SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Soarer 1jz/r154 into 97 auto sc300 help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-12, 05:19 PM
Catracho30
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Soarer 1jz/r154 into 97 auto sc300 help!

so i have a full soarer 1jz and r154 and im putting it into my a auto 97 sc300.now i have everything plugged up and every single plug fit fine.but when i turn the key i get no crank.i here the fuel pump moving so i got that out of the way. ive been reading up and people talk about a NSS that needs to be bypassed.i looked at Biggus thread and the starter relay on mine is purple not black. and the black plug with foam is white with foam.i did everything in his thread but still no crank.

could i just jump the starter to a ignition wire instead.

all help is greatly appreciated as this is my first turbo swap ever and all on my own lol
Old 01-06-12, 06:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Explain in detail how you did the wiring...
Old 01-07-12, 12:03 AM
Catracho30
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Explain in detail how you did the wiring...
nothing much really.just extended the body plugs, didnt touch the main harness at all.i sodered and heat shrink wrapped them.
Old 01-07-12, 05:42 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that relay thing didnt work for me either. u must have a full 1jz soarer manual swap.

most of the folks that do a swap on here. get a soarer swap with an automatic, then put a manual trans on it and jumper the Neutral Safety Switch.

i ran a wire from the starter relay to the ignition switch and tucked it inside the fuse box and inside the wheel well and zip tied it good.

i believe its the number 5 spot on the relay plug to the thick black / white wire on the ignition switch.

that will get ur car to start.
Old 01-07-12, 09:07 AM
Catracho30
Rookie

Originally Posted by DoomLight
that relay thing didnt work for me either. u must have a full 1jz soarer manual swap.

most of the folks that do a swap on here. get a soarer swap with an automatic, then put a manual trans on it and jumper the Neutral Safety Switch.

i ran a wire from the starter relay to the ignition switch and tucked it inside the fuse box and inside the wheel well and zip tied it good.

i believe its the number 5 spot on the relay plug to the thick black / white wire on the ignition switch.

that will get ur car to start.
thank you sir, this is exactly what i needed.i was splicing into spot number 3 not 5.now my other question is that everytime the key is in the second position it cranks, not when i fully turn it.is this normal?

nevermind, problem fixed

Last edited by Catracho30; 01-07-12 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-07-12, 02:59 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

So you just bought a soarer motor set and extended the wires then dropped it in? I am curious if the fact a 97 is obd2 and the early 1jz is not.

Did it plug right in as far as body plugs?
Old 01-07-12, 03:18 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

I have to look at mine again. I will update tomorrow on Sunday. Should crank only when u twist past "on"
Old 01-07-12, 03:31 PM
Catracho30
Rookie

Originally Posted by xspsi6
So you just bought a soarer motor set and extended the wires then dropped it in? I am curious if the fact a 97 is obd2 and the early 1jz is not.

Did it plug right in as far as body plugs?
yes. but i bought a entire clip.what i did was i drilled a 2 inch whole next to the gas pedal and ran the harness tru there.the ecu went into stock position and the body plugs needed about 10 inches to extend so it wasnt too bad.

All the body plugs were exactly the same as my obd2 sc300 and harness wise aswell.the only thing that wasnt the same was a the abs computer.
Old 01-07-12, 03:33 PM
Catracho30
Rookie

Originally Posted by DoomLight
I have to look at mine again. I will update tomorrow on Sunday. Should crank only when u twist past "on"
i had spliced onto the wrong black and white cable.once i tapped into the right one, it crank only when "twist on"
Old 01-07-12, 03:34 PM
Catracho30
Rookie

Car is fully fuctional now!!
Old 01-10-12, 12:55 PM
junkyard03
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catracho30
yes. but i bought a entire clip.what i did was i drilled a 2 inch whole next to the gas pedal and ran the harness tru there.the ecu went into stock position and the body plugs needed about 10 inches to extend so it wasnt too bad.

All the body plugs were exactly the same as my obd2 sc300 and harness wise aswell.the only thing that wasnt the same was a the abs computer.
are you sure ? i have a 97 as well working on 1.5. i keep searching and a couple people told me that some pins have to bne switched for the gauges to turn off . i have a 94 soarer harness for mine

im glad i've run into someone else doing a similar swap now
Old 01-10-12, 03:27 PM
Catracho30
Rookie

Originally Posted by junkyard03
are you sure ? i have a 97 as well working on 1.5. i keep searching and a couple people told me that some pins have to bne switched for the gauges to turn off . i have a 94 soarer harness for mine

im glad i've run into someone else doing a similar swap now
what gauges are you talking about.i havent put my cluster back on since im still doing a couple of things.but i turned on the car and it runs flawlessly. all the body plugs where the same.im not sure what year my soarer was from but it was manual and my sc is auto and everything fit the same.
Old 01-10-12, 09:13 PM
junkyard03
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catracho30
what gauges are you talking about.i havent put my cluster back on since im still doing a couple of things.but i turned on the car and it runs flawlessly. all the body plugs where the same.im not sure what year my soarer was from but it was manual and my sc is auto and everything fit the same.
the soarer one i have is auto but i dont think theres a lot of difference between them . i guess we shall see lol what did you do about the abs ones ? can you show pics maybe
Old 01-10-12, 11:39 PM
Catracho30
Rookie

Originally Posted by junkyard03
the soarer one i have is auto but i dont think theres a lot of difference between them . i guess we shall see lol what did you do about the abs ones ? can you show pics maybe
i didnt do anything.i left it without the abs computer.
Old 01-11-12, 06:29 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

i got my manual swap into my auto and fed my harness thru the stock hole.

i had to extend the body plugs about 18 inches, but the engine harness plugs i didnt touch. read to much horror stories with knock sensors.

so i had this made... using plugs and ecu from a 3VZ-FE camry/es300.

Quick Reply: Soarer 1jz/r154 into 97 auto sc300 help!