SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-16, 09:39 AM
Luxer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 sc300

Just installed my Tien coilovers.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-20160426_171051-3-.jpg  
Old 04-29-16, 01:03 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Which model did you go with???? (and it is "Tein", BTW...)
Old 04-29-16, 01:27 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow that's awesome!
Looking forward to joining you soon with an SC in similar shape.

Just got my GS400 a month ago so won't be buying another car for a while but an SC400 would make a great addition to the Lexus family

How does she ride now?!

Originally Posted by francobnyc
Hello fellow Lexus fanatics! My dream has come true! I became the proud owner of a Renaissance Red 1998 Lexus SC300 last summer. I may have overpaid the New Jersey dealer where I found her @ just over $6000 plus the minor repairs listed below but I don't care! Very clean considering she just turned 18! She had 112,800 miles on her when I got her and have only put 1000 miles on her(113,839) the past year. I only use her on weekends since me and my wife work in NYC and take the subway to work. I've been in love and lusting after one ever since I first saw SC's back in the 90's! But being that i was only 23 back then and didn't have $40,000 to spare I had to wait. I am her 3rd owner. First owner held on to her for 15yrs. and meticulously maintained her at the original Lexus dealer in Delaware. He kept the stack of service records in the original Lexus leather binder along with original owners manual which I both have! 2nd owner only had her for a little over a year(I'm sure He/She is regretting that decision now) and He/She fortunately did the Timing belt, Cam seals, Valve Cover Gaskets, Spark Plugs & Wires!! She was not perfect though when i got her. She needed a new Battery, 4 tires, Oxygen sensor, all 4 shocks, Starter, Serpentine Belt, Trunk shocks and Front drivers side Brake Caliper. Relatively minor stuff. I went to my mechanic to do all those repairs (Going to Lexus would've been way, way too expensive!) LOL. Never had any issues with my mechanics repairs over the years. Took her to my local Lexus dealer to have them check her out after those repairs and they gave her a clean bill of health! They said she was the cleanest SC they've seen in a while. One of the Lexus employees actually asked me if she's for sale! I said NO WAY! Engine is STRONG and Transmission shifts smoothly. Perfect Idle. When idling you can't even tell she's on. Purrs like a kitten. She is accident free!! No warning lights whatsoever! Both front and rear Tan leather seats have wrinkles but no rips or tears! All power electronics work, A/C is cold and heat is hot. Even the 12 CD changer in the trunk works no skipping nothing! Photos were taken today 4/20. She is a completely stock Automatic and WILL stay that way! I'm not gonna mess with perfection. She will be my car FOREVER!!]
Old 05-01-16, 03:45 PM
francobnyc
Driver School Candidate

Hey tiguy99! She drives, rides, and shifts smoothly. No vibrations, stuttering, nothing! No warning lights. First owner pampered her for the almost 15 years he had her. Bringing her to the original Lexus dealer he purchased her from for service every 3000-5000 miles. Forgot to mention the only thing wrong is the cassette player. When i use a cassette adapter to use my ipod sound only comes out of the passenger side speakers I know it's the cassette player because all the speakers work when I use the radio or CD player. Doesn't bother me since I burned my favorite songs to CD. I actually bought an extra original Lexus 12 disc cartridge on ebay a few weeks ago for $28. So i've got 24 cd's with plenty of music to go. You can't go wrong with an SC300/400 as long as it's not beat up. GS400 uses the 1uzfe engine right? How many miles on her?

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Wow that's awesome!
Looking forward to joining you soon with an SC in similar shape.

Just got my GS400 a month ago so won't be buying another car for a while but an SC400 would make a great addition to the Lexus family

How does she ride now?!

Last edited by francobnyc; 05-01-16 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-02-16, 09:02 AM
JoshuaI6
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Club!

Hey my name is Josh,

I recently just bought a 1999 SC300 to replace the 2004 RX8 GT that I owned for less than a year before the apex seals started to go out. I bought the car because I love the body lines and the presence it has going down the road....and of course the infamous 2JZ motor. I plan on doing a reliable mild build on it as it is my only car and my daily and look forward to reading everyone's recomendations, DIY's and the vast amount of knowledge that can be found on this forum.

Last edited by JoshuaI6; 07-04-16 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-05-16, 07:52 AM
BBFitness
Driver School Candidate

Hi, my name is Randy and i just picked up an SC300 here in the bay area. I just sold my 1998 impreza wagon last Thursday and found my 1996 SC300 to replace it on Saturday. Its a dark blue automatic with only 122,xxx miles on it. magically everything works and nothing weird. Ill be good and daily drive this one upgrading the exterior and ripped leather as i go.

I just recently transferred to the Toyota/Lexus family. I also have a 1977 Toyota Celica which is my current project. That one will be with me for a long time. And the girlfriend daily drives a 1982 Toyota Corolla wagon. Before the Toyotas i was always a Nissan 240sx guy. Ive owned 4, including a s14 with a 2jz in it. Now i look forward to learning some new stuff
Old 05-05-16, 08:50 PM
Crimson6N
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member today

Hello my name is Cameron,

I just picked up my 1993 SC300 about 2 months ago. The car came with some Megan coilovers and some 19 inch by 10 inch enkei rims. The interior is a little beat up. But I am not concerned with that. I have in unmolested engine and drivetrain. My plan is to keep the engine naturally aspirated. Waiting to buy a house before I do a complete engine rebuild hoping to push out about 400 horsepower. So for now it's going to look good and run well. I am a huge Toyota Lexus fan. I have currently have 2001 Tundra. I have had a 1984 Toyota Supra as my first car , I've had an 85 Toyota Supra , and in 87 Toyota Supra. Moving to SC was the only realistic goal or way to own my 2jz.
The following users liked this post:
ish9 (09-07-17)
Old 05-15-16, 12:15 PM
Cali2Az
Driver School Candidate

Hello fellas. Just bought a sc300 1995 auto, unmolested. Bodys in great shape. Seems car needs a alternator battery and driveshaft but for 800 bucks i couldnt pass. I have a toyota avalon 2003 which has never faulted me for 8 years from 60000 miles to 130000 miles 1mzfe. So i am commited to the toyota family and always loved the 2jz block.
Old 05-17-16, 01:44 PM
2jJecht
Driver School Candidate

Good afternoon CL.

I recently picked up a rust free 93 sc300 with auto trans. 170,xxx miles. Green exterior. No fluid leaks anywhere, but the interior is beyond disgusting. Has some decent looking wheels, CP something. Also came with a nameless intake, some spark plug wires, and gs400 bigger brake conversion front and rear.

So far I have put on a Ebay front lip, & duckbill rear spoiler. Huge exhaust leak at the manifold. Will be fixing that and fabing up a custom single exit. Throwing on a quick release and grip royal I have sitting around, along with some fixed back bucket seats that I have collecting dust. (stock seats are beyond dicked). Definitely due for a deep cleaning, and probably some new trim in some areas. New stereo head unit, and speakers as well. That sums up what my plan is for it in the near future.

I will not be seriously modifying this car until I can get my real daily back on the road. After that is done, I may decide to throw on a 2.5 HG, +625 head studs from ARP, I.D. 1000cc injectors, wally pump/s, AEM PnP standalone, boost it, and manual swap it over the next year shooting for like 400 wheel depending on the drivetrain I go with r154 or the better 160 + diff + axle upgrades, suspension reinforcements, half cage, etc... Who knows

I wasn't expecting to like this car as much..Seriously very comfortable for lengthy drives, great visibility, Nice low - long car. A big fan of the front end, not so much the rear curves. Of course 2j sounds <3. Not great on gas, but mostly because I'm in the stage where I want to hear it past 4 grand constantly.

Last edited by 2jJecht; 05-17-16 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-18-16, 04:50 PM
boostleezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi the name lee
i ben the owner of this wounderfull car (sc300)
for over a year now,,and im so in love with it
Old 05-19-16, 02:35 AM
Champa99
Driver School Candidate

Default One of the 905 lucky ones to own a 99"

Hay there I was reading on here about the Sc400 99" only 905 where made, and made me want to be a member and scream it out that I'm one of the 905 two luckily only one minus champagne with the gold emblem only has 95,000 mile getting painted as we speak . Restoring interior my self .well put pictures later on
Old 05-19-16, 06:48 AM
theshmoopi
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi from Kristy

Hello! I just bought a restored 1992 SC300 from a friend and she suggested I join the group. I am a typical girl who knows little about cars so hoping that I can get the information I need to protect myself from any unnecessary and costly repairs down the road.
Old 05-21-16, 03:43 PM
Imthatbyrd
Driver School Candidate

Hi! My name is CJ and I just bought an SC300 last Monday. It was a big step for me. I bought my first car Integra) in January, fixed it, flipped it for double of what I paid for it, and bought an SC300. It was a big step selling my only car for a car that I'd have to trust is equally reliable as my Integra to get me to work and class. I got the car for cheap because the seats were tore up and pieces off the door panels are broke. So I bought the car, got it registered, and still had money left over for straight pipes. That's pretty much my story. As for my car, I'm not quite sure what road I wanna go down with it visually. I may go with a VIP style look or more of a JDM look. One thing's for sure is I will be going down the turbo route when I get everything I need for the car in order. I don't have every thing set up yet, but I guarantee this will turn out to be a great project

Old 05-22-16, 07:29 PM
CoOl21
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello CL!

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-f7ybwocl.jpg

Just picked up this beautiful 1999 pearl white SC400, with the help from CL's own scENFORCER. This was his baby back in the day before he sold it to the previous owner before me. They kept it stunningly clean, minor details here and there I can clean up. TEIN coilovers, with spacers.

Personally, I'm not looking to make any major modifications (party because I'm mortgage bound now), maybe some rims, new wheels to keep it looking awesome on the road, paint job to fix the peeling on the front bumper.

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-0ytshcil.jpg

Found someone selling a set of Soarer wheels, I think they are alright, but I want to go for a VIP look, any suggestions?

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-vuwpeoml.jpg
Old 05-24-16, 12:02 AM
smithSC
Driver School Candidate

Hey, new to the forum. just got a 1997 Black on Black SC300 with a 2jz NA-T(rebuilt with strengthened internals and TT cams) and 5spd manual(original), Apexi SAFC-2, 3 inch straight pipe and welded diff(last owner liked drifting).

its super rough (dents dings and needs paint)and has some issues but its my baby now and i plan on building it into a daily driven beast that can spank the pants off my friends '16 R35 GTR.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!