SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-12, 04:54 PM
jtims
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

My name's James, I'm from the land down under aka Australia. I drive a 1992 SC 300 - Toyota Soarer GTT. I love absolutely everything about the 1jz-gte and my soarer, it's got full dump pipes, aftermarket exhaust system, Front Mount, Cam Gear's and used to have a Blitz Access ECU but I decided to sell that when I was considering putting a 2jz-gte into the soarer but that never came to fruition. At it's best I was pushing 252 rwkw running at 18 psi running on stock ceramic turbo's. I hope to beat that when I get an emanage and some bigger injectors. At the moment I'm running the stock ecu with all those mods so hitting boost cut happens too often Anyway if anyway wants to hook me up with a Blitz Access ECU let me know Love the site!
Old 07-22-12, 06:13 PM
Mandi
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,

My names Mandi, I'm from Aus, I'm an auto electrician and I currently own a Nissan 180sx for drifting on the track, an R33 Skyline as a daily (for sale) and recently purchased my newest car a 1jz manual JZZ30 Soarer

Car is very straight and looking to make it into a very nice tidy daily and something that will look tough on cruises.

Last edited by Mandi; 07-22-12 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-22-12, 08:44 PM
ssgtjones
Driver School Candidate

Default Greetings to the community!

Been a long time lurker getting educated by ya'll. Got my 1999 SC300 in '08. Absolutely no mechanical failures, only new parts are the timing belt/tensioner and water pump. No flourscent gauge issues, every option works and all are original. Mobil one and fresh fluids. The six growls like an old school Jag. 100% stock, except for RX rims with pilots. The rx rims were dealer installled, they look good. Millinium silver and black leather perfect. Planning a mild restoration, She's staying with me till the end. My cousin's new 7 had more issues in one year vs. zero.

Here's the far out thing, the door hinges alone sold me instantly. Benz has never done anything like that. I love my LS, but the SC/Soarer is the best Toyota since their 2000GT ancestor.

I'll get pictures displayed, and hopefully chat with some of you. Excuse me spelling, iPod and middle agedness. Mine is bone stock, but I admire the modifiers- that's dedication.

Last edited by ssgtjones; 07-22-12 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling hard to see on ipod
Old 07-22-12, 09:41 PM
VonnieD
Driver School Candidate

My name is Von and I am now the owner of a 1993 Lexus SC300 and I love it! I have overlooked the site just recently and love what I see I have some ideas on what I want to do and now have a place to show it off as I go along!!!!!
Old 07-22-12, 09:56 PM
ssgtjones
Driver School Candidate

here's a picture of the 1999. Out in the Rockies. Sorry, it was camera phone.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-dscf1552-1.jpg  

Last edited by ssgtjones; 07-22-12 at 10:02 PM. Reason: explain the rotten photgraphy
Old 07-23-12, 04:29 AM
1jbob
Driver School Candidate

hey all, just joined,im from aus i own a toyota soarer 1991 model tt 2.5, has 3inch exhaust from dump to cat then twin 2.5inch after that, ebc running 15psi on factory twins atm looking at either high flowing them or goin for single not sure yet, pod filter and thats bout all atm, ive got a shift kit from mv automatics here lined up jsut gota get it soughted and in, i do prity much all my own work to my car.
the only promblem ive ever had was about 1 week after i got the ac compresor siezed up =/ other then that its been perfect n i love it

i applogise for my poor spelling and grama has never been a strong point for me.

heres a pic of my beauty =)
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-the-soarer.jpg  
Old 07-24-12, 05:24 PM
vardantuz
Driver School Candidate

hello I am Chris, and this is my SC400... I plan on doing a motor (VVT-i 1UZFE) and a transmission swap(automatics are no fun, V160). Not wanting to boost it either so ITB's. I hope to achieve 450whp and be able to rev to 10,000rpm. I love high revs as you can see
Old 07-24-12, 05:25 PM
vardantuz
Driver School Candidate

Old 07-25-12, 11:32 PM
robrich
Driver School Candidate

Hello everybody, I'm Rob from modesto, ca. I'm a tattoo artist and nissan, Lexus enthusiast. I own a 91 240sx that is my track only drift car, a 92 240sx that is my weekend warrior autox car, and now I own a 93 sc400. Looking forward to seeing what these cars are all about. I love it so far
Old 07-26-12, 09:54 AM
cv129
Driver School Candidate

Should've posted here long time ago, the Texas subforum has been really quiet!!!

Picked this up last year's labor day weekend from ATL then drove back to Dallas. Previously owned by member "fleishelja"

Only thing I did was raised the front ride height by about 1/4 in to accomodate bigger tires (pic is after raising front height already)
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-picture-019.jpg  
Old 07-26-12, 12:22 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cv129
Should've posted here long time ago, the Texas subforum has been really quiet!!!

Picked this up last year's labor day weekend from ATL then drove back to Dallas. Previously owned by member "fleishelja"

Only thing I did was raised the front ride height by about 1/4 in to accomodate bigger tires (pic is after raising front height already)
Really nice, whats the spes on the wheel/tires set up ?
Old 07-26-12, 02:02 PM
cv129
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Really nice, whats the spes on the wheel/tires set up ?
Thx for the compliment

F: 18 x 9.5 +28, 245/35/18
R: 18 x 9.5 +18 after 10mm spacer, 245/40/18 (could barely squeeze my pinky in), about -2 degree camber
Old 07-28-12, 07:31 AM
1SupraMk2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Luin
**updated** pics on page 2

Hello, my name is Luin and ive been a alcoholic for 4..... errr whoops, wrong forum.

I recently purchased a 1996 SC300 coupe and have been a lurker here on the forums for a few days and just thought I would say hello. I've been sending some PMs out to some users so some peeps allready know me a little. As soon as I get my SC300 back I will take some pics of it. It is currently getting new brakes put on by my dealer free of charge. The coupe runs great and for what it can do power wise it still gets great MPG! I filled it up when I bought it and have put 95 miles on it and its currently just above half a tank. Its the dark green color and a automatic. It has the changer in the back that works flawlessly and sounds great! Now the radio stations is a different story.

I live in SW Missouri and no one here knows what a soarer is so im going to swap out the badges to mess with people. haha!

I have the normal center cap paint peeling issue, so im thinking about just taking them off, clean the inside of the wheel and put on some nice crome lugs and call it good. If I do the soarer badging I will need to swap out the centers anyway, so might as well start debadging it by removing the "L's".

Besides the soarer badging, im not going to do to much to it till I get a FULL TUNE up done. It runs great, but im not going to take no chances. The main thing im going to work on is the sub in the rear.... im taking out the factory free air and am going to mount a small sealed box under the rear deck with either two 8's or a single 12 if I have room above the gas tank.

If I do anything be prepared for a description and lots of pics!! lol

So sit back and wait for my pics... haha, just kidding dont loose any sleep!
Your a funny guy!
Old 07-28-12, 07:34 AM
1SupraMk2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vardantuz

hello I am Chris, and this is my SC400... I plan on doing a motor (VVT-i 1UZFE) and a transmission swap(automatics are no fun, V160). Not wanting to boost it either so ITB's. I hope to achieve 450whp and be able to rev to 10,000rpm. I love high revs as you can see
If you can afford a V160 I want you as a friend. Welcome.
Old 07-28-12, 04:00 PM
h00drich
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello cl

My name is danny and i just bought a 1995 sc300. Its automatic this is my first lexus and i love it. The idle is so quiet it feels like the car is off. I gota put tints and hids first. It doesnt have a tag yet so i cant drive it my license is suspended too lol but i cant wait to drive it soon.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!