SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-13, 10:17 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the tip. Ive been waiting to go to the Junkyard recently because there was a Sc400 that just came in. It still had some clean door panels. Gonna go this weekend to check it out.
Old 07-06-13, 10:18 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
The thing you have going for you is the fact that it's tan. Tan interior parts are the most plentiful. If you are not in a hurry, you can find a cleaner junkyard interior and buy the parts you need. I would also experiment with SEM paint if you want to keep some of the parts you have in the car and get off cheap. I have seen some people paint the interior plastic and make it look great!

hanks for the tip. Ive been waiting to go to the Junkyard recently because there was a Sc400 that just came in. It still had some clean door panels. Gonna go this weekend to check it out.
Old 07-06-13, 11:18 PM
tdw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Accidental SC400ist

I confess to never having lusted after any Lexus of any age. My partner's Golf had a problem that was more expensive to have repaired than it was worth and she had an offer from a mechanic who was happy to fix it up in his spare time. So we let it run out of rego and waved goodbye.

By chance I happened to be speaking with an old friend who was about to trade his '96 SC and the trade in offer from dealer was so pathetically low I couldn't resist, particularly as she had only done 120,000 kilometres (approx 75,000 miles) which is pretty low for a four litre V8 after all. Other than a bit of wear in the driver seat leather all else is pretty much perfect.

Need to get some translations of Japanese screen messages. She is a grey import so while legal in Oz language is not English. No a major problem but I'm hopeful of somehow overcoming it.

I must confess I've never enjoyed driving a specific road vehicle as much as this. OK so not the precise handling of various Audi and BMWs that I've owned but for a lounge chair on wheels ... spot on. I'm loving it.

Regards

Andrew B

Last edited by tdw; 07-06-13 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-07-13, 01:19 PM
ignition
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, I've always loved the look of SC's. After graduating college and working for a while, it was time for me to pick up a car. I watched craigslist for a few months, and looked at a number of cars, and I finally found one I was pretty happy with. It's a 98 SC300 with 99K miles, and it's in pretty good condition. The trim around the window sill is cracked on the driver and passenger side, but that's about the only cosmetic problem. I think I'll need to put on some new tires, replace the valve cover gasket, some suspensions parts, and brake pads. But the car runs nicely in its current shape. This looks like a great forum!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-sc300.jpg  
Old 07-07-13, 05:34 PM
scfinatic
Driver School Candidate

Default intro

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Welcome to Club Lexus! Whether you are a long time lurker who just got your new-to-you SC or a recent joiner, please post here and introduce yourself to the rest of the SC community.

Tell us a little about yourself and your SC. If you have them, I strongly enourage posting pictures of your ride (you will certainly be asked by the members) in your introduction.

As the moderator team comes across other new member introduction posts, we'll merge them here.

NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR NEW SC IN THIS POST, they will get lost in the shuffle. I'll quote one of our forum moderators with some good guidelines about getting started on CL for those questions:

A final note, please be sure to start off with the FAQ / DIY Links thread at the top of this forum.
sup everybody my name is jo.....ive been lurkin on here for a few yrs ... i just purchased my 6th sc300 and im finally joining cl... im lookin to do something different this time so hopefully i can get some pics up real soon and share some experiences with every1....
Old 07-08-13, 10:06 AM
edlima777
Driver School Candidate

Hi -- Ed Lima here. Just acquired a 1992 SC300 in Royal Sapphire and am looking forward to learning lots about this car. Never thought I would own a Lexus, but alas, here am I. The deal was too good to pass.
Old 07-08-13, 11:42 AM
Chasrb
Driver School Candidate

Hello from northern Virginia! I am chasrb I have a 1994 SC400 that I picked up in 1998 and I
now have over 206000 miles on it. The car is grey with grey interior.. I'll get a photo up soon.
Old 07-08-13, 08:17 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LexiiBabe
hanks for the tip. Ive been waiting to go to the Junkyard recently because there was a Sc400 that just came in. It still had some clean door panels. Gonna go this weekend to check it out.
How did you do?
Old 07-09-13, 12:56 PM
JUSTINCHAD
Driver School Candidate

hey im new here and i just purchased an 1992 sc 400 its black and its a big piece of **** right now haha it needs loads of work if theres anybody in the land o lakes/odessa area or lutz that would be willingto help a brother out to work on it pm me
Old 07-09-13, 03:49 PM
edlima777
Driver School Candidate

Default As promised...

Here she is.

Things that need to be done:

- Installing Stoptech Sport Drilled Cryo rotors and Akebono Ceramic pads sometime this month
- Rearview mirrors are cracked -- will be replaced
- Shifter **** is worn and cracked -- trying to find OE
- The ubiquitous non-working tach -- will replace this month.
- No radio -- debating whether to go for OE look, or installing a nice system with an onboard CD player

Other than that, the car was quite the catch. 179K, engine is clean as a whistle -- no rust anywhere in the body, no damage (ther than the scratches on the driver side bumper cover), clear title (no accidents), all the electric gizmos work (including the sunroof! I couldn't believe it!)

Will probably put different wheels on. I don't like the Fittipaldi chromes. The tires are brand-new, but are the so-so Bridgestone G019 Grid.

Let me know what you guys think.

Old 07-10-13, 10:42 AM
SCheik
Driver School Candidate

Hello everybody im from East Tennessee and I just purchased my first Lexus SC400. It is a 92 model and it needs work but I'm up for the challenge. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions but only because I know you all are more knowledgeable about these cars.
Old 07-10-13, 07:19 PM
rhdpickerI
Driver School Candidate

Greetings to all. Pleasure to have found this sight as i'm new to the SC community. I picked up an SC while I was on vacation in Guam. Starting the restoration on her on every angle as I see endless potential. Found alot of great "tips and fixes" on this site, as well as classified parts to assist with the restoration. Once again a pleasure to be a member :-)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-11-13, 03:39 PM
blackoutdr
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. I've been a lurker for a while, but I recently picked up my 1999 SC300 a little less than 2 months ago, and so far, I love it. I'm hoping to put coilovers on by the end of the year once I get a little more money.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20130711_174741_richtone-hdr-1-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20130711_174756_richtone-hdr-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20130711_174815_richtone-hdr-.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20130711_174824_richtone-hdr-.jpg  
Old 07-12-13, 01:36 PM
Handsome
Rookie

Not exactly new. Been floating around here for a couple of months now. Got an SC400 a couple of months ago for $800. Ha! Let the modding begin.

Old 07-13-13, 05:43 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
How did you do?
Man I was too late. I didnt there were many sc users around here. By the time i got there all the interior was already parted out. The dude working there said around 8 people came just for that car.
I guess better luck next time

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!