply: Lextech lighting just arrived!!! 56k WARNING!