SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-17, 11:27 PM
todzilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New proud owner in Vancouver!

Well, I guess since it's been 1 whole week (and finally got to detail her after some horrendous weather!) - I should introduce myself.

I am the proud new (third) owner of a black on black '96 SC400 up in Vancouver, Canada.

I bought in over from the island (Victoria) and she's spent all her life being taken care of by a loving enthusiast, and I intend to carry on and make her even better!

Zero accidents, no rust (do they even rust?) - and other than the wheels I just put on (18" G35 wheels - he had 18" chrome ADRs....no thanks!) - she is bone stock. Currently sitting at 288000 km's, or about 180000 miles, and unbelievably, she runs absolutely brilliantly! Just went through my first tank (do you all run premium or can you safely run on mid-grade or even regular?) - she got me just under 500 kms/310 miles, 80% city driving, which worked out to just over 20 (imperial) mpg's! The low fuel warning light never came on, but I didn't want to push my luck, but it took 67 litres to fill back up, so this is a BIG tank!

Only 'issues' or things to fix are a tear in the lower drivers seat bolster, touching up the few rock chips, find a new/good used e-brake leather cover (mines ratty!) - and figuring out the best way to tackle a flaking rear side window-surround trim (!!) - oh and removing 2 of the 3 rear emblems and just leaving front and rear L's. They're gold, which I'm no fan of, so I'm going to try to buff the gold out to get to silver/chrome. I heard the L's are screwed in from the back and are a pain to get to?

As far as enhancements, I'm considering removing either the resonator(s) or the cats.....or both? The V8 sounds so sweet when you're on it, but it's a bit subdued just cruising so I'd like a more aggressive (though NOT loud/obnoxious) sound. I figure welding in a piece to replace the above should add a bit of subtle zest, and maybe even free up some ponies and improve mileage?

Also, getting a new head unit (stereo) next week as my cd changer is toast and I'm pretty sure the amp is crapped out. And the Nak is a cassette! I just need to be able to play cd's!

I'm on the fence about removing the aftermarket (I think it is?) tint on the rear 3. I think I like the untinted look on all black.

Anyway, only have this one pic after a good detailing (still needs a polish and wax)....but here she is!

Looking forward to enjoying this Japanese muscle car and the forums!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_20170318_193701_3.jpg  
Old 03-20-17, 01:14 AM
clexks
Driver School Candidate

Glad I'm here. You guys are awesome.
Old 03-20-17, 01:27 PM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by todzilla
Well, I guess since it's been 1 whole week (and finally got to detail her after some horrendous weather!) - I should introduce myself.

I am the proud new (third) owner of a black on black '96 SC400 up in Vancouver, Canada.

I bought in over from the island (Victoria) and she's spent all her life being taken care of by a loving enthusiast, and I intend to carry on and make her even better!

Zero accidents, no rust (do they even rust?) - and other than the wheels I just put on (18" G35 wheels - he had 18" chrome ADRs....no thanks!) - she is bone stock. Currently sitting at 288000 km's, or about 180000 miles, and unbelievably, she runs absolutely brilliantly! Just went through my first tank (do you all run premium or can you safely run on mid-grade or even regular?) - she got me just under 500 kms/310 miles, 80% city driving, which worked out to just over 20 (imperial) mpg's! The low fuel warning light never came on, but I didn't want to push my luck, but it took 67 litres to fill back up, so this is a BIG tank!

Only 'issues' or things to fix are a tear in the lower drivers seat bolster, touching up the few rock chips, find a new/good used e-brake leather cover (mines ratty!) - and figuring out the best way to tackle a flaking rear side window-surround trim (!!) - oh and removing 2 of the 3 rear emblems and just leaving front and rear L's. They're gold, which I'm no fan of, so I'm going to try to buff the gold out to get to silver/chrome. I heard the L's are screwed in from the back and are a pain to get to?

As far as enhancements, I'm considering removing either the resonator(s) or the cats.....or both? The V8 sounds so sweet when you're on it, but it's a bit subdued just cruising so I'd like a more aggressive (though NOT loud/obnoxious) sound. I figure welding in a piece to replace the above should add a bit of subtle zest, and maybe even free up some ponies and improve mileage?

Also, getting a new head unit (stereo) next week as my cd changer is toast and I'm pretty sure the amp is crapped out. And the Nak is a cassette! I just need to be able to play cd's!

I'm on the fence about removing the aftermarket (I think it is?) tint on the rear 3. I think I like the untinted look on all black.

Anyway, only have this one pic after a good detailing (still needs a polish and wax)....but here she is!

Looking forward to enjoying this Japanese muscle car and the forums!
welcome , not many Canadian spec SC known to me and as i'm in Europe its nice to have the metric system (KM ,Celsius )
my Nak amp went bust too and there is a good write up here from a member called Raine , not a 1 hour job i can warn you
Old 03-21-17, 10:48 PM
istunt707
Driver School Candidate

Default Just bought my first sc300

Love the car always been a foxbody guy butbi love the cars perfomance and looks.... I already lowered it on coilovers and put some gold wheels on it... Took me 2 months to pick out the wheels BUT they fit perfect and the car sits perfect.... I want to swap it to a 5 speed but im sure it takes alot of work was easy on my foxbody....idk nice to be here guys from the posts i see you all very helpfull
Old 03-28-17, 12:57 PM
2006fxdc
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up?

Hey everyone Danny hear 95 sc300
Old 03-29-17, 05:06 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to all our new members .

This thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html will be a good source of info for stuff you might be eventually interested in.

I suggest , go through it and see all the different topics discussed. It is a wealth of information .

Good Luck to all and enjoy your SCs.
Old 03-29-17, 05:41 PM
Oscar31
Driver School Candidate

Hi. My name is Oscar and I have a 97 sc400 I'm from Saipan Northern Marianas islands im new in here and I'm totally a noob when it comes to fix my car I'm 100% willing to learn.
Old 04-01-17, 01:07 PM
KevinCSC30
Driver School Candidate

Default 1992 Lexus SC300

Hello, my name is Kevin I've got a SC300 this is my first car it has a JIC bodykit and JIC coilovers and a custom exhaust. I just hit 212,000 miles yesterday still running strong though loving it so far no problems with it as I stated before this is my first car so I am a noob when it comes to anything SC300 so I am here to learn.

Old 04-05-17, 09:51 PM
that209kid
6th Gear

hey whats up, my name is Alex and i just got a 1992 sc300 from a friend for $350. needs some work but will get it looking good eventually. this is the only pic of it right now ill try to get more as soon as i can.
Old 04-07-17, 11:06 AM
escorial
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi

New to forum, have a 95 Sc 300 stiick and do have a lot of questions.
Old 04-07-17, 11:43 AM
kentuckyjr
Driver School Candidate

John here. Lexington, KY area. I have a 2010 LS460 and the wife drives a 2013 LX570. The LS is getting a little long int he tooth, so I hope to connect here and get educated on "fixin' stuff".
Old 04-13-17, 06:10 PM
Polarisman
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What's up guys? 92 factory 5 speed here

Hello,

name is matt and I will be picking up my car at the end of the first week in May. Bought plane tickets etc so it's time to make this dream a reality!

it is a factory five speed with 145k miles, fresh paint, jic coilovers and a few other odds and ends. I already have enough three inch stainless to make a nice exhaust for starters and intend to go na-t as soon as funds allow. Goal is a streetable 500 plus to the wheels on a s366 twin scroll with a billet wheel. I have owned my fair share of fast cars but am hoping that the 2j is as reliable a platform as it appears to be. Once I pick it up I can post some pics but this will have to do for now.

peace!
Old 04-14-17, 07:49 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by kentuckyjr
John here. Lexington, KY area. I have a 2010 LS460 and the wife drives a 2013 LX570. The LS is getting a little long int he tooth, so I hope to connect here and get educated on "fixin' stuff".
Welcome to Club Lexus.... This is the 1st Gen SC forum.... You will be better served to go to the LS460 forum....
Old 04-15-17, 05:57 PM
Lexus1975
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My name is Chris and I am a recent register here in the forum.
I have lurked for awhile here.
I own a 1995 Lexus sc400 and a 2014 rx350 That I just bought last month.
Thanks for all Of the posters here and the information they provide
Old 04-17-17, 01:11 PM
ScottSC
Driver School Candidate

Hi, my name is Scott (big surprise I know, considering my username)
I had been looking at SCs for a while, and my brother has owned a couple. I happened across this one last week and picked it up.
It's a '95 5-speed SC300. All stock, and other than a dent behind the drivers door and its paint, it appears very sound.
I'm looking at doing NA-T or just swapping in a GTE.
Excuse the quality of the picture. I just got it home, and the light wasn't very good.
I still have the LS400 brakes and the front lip from my brother's old '94. I am probably going to hit a few junkyards this weekend to find a few parts.
I have quite a bit of experience with Toyotas, but I love all the resources here. Looking forward to talking with you all!

Last edited by ScottSC; 04-17-17 at 01:17 PM. Reason: formatting

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!