SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-15, 08:18 AM
Purebeard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MersedesGLE 400 AT

All hello my name is Sergey, I want to enter into your club. Recently bought to itself MersedesGLE 400 AT. do I have a question: who does have such machine? how are you with a brake? me it seems to, skids not reliable....
Old 11-19-15, 06:10 AM
Devan
Driver School Candidate

Hay I'm New.
I just bought a SC400.
I was starting to give my car a tune up when the 200lb hood dam near killed me.
After it regurgitated my upper half; I thought I should join up before I made any more stupid mistakes.
Too late I disconnected the first TRC.
The Driver's side window is disconnected and You guessed it-
**** load of rain just hit town.
Power steering leeks all over the alternator

I own a Lexus.......
Old 11-22-15, 08:43 AM
pishta
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just inherited my Dads 93 SC400. MAintenance records were pretty complete, lots of old man stuff done professionally (brakes, battery replaced, valve cover gaskets, R134, stock tires replaced) Drives great, TRAC buzzes and then lights up, other times it doesnt. A/C works great, display leaked, stock tape mechanism doesnt work (I think its a belt?) so I cant even put a mp3 adapter in there as it just auto reverses 3X and then goes to FM. Dont know status on timing belt @ 175K miles, I think it was replaced at about 130 hopefully, markings anywhere to say though I used to own a 92 LS400 6 years ago until it got totalled in a sideswipe. Suspension seems pretty solid. Have not checked it out underneath yet, fingers crossed!
Old 11-23-15, 08:32 AM
jrally
Driver School Candidate

A few weeks back, I bought a '93 SC400 as a daily driver/future project car. My background in cars modifications leans more towards rallying and off road then street and track. I have done some track builds, and done plenty of track days myself, so I'm no stranger to that side of car culture.
As for my crown jewel of internet fame goes, it's my Celica build and adventures that can be had in the car.
http://www.stanceworks.com/2015/04/b...toyota-celica/
My plan might be just as nuts for the SC, time will tell over the next 6 months to year...

-Jon

Last edited by jrally; 01-05-16 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-24-15, 05:11 AM
1JZCK
Driver School Candidate

Hello all! My name is Jack and i'm a 21 yo from Minnesota. I recently bought a 92 sc300 with a 1jz and r154. So far I love it! It's stock with the exception of a front mount, so so far I've been working on little maintenance things and I gotta say the 1j is easier to work on than I thought it was going to be. This is my first Toyota/Lexus product (I'm a Subaru/240sx guy ha) but now I can definitely see some more in my future. Since winter is pretty much on us now I'll have some down time to save up and work on the car. I gotta wideband on the way, and will be taking car of some minor body work and pretty much driving it as is till the stock twins go. Then I'll dive into going single. Uploaded a couple pics.

Old 11-28-15, 02:15 PM
ahero4all
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default SC Enthusiast scores a 98 SC400! To Mod or not to Mod, that is the question.

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts

This 98 is my 4th SC. I have owned them off and on since 1996.. My 1st was a Red n tan 1992 SC300 Auto, I quickly traded that for a Pearl white and Black 5 speed which I regret letting go! I had no idea how rare that car was..My 3rd was a Black and tan 1995 SC400 and now I am a proud owner of a Borque Red SC400 one of 1189 produced..

Back in 1997 I remember reading Road & Track about the upgraded 98 Model year and going to see them on the Showroom floor. To say the least the $58k price sticker was way out of my budget..

I have always wanted to find a 98 or newer SC and modify it. I searched for about a year before buying this SC. The owner was almost 80 and drove it from LA to Phoenix, always garaged it and had every single record of every oil change and every maintenance record, a stack! so I was not afraid of the 175k on the odometer..Plus he mentioned that he never took it over 3k rpm

So, I was going to start modifying it however, it is in such showroom condition I started to wonder if I would be doing it a disservice. So I decided to make it perfect, I had the Nakamichi speakers rebuilt, did a water pump and timing belt service, changed the plugs with MKG put a new radiator and a few other things
WOW, it is way faster than the previous models, quieter and handles great but yet I feel the urge to modify it..

First off, I am looking to share some of my enthusiasm for this car as all my friends see it as just some older Lexus..Secondly I am looking for some feed back as to just modify this one or sell it and find a less clean example to tear into. Plus, the 12disc changer is not working, can any one suggest a place to have it repaired?

Thanks for reading my post and I will look forward to talking with you all..

Cheers

even had the original First Aide Kit! Every record of every oil change

took this pic when I replaced the Valve cover gaskets..Super clean!

The interior is near perfect! not one scratch of nick in the entire cabin

Old 11-28-15, 03:03 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ahero4all
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts

This 98 is my 4th SC. I have owned them off and on since 1996.. My 1st was a Red n tan 1992 SC300 Auto, I quickly traded that for a Pearl white and Black 5 speed which I regret letting go! I had no idea how rare that car was..My 3rd was a Black and tan 1995 SC400 and now I am a proud owner of a Borque Red SC400 one of 1189 produced..

Back in 1997 I remember reading Road & Track about the upgraded 98 Model year and going to see them on the Showroom floor. To say the least the $58k price sticker was way out of my budget..

I have always wanted to find a 98 or newer SC and modify it. I searched for about a year before buying this SC. The owner was almost 80 and drove it from LA to Phoenix, always garaged it and had every single record of every oil change and every maintenance record, a stack! so I was not afraid of the 175k on the odometer..Plus he mentioned that he never took it over 3k rpm

So, I was going to start modifying it however, it is in such showroom condition I started to wonder if I would be doing it a disservice. So I decided to make it perfect, I had the Nakamichi speakers rebuilt, did a water pump and timing belt service, changed the plugs with MKG put a new radiator and a few other things
WOW, it is way faster than the previous models, quieter and handles great but yet I feel the urge to modify it..

First off, I am looking to share some of my enthusiasm for this car as all my friends see it as just some older Lexus..Secondly I am looking for some feed back as to just modify this one or sell it and find a less clean example to tear into. Plus, the 12disc changer is not working, can any one suggest a place to have it repaired?

Thanks for reading my post and I will look forward to talking with you all..

Cheers

even had the original First Aide Kit! Every record of every oil change

took this pic when I replaced the Valve cover gaskets..Super clean!

The interior is near perfect! not one scratch of nick in the entire cabin

Oh wow, that's a really clean SC! I've always wondered what all came from the factory in the trunk? lol
Old 12-01-15, 04:08 PM
ahero4all
Driver

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Oh wow, that's a really clean SC! I've always wondered what all came from the factory in the trunk? lol
I sold high end Luxury cars in the late 90's and it was rare to find one at that time which had the original First aide kit and all the tools in the truck...

I feel lucky to have found this car..
Old 12-01-15, 04:10 PM
ahero4all
Driver

Originally Posted by ahero4all
I sold high end Luxury cars in the late 90's and it was rare to find one at that time which had the original First aide kit and all the tools in the truck...

I feel lucky to have found this car..
Super hard to believe but it has the original Lexus pen in the owners Manuel
Old 12-01-15, 07:06 PM
matguy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has both the original first aid kit and the tools.
Old 12-02-15, 04:00 PM
olmytsi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by matguy
Mine has both the original first aid kit and the tools.
My 99 also came with those
Old 12-02-15, 06:20 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm Mike. Been here a while- Own a 2GS (build thread in sig); dumped my VW and got a '95 SC300 for daily. $1,000 and some new steering rack bushings and really starting to enjoy the car!

Old 12-03-15, 02:45 AM
saidien
Driver School Candidate

Hey everybody! My name is Justin. I bought a 1992 SC300 earlier this year and have been working on it little by little. I have been lurking around this forum but just recently joined so that maybe I can give back to the community (Thanks for the vast amount of knowledge) more good info.
The car has over 200k miles, rough interior and a slew of things to refine. I guess you could say that, for right now, it's just an old beater but it gets me around just fine so far. As this project continues, I will be sure to post updates and such in the proper threads. Currently, I am in the "transmission phase", eager to get my 6 speed installed!
My ultimate goal for this car is to be a daily driver with a little more "go" than a person might suspect while maintaining most of the luxuries this car was (and still is) known for.
Old 12-04-15, 08:26 AM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1JZCK
Hello all! My name is Jack and i'm a 21 yo from Minnesota. I recently bought a 92 sc300 with a 1jz and r154. So far I love it! It's stock with the exception of a front mount, so so far I've been working on little maintenance things and I gotta say the 1j is easier to work on than I thought it was going to be. This is my first Toyota/Lexus product (I'm a Subaru/240sx guy ha) but now I can definitely see some more in my future. Since winter is pretty much on us now I'll have some down time to save up and work on the car. I gotta wideband on the way, and will be taking car of some minor body work and pretty much driving it as is till the stock twins go. Then I'll dive into going single. Uploaded a couple pics.

Dope you gotta come hang with the SC peoples in the cities!! look up MNillest on the FB, midwest Lexus SC / Toyota Soarer Crew and MNTSL. cant wait to see that thing!
Old 12-05-15, 07:47 PM
ahero4all
Driver

Originally Posted by olmytsi
My 99 also came with those
Awesome! but do either of you have the original Lexus pen in the Leather owners manual?

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!