SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Thoughts on my build plan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-11, 03:59 PM
Kutzo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on my build plan?

Hey guys. I actually don't even have an SC...yet! I am trying to plan out my build so I can do things as efficiently as possible w/o wasting time and money. My plan is to either get an older SC300 and put a new front/rear bumper and skirts (maybe Shine kit) and get it painted (not sure on color yet), or just spend a couple grand more up front and get a 97+ (doesn't really need any aero mods imo).

Engine wise, I'd like to swap a turbo 2j with a Supra auto trans in. Build the auto to support the power (don't really have a power goal, but it will be kept on pump gas, so whatever power I can get out of 93 octane). As far as the engine goes, I haven't fully looked into the power output on stock internals, but may have to get some forged internals. AC and all unnecessary items will be removed, as the car will not be a daily driver and will see mostly highway pulls, with occasional trips to the strip. I called a local shop that is known for quick Supras and built this SC300 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yvMcw38v4 ) to ask them about the turbo 2j swap and they said it would be about 40 hrs to swap and extend ( if JDM engine). So about $4,000 for the swap. How much did everyone else pay?

Suspension wise I will definitely be getting coilovers. Might have to replace some worn suspension parts as well (feel free to chime in with what you've replaced, as I'm new to the game). New wheels and tires as well.

The interior will receive a lot of weight reduction. Racing seats, remove all unnecessary items like backseats and spare etc. New steering wheel (aftermarket or I have seen IS300 wheel equipped SCs that I liked).

Sorry for the long write, just trying to gather as much info as I can so I can get a clear goal. Any info will help.
Old 12-25-11, 05:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That's a lot of things that you want to do. All is acheivable with funds. I will buy an SC300 and just boost it instead of paying someone else to do the work, plus you will learn a thing or to about it along the way. Everything that you mentioned can be found on here. Reduction of weight, coilovers, cage, and many, many swaps. GL on your decision and first go find a low mileage, well maintaned SC300 or even the 400! GL!!
Old 12-25-11, 07:14 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

these threads are nice wish lists!