SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-11, 06:25 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very clean car. the enginebay needs love
Old 12-06-11, 06:44 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
very clean car. the enginebay needs love
Diddo...what he said.
Old 12-06-11, 06:51 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer400
HEY! My names Taylor, I've been lurking on this site for awhile. Sorta funny story about when I bought my SC400. I originally was going to buy a 1997 SC from a used car dealer let me drive it to my "private mechanic" which was a Toyota dealership. When i got there I was just walking around looking at the cars and started to talk to a sales guy and he was trying to get me into a more luxury Acura, but I didn't like that much. But when we were walking out he stop me and said a car just like the one i drove over was being traded as we spoke and it happened to be a 1999 golden pearl SC400. I was already pleased with the performance of the SC300 driving over to the dealership (I took a country road that was between the towns), but to hear it had a V8. I fell in love right there. and ended up buying that.

So i guess long story short i drove a car i was going to buy to look at another car i wanted to buy! lol

anyway here are a few pictures of it

Edit: the mod list isn't huge at all, but over time i'm going to maintenance and modifying it to my liking.
some sort of HID lights i cant tell what kind
7 inch pioneer touch screen stereo
the person before me cut a hole next to the panel next to the steering wheel and it has a switch there. not hooked to anything....
i guess chrome plated stock rims
that is about it there are no engine mods or anything else
Taylor, very, very nice...now that's a really clean SC 400
Old 12-06-11, 06:52 PM
Intrazel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My name is JT and I have a need for speed.

I think the SC is one of the most beautiful cars ever ...in Japanese beauty I say its up there with the Supra and RX7 (FD) and ranks right up there with any car ever made.....

I think it would be a fine addition to my collection which includes some rarities, Acura NSX, BMW 740il (e38), Saleen XP8, and a Aprilia 650R.

Cant wait to pick one of these beauties up !!!
Old 12-07-11, 01:30 AM
Drunkinche
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Diddo...what he said.
My sentiment exactly. I've done a ton in just five days. If I ever get a weekend off ill yank the engine to clean it up the right way. Till then it will just be a slow process...
Old 12-07-11, 01:22 PM
Inudate
Driver School Candidate

Hiya guys, my names Gus! I guess I'm not the only person that's lingered around before making a profile here Lemme give a little background on how I got my car. First, my friend started talking to me about one and the car sounded amazing, next thing I know I find a guy selling one so I test drove it and after that I just fell in love with SC300s. I used to have a 05' C230 Kompressor Benz, but I sold it and a few weeks later I came across this beauty, she truly is a diamond in the rough (or however the phrase is said). She's almost perfect, only bad thing about my SC is that the motor mounts snapped, but that's going to be fixed very soon. Anyways, here's mah baby

Last edited by Inudate; 12-11-11 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-07-11, 03:17 PM
QueHefner
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member Intro

I'm new to the board and wanted to introduse myself. I 've had some bad luck with my cars lately. I totalled my 300zx after spinning out on black ice. My 06 Maxima was recentely rear ended which caused secondary front end damage and was totalled also. But I just picked up my 92 SC 400 with 161K on the clock. The interior is in great condition, even thought I plan to recover the fronts and armrest. Since purchase, I have added a single 10" sub to replace the free air sub, 20" chrome ,color matched wheels, and a Pioneer ADV4200 headunit and replaced the old speakers. The sysytem sounds great. I have the headunit wired to a bypass, even though it is illegal, so my passenger can watch dvd's on the move, and the 10 hits hard!.
I plan to upgrade to a 3 spoke wheel as soon as I can find a reasonably priced tan leather and wood unit and a matching single stage airbag.

Yes my gauges flicker like most everyone elses. So far its only the tach needle and turning down the intensity has seemed to help a bit.It drives me crazy and I will find a solution to it come hell or high water. I would like to remove the SC400 badge on the rear to clean up the look a bit. Can someone tell me if its only adhered with tape or will removing it leaves holes in the bodywork.

I enjoy reading all of your informative posts.Keep em' coming.

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-imgp0170.jpg

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-imgp0171.jpg

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-imgp0173.jpg

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-imgp0174.jpg

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. by Martin Luther King Jr
Old 12-07-11, 05:17 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Removing the rear bumper is going to be fun for you. Yes there is 3 holes you can will have to fill in once the sc400 badge is removed.

Nice car by the way.
Old 12-07-11, 07:32 PM
Soothsayer
Driver School Candidate

Just got my SC running this weekend. Gonna be a fun car.
Old 12-07-11, 11:29 PM
shoneeko
Driver School Candidate

Default hello everyone

Hi everyone. My name is Shawn. I am selling my rx7 that I have been drifting over the past few years, and looking into getting a lexus sc300 or sc400. I have also been considering the ls and gs, but the sc is so plentiful, and I am also hoping to find one with a 5 speed also. These cars look great in stock form, and I love the 1uz.
Old 12-08-11, 02:24 PM
MesC400
Driver School Candidate

i have a 1992 sc400 and i had pressure my motor becuase i had a oil leack so my mechanic told me to pressure watch my motor and now am having trouble it dont want to turn on, people tell me it might be spark plugs idk what it its pliss need help fasttttt plisss .: idk if it is the fuel pomp or the apark plugs need help
Old 12-08-11, 05:58 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MesC400
i have a 1992 sc400 and i had pressure my motor becuase i had a oil leack so my mechanic told me to pressure watch my motor and now am having trouble it dont want to turn on, people tell me it might be spark plugs idk what it its pliss need help fasttttt plisss .: idk if it is the fuel pomp or the apark plugs need help
pressure? like pressure washed the engine? u may have got water on the spark plugs or spark plug coils. it would be hard to diagnose without seeing your car in person.
Old 12-08-11, 06:27 PM
XtremeGTR
Driver School Candidate

Just joined!!!!! I have a 97 SC300, I have had it since Aug of this year. I love the car so far, it's pretty clean inside and out. I am more of a Nissan guy then a Toyota/Lexus guy so I might be asking questions from time to time. http://www.flickr.com/photos/dankick...tt/6455200783/ for pic of the car.
Old 12-09-11, 05:27 PM
Vannim6
Driver School Candidate

Hello, My name's Hannah. I've been lurking on this site for awhile now (mainly looking for a solution to my driver's side window malfunction), but cleaned my car up real nice today so I decided to introduce myself finally.
Car: '95 SC400 with the "gold" package. It has just over 117,000 miles. Its pretty much all stock including the still functional car phone in the center console . Currently the driver's side window switch is not working, the driver's side seat doesn't glide on its track properly, and the leather is starting to crack a bit on both front seats. The radiator cracked awhile ago and needed to be replaced. Otherwise the car runs great is a fun drive. My main goal is to keep it running like new, so far I've found many threads helpful in diagnosing noises, odd vibrations, and random wiggles.
Name:  2011-12-09160840.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  93.7 KB
Name:  2011-12-09160939.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  104.7 KB
Name:  2011-12-09161015.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  98.7 KB
Name:  2011-12-09161059.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  67.1 KB
Old 12-11-11, 11:39 AM
YMZ
Driver School Candidate

New guy from Tampa, FL checking in. Currently driving a 2007 toyota tacoma (4.0 v6, 6spd manual, and its 4wd). My job commute went from 10 mile round trip to a 70 mile round trip so I gotta get rid of the truck. Driving down a main high way today and a sc300 from 1997 caught my eye so I joined up here to do some research.

If anyone can point me to the faq section so I dont start a thread and look like a jackass that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

I test drove the 97 today and man it was nice. But something was beeping like crazy an a light on the speedo was going nuts, the cel was on and so was a temp light (on and off) dont know if that common stuff or if someone can break down what the beeping was

Anyway its good to be here and I hope I can pick one of these up soon!

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!