SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 05:27 AM
SMUChris
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WadeLovell
"Hey, everyone. My name is Chris, and I live in Dallas. I just bought this SC300 last week. I've loved these cars ever since I was in high school in the 90s."

Welcome, Chris, that is one beautiful interior. Must have lived in garages its entire life.
Thank you, sir. Yeah, it is a one-owner, and I doubt it's spent many nights in the elements. I have a question for you guys: anyone know the purpose of those two wires coming out of the dash? The car has a little antenna-like thing for satellite radio on the roof just above the windshield. I figure the wires have something to do with that. Does anyone know if I could use those wires to play music from my phone/mp3 player? Neither of the wires fit directly into my phone, but I figure there may be some sort of adapter that would work.
Old 01-20-12, 09:50 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

Hi. My name is Marco. Just traded my 91 rx7 fc for a 92 sc400. Love the v8 and a couple other things. Old owner was retarded and didn't take care of ****. So correcting mistakes has been the name of the game so far. The car is eventually going to be a very well rounded track car. Mostly focused on drifting for sure. Car looks like **** now so no pics just yet. Lol. But I'm sure I'll Mao a build thread soon!
Old 01-20-12, 07:55 PM
DRFTSLUHT
Driver School Candidate

My name is josh. I'm in the process of getting my first sc. I'm actually trading my s14 for one. I will say I'm gonna miss have a clutch to kick around but ill get over it i guess. I plan to go with the whole vip style and daily it for the time being then id like to manual swap it someday. So hopefully i won't regret getting the sc. I guess we will see.
Old 01-20-12, 09:22 PM
SCShawn
Driver School Candidate

Hi, my name is Shawn. I decided to finally register after lurking on this site for a couple of years. I own a 92 SC300. I like it a lot.
Old 01-22-12, 01:42 AM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scweetrob
is goldsboring goldsboro? im on a tight budget no where nere ready to be boosted. im jealous. i gotta see it when youre done
Yeah man, currently deployed but when I get back and get it out of storage, i'll be ready to rock.
Old 01-22-12, 08:46 PM
jetsupra00
Driver School Candidate

My name is Jesse and I finished building my SC300 around a couple months ago. But unfortunetly I have to sell it now. I will post picture of the SC in the main forum I feel its worthy.

Thanks for all the great INFO on the site and I am an avid search button user!!
Old 01-22-12, 11:38 PM
Bertman
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys. I'm Bert from So Cal. I've had a good standing relationship with Toyota vehicles since my first car was a 1995 Toyota Camry LE. Unfortunately I was involved in a bad accident which resulted in my Camry being totaled (at 355,000 miles, she ran a good life). With what my insurance gave me I went out to buy the one car that's been in my sights for a long time. A Lexus SC400.

I just bought the car a little over two weeks ago. She's a high mileage machine at 250k, but I do plan on doing some extensive work on her over time. She was leaking coolant when I bought it, but I have since managed to fix that. I did an oil change refilling the engine with Mobil 1 5w30 and haven't seen any oil leaks since I bought the car. Oil level is still at Full & the oil itself still looks new after 1,000 miles. Overall she's a pretty stout car considering I paid less than 2500 for it. Ok interior although there are a few things that do need to be addressed. I have a long bucket list of things planned for this car. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase so far!

Last edited by Bertman; 01-22-12 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-23-12, 01:28 PM
ilikestuff
Driver School Candidate

Default wooo helloo ladies and gents :D!

here comes my epic intro

what's up i'm juan so many days and many moons i've thought long and hard about the one question every man(or women) asks them selfs "what is my car in life" unfortunately my broke @SS can't afford a supra.... so thou finally figured out SC300 time!

so lately i've been checking out the market for a car 20,000 dollar budget (m3,is350) were what i was looking for and for as long as i've known what a nice car was sc300's have always had a place in my beer !

so this year the goal is to build myself a laget daily driver 350-450 rwhp sc with a nice 2jzgte swap i figured it's what would really make me happy instead of going out and buying a m3 or is350

so since i know some of the basics like

1.5h!t ant **** to do a swap
2.it's time consuming
3.5h!t ant cheap
4.gf hates lexus (fail)
5.5h!t ant cheap
6.dear japan move closer
7.5h!t ant cheap
8.WELL WORTH IT!

i know the basics on sc's they come with the none turbo supra engine and making a 2jzgte swap isn't cheap at all and if i want cheap go buy a little civic (ha aw i drive one ...)

basically what id love to get information on is what to look for and what's the most affordable way to get going on this as far as my swap goes i'm looking to do that this summer so any opinions,advice, would be greatly appreciated

-juan !
Old 01-24-12, 05:40 AM
IndyMK3
Driver School Candidate

Default Burned UP lex

Hey everyone figured I would post up an intro so i can maybe get some answers lol. I bought a 95 SC400 that had a slight engine fire for a good price. Needs a chassis harness, brake master cylinder and booster and im also going to be looking for another 1uz. The 400 will be my new daily after i get her up and going again and my 7m Supra will be getting her ProEFI stadalone and billet 6266 turbo
Old 01-24-12, 09:59 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Default Newb from Tampa, FL!!

Hey guys, My name is Casey.... Recently purchased a 1996 SC300 5spd car. I come from a huge honda background, everything from stock singles to fully built GSR's making 603whp. Now on to bigger and better things! Hope to learn a lot from the forums.

Heres a few pics, Let me know what you guys think!

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus1.jpg

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus9.jpg

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus16.jpg

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-lexus15.jpg
Old 01-26-12, 04:05 PM
simplified
Driver School Candidate

wud up peoples....been a big honda,subaru fan most of my life.sold all my toys(cars) a few yrs ago to put a down payment on my house.kept my truck and have missed owning something with boost and a clutch so i decided to look for another project.upon my journey to find my next project i happen to run across a very clean 95 sc300.i did not know much about these cars and there isnt many around my area that have any performance work done to them so i decided to do a little research on this car.after finding out that these cars can be swapped very easily with jz tt motors i became a huge fan and a club lexus ***** after spending numerouse hrs researching.so the next day i was a proud owner of an sc300.i will be swapping a 1jz in this thing very soon as well as investing handfulls of cash to get this car where i would like it.i would like to thank everybody who invested the time to post all these helpfull threads that are on this site.i have been able to easily fix the few little problems that were wrong with the car when i purchased it thanks to you guys and hopefully i can find help with other things when i begin to transform this daily auto into a boosted beast.
Old 01-26-12, 08:04 PM
AnonymousG
Pole Position

Hi, names George just bought a 92 SC300 that needs some work, already bought some Varrstoen 2.2.1 for it tho.
Old 01-27-12, 08:53 PM
zdatlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the color combo of this car, seems kind of rare since i have not seen it around here...
Old 01-28-12, 10:07 PM
TTslug
Rookie

I forgot to post my intro lol, sorry guys

My name is mike, i live in toledo,ohio. I work in sleep disorder's, hobbies would be Car's, hockey and MMA ( jiu-jistu and Kickboxing). ok enough boring crap. how about the cars i own.

number 1.

1993 Dodge Stealth RT/Twin Turbo

mods: weisco pistons, freshed short block, refreshed head, 750cc, fpr,exhaust, non0maf intake, 15g turbos, fmic dual 255 fuel pumps, other misc crap that supports it.

Name:  4672885326_fe6563f7c5_b-1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  8.0 KB
Name:  Stealthatthetrack-1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  6.0 KB

number 2
1995 sc300,
mods: non-vvti 1jzgte w/auto trans, swap from a soaror, fmic and a ****ttttttty exhaust

i just picked this car, and of course the day i got it home, it wouldn't start, so i am trying to figure that out. have spark, have fuel, i'm guessing the timing is off going to start checking cam and crank sensors this week.

NOTE: haven't even had time to wash the car, it is EXTREMELY dirty, i will post better pics with a update after i get it running and cleaned up. needs alot of cleaning.

Name:  sc300.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  39.9 KB
Name:  sc-driver.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  62.3 KB
Name:  sc-engine.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  59.7 KB
Name:  sc-front.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  92.0 KB
Name:  sc-pass.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  70.2 KB
Old 01-29-12, 03:59 PM
Dcbred300
Driver School Candidate

Default Intros

Whats up CL? Just recently picked up a red SC300. Runs great and I love it. Im indifferent about the color. I would possibly like matte black or blue or something but it is also growing on me. We'll see first I have some other things in mind like a 1JZGTE and some coilovers, exhaust and more. If you got some ideas let me know. I will get some pics up here soon.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!