SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The sc is acting up.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 04:55 PM
AlataPoke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The sc is acting up.....

so ive been having some troubles with the sc lately it has been idleing rough sometimes stalling out it will misfire when i am driving wont start sometimes but the funny thing is all that only happens sometimes and then other times it will run perfect for a couple of days up like 2 weeks but the fuel pump is just been humming and makes kind of squeal sound when i accelerate.so the first thing i changed was the fuel pump cause i thought that was bad got a aftermarket delphi fuel pump put that it and nothing changed fuel pump still making all the same noises then i have also replaced the fuel filter and the fuel regulator. none of this helped so i did the fuel pump ecu bypass to see if the fuel pump ecu was bad and that as well didnt work. the only other thing that happens is the rpm and speed gauges will be stuck at 0 for up to 2-3 mins at times and just for 20 sec sometimes.

im looking for ur guys opinon of what it could be i am out of ideas

thanks in advance
Old 09-27-11, 05:21 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

On the fuel side, do you have anyway of setting up a temporary fuel pressure guage?

Have you checked the usual suspects ? Plugs? Cap/rotor? Air metering? O Ring around spark plugs?
Old 09-27-11, 07:03 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ecu if u have kept up with all the maintenance
Old 09-27-11, 09:54 PM
LEXTACULAR
Driver School Candidate

Check your mass air flow sensor...its a karman vortex and they are very tempermental....made by fuji electronics. If thats bad, i feel sorry for you...also check your engine temp sensor and o2 sensors...especially the ones before the cat...these things will all give you a rough idle and miss firing , but i can almost guarantee you its that maf sensor...try to get your ride hooked up on a modus scanner, their the best as far as diagnostic tools go....it will chart all the voltage readings of these important sensors and will let you know if your running rich or lean...which you definetely sound like from what ive read so far...let me know if this helped out at all too and good luck.
Old 09-27-11, 10:00 PM
LunaVyohr
Lead Lap

What's the going price for a MAF sensor these days?
Old 09-28-11, 12:58 PM
AlataPoke
Driver School Candidate

yea im going to try and change the the distributor cap/rotor and if that does not fix the problem i will run some test to check out the maf
thanks for the help guys