SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-15, 10:27 PM
scFohunid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - 1993 SC400

Yo,

Bought a 1993 Lexus SC 400 back in January. Been driving the hell out of it. I love it and though I could see myself selling it one day, I'm hoping to hang onto it and slowly get it into better condition. This used to be my daily driver, but after awhile I started looking long term and decided to pick up a lease on a hybrid. So now I'm driving a plug in for work and the SC400 on weekends.

Can't say enough about how good it feels to ride the Lexus after being in the hybrid all day. A 2.5L 4 banger just isn't comparable in feeling, sound, and ruhruhhhhhhhhh as a 4.0L V8. I love this car and normally I wouldn't post on here. I usually just search to solve my problems, but I'm feeling inspired.

There is a lot of work to do. I purchased this off a used car lot for about $3700 with 128,000 miles. I did the math and that's about 5800 miles a year. I prod a little more about the previous driver and he tells me it was his wife's car and she drove it to get groceries and to work Clean title and all that. They said they purchased it Used Certified from a Lexus Dealership further north and the paperwork including a 1990s business card is in the owner's manual.

Again this car is dope. So much fun since I've had it. I've put so many miles on it. It's now at 142,000. And honestly I don't care. It's a machine... a japanese machine I'm going to milk the proverbial Lexus tit. I had a friend in high school who had a Lexus SC??? 1st gen and I remember looking at it cockeyed like what's 'at m8? Little did I know I would own it one day.

Then I had a friend who had a GS in high school and college with 5% tint that things was a joy. I'm hoping to own a GS one day. For me it's the perfect 4 door sports sedan, but I'm getting off topic. My dad also drove a Camry hybrid for a little while so I've gotten a feel for the quality work that you can expect from Toyota.

So many great examples of Toyota keeping things simple yet beautiful. The more I have looked at my SC the more I like it. I remember when I first saw my friend's thinking damn that rear looks a bit dated, but honestly if I could pick an era of car that I would want my styling to be from it would be the late 80s early 90s.

I haven't even lowered my car yet and it rides so low to the ground. Carving through canyons from SF down to San Diego with absolutely not one sketchy moment where the car gave me trouble or could not handle the turn. Sure it likes gasoline, but I'm working on ways of minimizing this problem and open to suggestions.

I really do appreciate more and more about this car every time I drive it. I think I have a nice balance going on right now between the plug in for work (driving is in the nature of my work) and the SC400 for mobbing around town, getting groceries, hitting the beaches outside of town, and shooting up a mountain road. It's just pure fun and joy when I push on the throttle. This car gets me and the size is perfect. If I am driving in a car that makes me happy I only want one other person in the car with me: my girl or my homie. Sorry no room in the backseat I got some... cardboard boxes back there sorry.

So I don't have to worry about driving 15 people around or someone asking to borrow my truck to move or whether someone is gonna wipe the mud off their shoes on my carpet and leather seats. Naw, I'll just move the seats back all the way and use it as storage.

Anyways I have a lot of work and projects for this car, but we'll see how long I own it, how much work I do, and where things are in a bit. Either way, this car brings me a lot of joy for the time being. It has gotten me from a to b to c to z safely (few times when it was raining I did some lightweight drifting unintentionally... at first) and reliably. I really appreciate that first and foremost about it. It has been nothing but reliable and that reliability is why I feel so comfortable and assured when I drive it.

I love Toyota and look forward to following the progress through the years.

Cheers
Old 12-06-15, 07:33 AM
scFohunid
Driver School Candidate

Default Pictures ^^

So much appreciation for this car.

[I]
Old 12-07-15, 08:53 AM
LoSC400
Driver School Candidate

Default Hey My Name is Logan

Hey there guys. I have bought a 95 sc400 and i am very pleased. This is my first lexus. I have been into toyota for a long time. I feel i have of upd my game by going to lexus. This car is amazing and comfortable. I want to strip slam and push out as much powre N/A as possible out my 4.0. These are my goals. Any ideas or comments plz let me know. I want 500 HP n/a. How do i get there
Old 12-08-15, 02:38 AM
Clutchwrkr
Driver School Candidate

Default New here and new to lexus

I bought my sc about a week ago. It has 69k original miles and I couldn't pass up the deal. I never even thought about buying a Lexus until a buddy of turned me on to them. So far I'm in love, I plan on purchasing another sc in the future as they are pretty easy to come by here in Florida. I've already bought a carbon fiber hood and a mishimoto radiator and when I get paid again I'm gonna put my new baby on some coils and wheels
Old 12-08-15, 05:06 AM
ScGhost19
Driver School Candidate

What's sup guys my Name is Ty , I'm a 19 year old from Baltimore , I've had 3 sc400's and now that I have another I plan on keeping it and and taking care of it this time have had some bad luck in the past but just looking to learn more about the sc and what can be done for more horses and power in the car thanks look forward to hearing from you guys ✌🏾️
Old 12-08-15, 03:44 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 361 Likes on 242 Posts

Pictures, people. Pictures.....

We love to see pictures of these cars!!!!
Old 12-08-15, 04:58 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LoSC400
Hey there guys. I have bought a 95 sc400 and i am very pleased. This is my first lexus. I have been into toyota for a long time. I feel i have of upd my game by going to lexus. This car is amazing and comfortable. I want to strip slam and push out as much powre N/A as possible out my 4.0. These are my goals. Any ideas or comments plz let me know. I want 500 HP n/a. How do i get there
Logan, again welcome. It was good to see you pulled the trigger with the Lex! You have my number, and I'm right around the corner-I'm sure we're going to be wrenching on the SC soon? Glad the steering fix worked out for you, let me know if you have any more questions.

steve
Old 12-08-15, 09:05 PM
Deathbarel
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

850$ 1993 166K garnet red auto
tire hit the front bent the rad support we pulled it out

Old 12-09-15, 03:54 AM
ScGhost19
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Duck05
Pictures, people. Pictures.....

We love to see pictures of these cars!!!!

Not much right now , but she's doesn't need any work accept exhaust leak but I plan on running full header exhaust sometime this month , taking it day by day for now , but I'll upload some more pics when I wake up guys I just got off work 😓
Old 12-09-15, 12:38 PM
jimdm
Driver School Candidate

Smile First Lexus

Hi, my name is Jim, my wife said I am having a midlife crisis so that is how I ended up getting a 1992 SC400. Has only 123,00 km's, not miles for all the Americans in here. I'm up here in Canada so not the best winter car. Got to drive it for 3 months before just putting it in the garage for the winter. The kids love riding in the car almost as much as I love driving it. A couple of mechanical issues I need to fix in the spring. Trunk shocks, power antenna & power window but other then that everything is great. I will have to post some pictures when I get home. I did not realize how big this club was so I am looking forward to getting some help in the spring!
Old 12-09-15, 06:49 PM
SCBenny
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys just joined! Working on building my 1992 sc300 manual, interior is 70% stripped and a cage should go in soon. I am looking forwards to seeing everyones builds and advice!
Old 12-10-15, 08:09 AM
VOrteneau
Driver School Candidate

Hi!

Vincent here, I've been an SC owner for about 2 years now, though I just came across the form recently. This is my first Japanese automobile, having been a devotee of 90's-era BMW/MB for many years. When I picked this one up, I'd been searching for SL500s, when a friend made a strong case for looking towards the SC as an example of some of the finest engineering of the era.

I figured I'd give it a cursory glance on Autotrader, and on there I saw an ad for a '92 SC400, freshly posted, with no pics, no description other than keywords, and a mileage listing of 41,000. Figuring it was a mistake, I called the guy, who told me that the mileage wasn't a mistake...but he was in Texas, and had only meant to post locally. Figuring it was fate, I offered to fly out from the east coast that day to snag it from him. What a lucky decision that turned out to be; he was a guy in his 90s who was a Supra fanatic, and had kept an SC for 20+ years as a backup for when they were in the shop. So, low miles, but it'd been driven 1-2k every year like clockwork, and been serviced on the reg. I immediately saw what my friend meant when he pitched the model to me; it stands up to anything I've ever driven from that age, and in some ways exceeds them. I've rolled about 20k miles on it since then, and I've loved every minute of them.

Old 12-11-15, 10:49 PM
Sactolex
Rookie

Old 12-12-15, 12:15 PM
Kenobi5150
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, my name is Pete.

I'm a college student and retail worker that will hopefully soon be a member of Club Lexus full time. I currently own a 94 Toyota Pickup with a 5/MT and I am looking to purchase one of my dream cars, 1992-1997 SC300 with a 5/MT as well.

I haven't had much luck with finding one yet, but hopefully 2016 will be a great year for me.

I've been a lurker for about a year now, and some of you folks have some super clean SCs, I am very jealous! Have a great day.

Old 12-12-15, 04:16 PM
soarer19
Driver School Candidate

Sup guys, im Chuck.

I've been a part of the Supra community since 2006 as i own a MK3 with a 1j and a few years ago picked up a, (clean as i possibly could have for being in ohio), SC400 and have been redoing some modifications to both vehicles and noticed I've been a member for five years and have had not had much reason to integrate into the CL community in lieu of diving into my current projects.

SC400 is black, getting repainted the same colorish, ( different metal flake and tint). Car is lowered on Megan streets and mufflers have been deleted. Currently replacing front LCA's and preparing for spring. Picture to follow.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!