SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-16, 10:34 AM
ErikSC4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Tourer

My name is Erik. I'm from the north suburbs of Chicago. I recently bought my '94 SC400 and I'm hoping to turn it into a great touring car to take on road-trips around the country. I've only done minor mods including exhaust and some cosmetic mods.
Old 06-27-16, 09:19 AM
Ziamark
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, I have been a lurking member of these forums for some time now. I am from Michigan where winter tires are very important as a Lexus owner. I decided to make an account because I want to sell my beautiful Lexus SC 300, although now I realize that I have to have several posts before I can post to classifieds.

My favorite part of these forums are the mods and seeing the super high mileage people have racked up. My SC300 is still young at 170k miles.

Old 06-27-16, 02:13 PM
SCbyDRD
Driver School Candidate

Default New members...

Hello, ClubLexus! My name's David. My gf and I currently own 7 SC's (six 300's and one 400). Two 92's (including a factory 5-speed), a 93 SC400, a 95 factory 5-speed, and three 97's...

This all started with the 400 and, if you know us and were having trouble pin-pointing something before (unlikely, lol), six additions later you can officially call us crazy. It's alright- our friends do.

We've been referencing ClubLexus throughout our misadventures in getting them dialed in, and thank you all for your priceless contributions. I've always been a maniac when it comes to cars, and friends regularly have me work on taking their stock cars and making them stand out in a big way with subtle aesthetic mods. I'm applying this now to our SC's, and learning a lot... lol. Nearly all of the SC's we've looked at were in desperate need of TLC, but they're incredible cars and I have no doubt they'll soon get the respect and recognition they deserve.

Hope that was a sufficient intro, and feel free to say hello and show off your cars. Always love learning even more and seeing what you guys are up to- we've been nothing short of impressed thus far. Looking forward to contributing and to running into you guys at upcoming SoCal meets.
Old 06-28-16, 02:39 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

We would like to see pictures of your stable of cars..... Even if they are still a work in progress...

Seven cars is a lot to deal with so thanks for keeping our first gen cars running.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-16, 05:07 PM
SCbyDRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Duck05
We would like to see pictures of your stable of cars..... Even if they are still a work in progress...

Seven cars is a lot to deal with so thanks for keeping our first gen cars running.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, man! Yeah, they're nearly all works in progress, but we're keeping a few stock and having some fun with the rest. I'll take some proper pics once I'm satisfied with their progress, but here are a few in various stages of tweaking...

92 factory manual

92 automatic

93 SC400

97 automatic trying on an AIT bumper for fitment (pretty impressed!)

97 automatic trying on our 95's bumper
Old 06-29-16, 12:22 AM
LionsTent
Driver School Candidate

Hi Folks,
New member checking in from Riverside, CA. I met a few of you this past weekend at the Westminster meetup, and I look forward to seeing everyone again at the next get together.
I have a 99 SC300 that I recently purchased from my good friend. She was the original owner, and didn't do much to the car other than general maintenance. I'll probably continue along those lines, with the exception of perhaps a few bolt on items. Plans include better wheels and tires, maybe some lowering springs, and maybe even a brake upgrade. The car is in great shape as is, even with almost 200k miles. If I ever go down the turbo route, I'd probably just get another car in lesser condition to begin with.

Old 06-29-16, 11:34 AM
SCbyDRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LionsTent
Hi Folks,
New member checking in from Riverside, CA. I met a few of you this past weekend at the Westminster meetup, and I look forward to seeing everyone again at the next get together.
I have a 99 SC300 that I recently purchased from my good friend. She was the original owner, and didn't do much to the car other than general maintenance. I'll probably continue along those lines, with the exception of perhaps a few bolt on items. Plans include better wheels and tires, maybe some lowering springs, and maybe even a brake upgrade. The car is in great shape as is, even with almost 200k miles. If I ever go down the turbo route, I'd probably just get another car in lesser condition to begin with.

I need to get my hands on a 99... David and I can't decide which of ours we like the most (they all have their own unique personalities), and I think it's because I'm secretly waiting for a 99 or 2000 to come along.

Oh, and we missed that meet by an entire half hour... lol. How was the turn out? Any upcoming meets out here? We were looking forward to it and so bummed!

- K&D
Old 07-04-16, 01:34 PM
Fresco95
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello yall Fresco here

Just bought an 1997 sc400 2 weeks ago, unfortunately it over heated on me and is now making engine noise. I know this is a lousy intro, but if anyone can help. Please view my post.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/827731-recently-bought-1997-sc400-overheating.html
Old 07-04-16, 07:12 PM
CatsfanUK1
Driver School Candidate

Default New Cat fan

New to CL, had a 1996 SC300, traded for an GS300AWD. Recently bought a '07 SC430. 80k Black Saphire Ecur interior perfect for a Cat fan. Located in the heart of the Bluegrass
Old 07-06-16, 04:02 AM
BrokeEF
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey everyone, I am such a noob that I missed the intro thread and made my own!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...993-sc400.html

Anyway I just picked up a 1993 SC400 a few weeks ago. I got pretty lucky and found a super clean car to start with. I have some pretty big plans for it, but for now I am mostly trying to gather information.

Sean
Old 07-06-16, 08:31 AM
higgy69
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW MEMBER trying to figure this out

hi, i'm jim. I purchased my 96 SC300 about 7 years ago , I LOVE this car its been perfect until recently . I am realizing that its not easy to get any real info onit(repair manuals, diagrams, ect.). SO i am trying here . my car runs great, but i just replaced brakes(pads & rotors) on all 4 wheels. that was basic and easy . i have had several issues that need trouble shooting , so i am planning on being in these forums alot . hopefully i dont ask to many stupid questions or do wrong . recently my my passenger seat somewhere underneath(wobbles when u push on it,. AT random times it wont shift out of park until i shut it off then back on or try taping brake or jiggling things(had to leave it a couple of times) . I have gotten some ideas on that just by creeping around on this site. I'm not keen on just tearing into wiring & ,sensors & what not .Hopefully I posted this correctly O yeah....I'm 46 ,Ilive in northern cal. < independent contractor . I usually work out of state so my car sits in the garage a couple of months at a time ,2 or 3 times a year ,then i drive the ***** out of it . I think thats about it for now .....O , im hoping to get some pictures or info on pulling out my ingnition switch from dash. i dont like the idea of just tearing into something im familiar with...
Old 07-07-16, 08:33 PM
higgy69
Driver School Candidate

Default NEW TO club

hi im jim and recently my 96 sc300 has been showing her age so im trying to deal with them b4 it becomes 2 much 2 keep up with...........so here i am ....ready with questions ..........nothing major i dont think. no mods , Iam very happy with my car as it is (barring a few cosmetic issues) right now i got it ipieces ( changing ign. switch .......

most of the dashboard is on the roof

normally it looks alot better
Old 07-07-16, 08:35 PM
higgy69
Driver School Candidate

you;ll b seeing me alot over the next few months asking questions or advice working on her
Old 07-08-16, 11:02 PM
Amsrn13
Driver School Candidate

Default Picking up the new sc300 Tuesday

Hey guys I just wanted to check in as I will be picking up my 1993 sc300 on Tuesday. The car is a manual with 85000 miles! I'm pretty excited as I've always wanted one. I can't believe I found one with such low miles!

85000 miles ands 5 speed!
Old 07-10-16, 07:57 PM
Trenton95
Driver School Candidate

Default AZ Newbie!

What's up everyone, my name is Trenton, 20 year old auto and motorcycle technician born and raised in Mesa, Arizona. Recently purchased a 1992 SC300 with 208k and a straight body for a stupid steal. Was not running upon purchase I suppose you could call it a mechanics's special. I am fresh to the forum but have had a hard on for these cars for quite some time now. I plan on using this car as a daily and making a project of it along the way. I was raised around nothing but Fords, with no shame as I still play with my 89 GT and 68 Bronco. I have huge appreciation for the 2JZGE/GTE and am aware of their potential, just could use some guidance here and there along the way, like I said, I am new to these vehicles. I will post threads asking questions when needed and will put my two cents in for fellow SC owners where I feel like I can help. Any assistance and interaction is much appreciated!

-Trenton

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!