What Should I Do With My High Beams?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-12, 10:10 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greens14
lets see pics of current front end!
Here's a pic from a while back. Ive touched up, fixed and finished it since then.
Notice how I blacked out the high beams so that they'd match the headlights, ya, no more reflection.

Originally Posted by uras300
Deleted high beams. I recall Ms. Emerald used to rock the look long ago along with a few members on here..

I really like this but the fact that I know somethings missing is driving me nuts. It also reminds me of Uma Thurman, like its eyes are way too far apart.

Originally Posted by Luxor
Swap out your plastic high beams for glass high beams.
Why? As soon as I'm finished replacing all my bushings I'm gonna get a set of ebay headlights and high beams for the clear lenses.
Old 01-05-12, 10:25 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it, but it would be hard to pass inspection without high beams though
Old 01-05-12, 10:41 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ihiryu
I like it, but it would be hard to pass inspection without high beams though
Pass what inspection?

I did a bi-xenon projector retrofit so my main projectors do the low beams and the high beams which is why my oem high beams are useless now.
Old 01-05-12, 12:47 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

The state inspection. How was your retrofit? I'd be interested in doing that if I had a bi-xenon setup like you lol
Old 01-05-12, 01:06 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr

It also reminds me of Uma Thurman, like its eyes are way too far apart.
wow it looks fantastic as is to me! and i would totally hit that (uma thurman

*edit, id say spend the money on fogs. btw what happened to the grill? i prefer how it looks without it , but just curious
Old 01-05-12, 02:59 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

The state inspection. How was your retrofit? I'd be interested in doing that if I had a bi-xenon setup like you lol
That must be a Texas thing cause we don't have anything like that here in Denver. We have bi-yearly emissions and that's it.
The retrofit was pretty hard cause I had nothing to go off of and had to figure it out myself, and I refused to pay $50 for the projector adapters. It was a lot of trial and error and changing my mind on how I wanted it to look. And to be honest I still can't stand the way it turned out but I've recently decided I want some different projectors so I'll be taking another whack at it later this year.

wow it looks fantastic as is to me! and i would totally hit that (uma thurman

*edit, id say spend the money on fogs. btw what happened to the grill? i prefer how it looks without it , but just curious
Don't get me wrong, I think it looks really good, but its the the fact that I know something is supposed to go there, it kinda throws me off.

I never did like the little grills on the 97+ either. The little grill instert was cracked and broken when I got it so I put black aluminum mesh in instead. Its hard to see in the pic but it looks badass in person

Last edited by MattStarr; 01-05-12 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-05-12, 03:06 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

yea definitely post pics when you get home of close ups of the grill.... as for what to do with your fogs. id say leave them as is. maybe retrofit something else for the hell of it or aesthetics. ccfl rings are lame and its already looking great. this is actually one of my favorite front ends so far...and the paint looks to be in pretty awesome shape aswell
Old 01-05-12, 03:25 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

yea definitely post pics when you get home of close ups of the grill.... as for what to do with your fogs. id say leave them as is. maybe retrofit something else for the hell of it or aesthetics. ccfl rings are lame and its already looking great. this is actually one of my favorite front ends so far...and the paint looks to be in pretty awesome shape aswell
Thank you very much! I actually painted it myself and bondoed the badge holes (that sounds really dirty for some reason... badge hole) so that really means a lot.

I'm really startin to like the idea of putting projectors in the high beams with some 3000k hids and just using them when the weather's bad. Its really hard to see when its snows with my 5000k headlights.

As for my fog lights, I have a set of Blazer fog projectors ready and waiting to be retrofitted once I find some oem 97+ fogs. But I refuse to pay more than $20 for a pair since I know I can get them for $15 at a self service junk yard, its just a matter of patience. Same goes for the 97+ tails that I'm also on the hunt for.
Old 01-05-12, 04:01 PM
lmfod
Driver

Well when you get them for $20 double your money and sell me them for $40 lol
Old 01-05-12, 04:59 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

in that case buy some fubar'd 97 fog lights and make them!
Old 01-05-12, 06:10 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lmfod
Well when you get them for $20 double your money and sell me them for $40 lol
HAHAHA Ya right!!! Once I get my hands on a set of 97 fogs you'll have to pry them from my cold dead fingers. It retarded how difficult those things are to find and them how much people charge you for em. You'd think they were made out of platinum and gold or something.

in that case buy some fubar'd 97 fog lights and make them!
If I could find some I would. I don't even need the lenses, all I need is the housings to use as mounting brackets.
Old 01-05-12, 06:57 PM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

whoa, tell me a bit more about this bracket. I'd be willing to spend a few bucks to get this done.
Old 01-05-12, 07:40 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

whoa, tell me a bit more about this bracket. I'd be willing to spend a few bucks to get this done.
This is basicly what I'm gonna do but a little different and with my own "Matt Starr" touch.

This was done by eliteskill
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tors-hids.html
Old 03-24-14, 01:43 PM
KIANASC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by uras300
Deleted high beams. I recall Ms. Emerald used to rock the look long ago along with a few members on here..

would you be able to tell me which bumper this is?? been looking everywhere for it!
Old 03-24-14, 03:19 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

I believe it's Auto Couture/Shine with hight beam delete.

Here's a link:

http://www.auto-couture.com/toyota/uzz30/index.html

Quick Reply: What Should I Do With My High Beams?