SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

so what got a rideskinz lip!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-11, 11:43 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great on your car Durrby. Wish they would have made that color for the SC in other years instead of I believe just 99-00? Question....did your body guy trim the piece around the fogs? From your pic it looks like he didn't....but at the same time it looks like your lip is mounted a little lower than mine....hence why you may not have the same small gap I have at the end of the foglights.

Keep in mind you can really only see that tiny gap when you are right up on the car. Whenever anyone takes a picture of it from even a small distance it will never show up on camera.
Old 11-01-11, 01:52 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good Durrby
Old 11-01-11, 11:47 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the fact that this lip is poly, it's different, and affordable. That's where it stops. Now I know I'm about to get yelled at by a lot of you guys, doesn't matter to me. I am really disliking the fitment around the lower foglights and on the side of the bumper. Maybe it's the angle if the picture itself, but this doesn't look right to me. Seems as if it is just covering a small lower portion of the light itself. Maybe it's an installation thing. Anyone care to chime in?
Old 11-01-11, 11:59 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

^^ I totally agree around the fogs lights, I did talk to couple ppl, and they couldn't see it. Im glad ppl are seeing it now, I had a big win lip before, it is a PERFECT fitment and there no odd fog light problems. It fits really tight in that it did not need screws. Im just giving my POV with my experience of big win lip.

Last edited by horent135; 11-01-11 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-01-11, 02:02 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

well i'm not putting mine on until next spring so hopefully some of you guys will figure out the fittment or trimming if necessary around the fogs and chime back.
Old 11-01-11, 04:21 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Thinking about trimming mine in that area, but after staring at mine trying to decide the correct "line" to use, I can't help but to be cautious. . Its seems easy to screw it up if not rimmed right.
Old 11-01-11, 08:55 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Looks great on your car Durrby. Wish they would have made that color for the SC in other years instead of I believe just 99-00? Question....did your body guy trim the piece around the fogs? From your pic it looks like he didn't....but at the same time it looks like your lip is mounted a little lower than mine....hence why you may not have the same small gap I have at the end of the foglights.

Keep in mind you can really only see that tiny gap when you are right up on the car. Whenever anyone takes a picture of it from even a small distance it will never show up on camera.
Yup 99-00 only. When I 1st dropped the lip off, which was 15 minutes after I got it he told me that he needed to chop off some of that area. He said without doing so it wouldn't fit as tight as it should. He ended up taking a little off one side and realized that it still wasn't going to sit flush against the bumper. He just trimmed an equal amount off the other side. Honestly it's not too clean of a cut but hey what can you do and barely anything was taken off. About it sitting lower than yours, it's mounted as high as can be.

Also the double sided tape provided is failing already near where it's bolted to the driver side wheel well. There's about a 2" section where it won't stay attached. Is there anything I can do shy of unmounting it and adding some more tape. Can I just squeeze some glue for plastics or kwik plastik in there?
Old 11-01-11, 11:46 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Durrby
Yup 99-00 only. When I 1st dropped the lip off, which was 15 minutes after I got it he told me that he needed to chop off some of that area. He said without doing so it wouldn't fit as tight as it should. He ended up taking a little off one side and realized that it still wasn't going to sit flush against the bumper. He just trimmed an equal amount off the other side. Honestly it's not too clean of a cut but hey what can you do and barely anything was taken off. About it sitting lower than yours, it's mounted as high as can be.

Also the double sided tape provided is failing already near where it's bolted to the driver side wheel well. There's about a 2" section where it won't stay attached. Is there anything I can do shy of unmounting it and adding some more tape. Can I just squeeze some glue for plastics or kwik plastik in there?
That's what I figured. Believe me I was going to trim that section as well but after several people including myself looking at it for over an hour we realized it would actually make the gap worse instead of making it better. For those of you thinking about trimming this part of the lip I HIGHLY suggest you don't do it....otherwise you will regret it. It's VERY close to flush. Don't be too nit picky about it. Believe me when I tell you I am very **** when it comes to my SC....and this is just something that I have come to accept and is really not that big of a deal.

Durrby.....unfortunately you will have to take the lip back off and place more tape in the areas you are having problems in. Better to do it now then later down the road. I put double sided tape myself but only in a few sections and not over the entire top section of the lip.

I need to clarify this whole going over the foglight dilemma everyone is starting to have an issue with. Look at this picture of the REAL Big Win lip and tell me what you see?

That's right.....it comes a little over the foglight as well. IMO its really not that big of a deal and overall the lip on the SC looks perfect regardless. So again I implore everyone on here to stop worrying so much on that one section of the lip and just enjoy it. Oh and please don't trim those sections around the foglights.....or you will regret it

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 11-01-11 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-01-11, 11:51 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ haha I was gonna post a pic too and show that the Big Win fits exactly the same. I have seen that lip in person too and it also doesn't fit 100% perfect. No aftermarket lip fits perfect. But I know I didn't really want a fiberglass lip.
Old 11-02-11, 12:02 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
^^^ haha I was gonna post a pic too and show that the Big Win fits exactly the same. I have seen that lip in person too and it also doesn't fit 100% perfect. No aftermarket lip fits perfect. But I know I didn't really want a fiberglass lip.
Haha...believe me brotha I got plenty more pics where that came from No one really wants to try me on this subject. There is no debating on this anymore. Like you said no aftermarket lip fits perfect....period! And again poly > fiberglass anyday.

Oh and congrats on getting your lip in CalitriSC I honestly can't wait to see it on your SC. Please take some good pics of it when its on because I have already saved several pics of your car to my collection
Old 11-02-11, 12:07 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I will post pics when I get it on. It prolly wont be until the end of next month because I want to get the whole bumper painted with the lip.
Old 11-02-11, 12:19 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

*puts shears, chewing gum, and duct tape away*

Ok, ok, no trimming. Lol! The lip is nice regardless.
Old 11-02-11, 11:25 AM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I did mention in the other post that the BigWin lip does also cover part of the fog light area. However, I should also mention that the BigWin does fit much more snug in that area (no amount of gap). That could be attributed to it being made of fiberglass and not having any "flex" in it as well as being shaped extremely well. Though, the poly benefit still outweighs that small detail when it comes to having a very low car.

Regarding double-sided tape, I'd suggest using some 3M VHB tape. It's pretty expensive, even in bulk.
Old 11-07-11, 06:53 PM
Fujin
Driver School Candidate

We are still here in case anyone has any issues with their product. We don't want to leave our customers without allowing them an easy way to contact us. Thank You.

Also, I would reply but as always PRS has defended us really well and we agree with the statements he makes. We did everything in our power to provide a lip that would allow you to get a poly composite out of a very popular style lip. That minor gap could be adjusted, if you were to apply a little heat to it with a heat gun. Keep in safe distance. Try not apply heat after you've already painted it, it may cause issues in your paint. Or, you always have the option to trim it. Thank You.
Old 11-12-11, 11:16 AM
Fujin
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have anymore pics? I would love to see some more of these lips installed! Thanks.

Quick Reply: so what got a rideskinz lip!!!???